what music are you guys listening to?

Got a couple more for y'allI've previously reviewed all these guys on my music blog before and the link's in my sig if you want to read more and see what I think etc...www.myspace.com/karimfanous - great guitarist, cool bluesy folk sound saw him at an acoustic festival recently and he stole the show.www.myspace.com/carofeatcharliebatchelor - not reviewed yet but soon to go up (pretty solid record tho! :club:)Let me know what you think...also I LOVE RISE AGAINST and TIGER ARMY - not really the same genre but awesome!!!!!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

So today I was sitting around with some of my friends watching football and the commercial for the new iPod nanos came on that features Feist's song "1234" and we all came out and confessed our love for that song, is that gay?

So today I was sitting around with some of my friends watching football and the commercial for the new iPod nanos came on that features Feist's song "1234" and we all came out and confessed our love for that song, is that gay?
I had the exact some moment with some of my friends, except it was really just me confessing that I really like that song, and everybody calling me a faggot. Nikki and Tiffany can be so mean sometimes.
playing my first show with will/fill tonight at the note in chicago. we aren't really ready so...wish me luck.
Check you're lease man, 'cause you're livin' in Fuck City [assuming the gig goes well and attractive women are present].Wang

it was mildy annoying being my anal self, but the show went well.i see good things ahead.i just really want to play a show where wang, dutch, bigkg, and mbreon are present.

MK, why don't you come open my show to benefit the families of White people effected by those disruptive, tree-hogging Blacks in Jena. Skynard is the main act, but Toby Keith and Nickelback are also going to be there, and the money will be used to resegregate the South. We wanted a clever name ending with "aid," but our combined efforts were only able to come up with "NO COONS!" but spelled with a backwards "R." Guess where it is.This isn't the best place for this, but has anyone seen anything about this Jena(sp?) business? It's unfucingreal. They interviewed one person who was somewhat normal, and even he was a stretch. Most of them are so yokel-looking that I would almost be shocked if most of them weren't[/] stuck socially in the year 1885, and they're all posing proudly in front of their tractors and whatnot. My theory is that anyone who owns a piece of farming equipment that costs less than three quarters of a million dollars is probably a racist. (I actually have an incredible story about a racist buying a tractor, but it's pretty long, so remind me to tell it some other time.)

Yea I followed the Jena 6 stuff, but this isn't the best thread for that crap.So back to music, I've been messing with a few websites to listen to stuff at work. Anyone use either of these?Pandora - there was a thread in general about this a while ago, nice to plug in an artist and get decent recomendations on other artist that are similar.Imeem - Seems to be a myspace specifically to trade music/create play lists etc etc. I'm still playing with it, trying to figure out everything I can do.

Yea I followed the Jena 6 stuff, but this isn't the best thread for that crap.So back to music, I've been messing with a few websites to listen to stuff at work. Anyone use either of these?Pandora - there was a thread in general about this a while ago, nice to plug in an artist and get decent recomendations on other artist that are similar.Imeem - Seems to be a myspace specifically to trade music/create play lists etc etc. I'm still playing with it, trying to figure out everything I can do.
I've used imeem when I forget my ipod, but it's been awhile. I have a few Pandora stations, I like it. I have coworkers who use Yahoo radio.Today so far:Down The River of Golden Dreams - Okkervil RiverGirls Can Tell - SpoonGrandmasters - GZA/DJ MuggsNot sure what's on tap for the rest of the day yet.

someone burned the new smashing pumpkins for me right when it came out, and i just listened to it.songs are pretty lame, but the guitar tones are fuggin harsh and jimmy chamberlin's drumming is always entertaining. in summary, i would've liked this record a lot if it had been released in 1995 when i was 14.

MK, I think I'm going to have to delete Tri Repetae++ from my iPod, because when I'm listening to it while walking, I walk in sync with it and look like a jackass. But I keep putting it on, anyway. I think I'm starting to get into this stuff, finally.I've also been listening to a lot of Dan the Automator. Everything he does is just sick. Know of any great, weird hip-hop I wouldn't have heard of (don't mean to treat you like Pandora.com, but this works better)?

