daniel what were your last memories of stu ungar?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did go guys hear DN clubs baby seals? I can prove it.danielclubbedababyseal7to.jpg
Man, what a great, easy job.. I read in the NY Times last year that seal clubbing was on the rise again. About time. Where do I sign up for this cake job? I hate seals..
Don’t get me wrong, I still hat seals, but I wasn’t expecting that a seal could look that cute.
Man, I'm getting hard just thinking about clubing some seals. .THat's it, I'm moving to the people's republic of canadia.. Think they'll give me a work visa to club seals?
Thats my new signature

the fact is that there are hundreds of stu ungers all over vegas and anywhere else really. but most of them aren't 3-time wsop champions. they play lo limit games against people like us. (not all of us, i'm sure some of you are high rollers)i see them all the time and do we give any thought as to what happens to them after we take their money when we hit that flush on the river to crush their 2-pair. no we don't. we just rake their(our) chips in and think about how well we played the hand.i understand being curious about any inight daniel may have regarding stu unger but clearly you're trying to make daniel feel guilty which is a cheapshot in my opinion.btw. how do you "lock up" a post?

the fact is that there are hundreds of stu ungers all over vegas and anywhere else really. but most of them aren't 3-time wsop champions. they play lo limit games against people like us. (not all of us, i'm sure some of you are high rollers)i see them all the time and do we give any thought as to what happens to them after we take their money when we hit that flush on the river to crush their 2-pair. no we don't. we just rake their(our) chips in and think about how well we played the hand.i understand being curious about any inight daniel may have regarding stu unger but clearly you're trying to make daniel feel guilty which is a cheapshot in my opinion.btw. how do you "lock up" a post?
Well. the first thing you do is get 3000 more posts... make ssure they are over all friendly, kind hearted ones with miniumal flaming. A goodish amount of posts in strat would help. Make sure you kiss ass to all the regulars, all the mods, and DN in particular. Then you will be made a moderator. How you lock a thread from there, I don't really know, since i'm still working on step one, and I'm not doing a very good job kissing ass, I don't think.
Well. the first thing you do is get 3000 more posts... make ssure they are over all friendly, kind hearted ones with miniumal flaming. A goodish amount of posts in strat would help. Make sure you kiss ass to all the regulars, all the mods, and DN in particular. Then you will be made a moderator. How you lock a thread from there, I don't really know, since i'm still working on step one, and I'm not doing a very good job kissing ass, I don't think.
People like you and me, McGee, we’re just too edgy for those conformists to give us any real power - Plus they know we’d abuse it – They just can’t handle our hard, pirate personas, that are what make us so wicked-bad.

i dont know if you people know this but shortly before passin Stuey's son passed, and from the mouth of Mike Sexton, one of Stueys best friends, this was when he gave up on life. no amount of money could save him. he just didn't care anymore.STUEY WAS, AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE MASTER

Someone brings up a reasonable topic and the rest of you think it's a slant on Negreanu. This forum is the fishiest poker forum ever filled with donkeys.This is an interesting topic. But, Daniel wasn't the only one sitting that table. Many other great players were there too, it wasn't like Daniel broke Stu Ungar or anything, the table collectively took $23k off him. I would be interested to hear Daniel's opinion on Stu Ungar, and I don't think he would take offense to trying to win in poker even against a desperate man. He was being backed in that game by an old friend...

Someone brings up a reasonable topic and the rest of you think it's a slant on Negreanu. This forum is the fishiest poker forum ever filled with donkeys.This is an interesting topic. But, Daniel wasn't the only one sitting that table. Many other great players were there too, it wasn't like Daniel broke Stu Ungar or anything, the table collectively took $23k off him. I would be interested to hear Daniel's opinion on Stu Ungar, and I don't think he would take offense to trying to win in poker even against a desperate man. He was being backed in that game by an old friend...
if your gonna post in here like a condesending old pro that knows everything about poker and poker history you better tell us your real name or we will begin to start flaming the hell out of you thinking your just a fake show off.
Actually, the OP originally fingered DN Matlock-style for the death of Ungar and has since edited the post. I think all the animals