MK, I think I'm going to have to delete Tri Repetae++ from my iPod, because when I'm listening to it while walking, I walk in sync with it and look like a jackass. But I keep putting it on, anyway. I think I'm starting to get into this stuff, finally.I've also been listening to a lot of Dan the Automator. Everything he does is just sick. Know of any great, weird hip-hop I wouldn't have heard of (don't mean to treat you like Pandora.com, but this works better)?
lol. brown y booth = sickos. remind yourself when listening to tri repetae that it came out in NINETEEN NINETY FUCKING FIVE, and the beats still sound cool today. truly progressive music.hmm as for weird hip-hop that you maybe wouldn't have heard of that i think is great??? how aboutanti-pop consortiuma dude who's v v famous in some circles but it seems like a lot of people don't know about is j dilla.diplo is sort of famous now for working with m.i.a. but his own stuff is cool and not that many people listen to it...i guess in general some of the labels i like that put out consistently good left-field hip hop are like big dada, wea, anticon, ninja tune etc.
Anyone heard this Definitive Swim thing? It's legally free. I just found it -- haven't heard it yet, be the idea seems cool, and I though some of you would be interested.
<3 def jux
lol. brown y booth = sickos. remind yourself when listening to tri repetae that it came out in NINETEEN NINETY FUCKING FIVE, and the beats still sound cool today. truly progressive music.hmm as for weird hip-hop that you maybe wouldn't have heard of that i think is great??? how aboutanti-pop consortiuma dude who's v v famous in some circles but it seems like a lot of people don't know about is j dilla.diplo is sort of famous now for working with m.i.a. but his own stuff is cool and not that many people listen to it...i guess in general some of the labels i like that put out consistently good left-field hip hop are like big dada, wea, anticon, ninja tune etc.<3 def jux
Oh man, I'm already an English poser in that I wear Newcastle apparel and tell people to "slag off," so it was probably best I didn't find out about Ninja Tune. My day is pretty much shot on Wiki-surfing. I'm not sure what Dubstep is, exactly, but I want in. Only a couple albums are even completely downloaded, but I've already ordered a t-shirt and a little pendent on a stick to wave at people who might not already know I'm this fly.

Two albums that were turned up by MK's path of direction: Wiley - Play Time is Over, and Spank Rock - YoYoYoYoYo. I don't know if these albums are well-known, but they're both super, super cool.Edit: This edit is about four hours later, and I've been listening to album after album, and I'm really, really enjoying it. With as unbelievable much ground I've covered, I think coming back to Spank Rock was the best part. I love this record.

I hate to do it, but I knew you (MK) had said something about Dubstep, so I broke down and used the search feature. Burial is in the queue (from some of the response it got, I'm assuming I won't actually enjoy it that much 'til I've had a little more electronianducation, but the idea of it is really appealing to me, so I'll just fake it until I actually learn to appreciate it, like I did with hip-hop and indie rock). Right now, I'm really enjoying Skream. This is the first album of this genre I've really liked upon first listen.

Two albums that were turned up by MK's path of direction: Wiley - Play Time is Over, and Spank Rock - YoYoYoYoYo. I don't know if these albums are well-known, but they're both super, super cool.Edit: This edit is about four hours later, and I've been listening to album after album, and I'm really, really enjoying it. With as unbelievable much ground I've covered, I think coming back to Spank Rock was the best part. I love this record.
I have a friend who's been gushing about this Spank Rock record. I really need to get on that.

I'm trying to find a copy of Ricardo Villalobos's Fabric 36 and for some reason all the torrent sites I use don't have it. I am sad.Today I'm listening to the Flaming Lips a lot, and then I've had an urge to listen to The Futureheads, so I'll do that later. Hold Steady's Separation Sunday is on the playlist, too. Not sure if I'll get to it, don't know if I'll have time.Wang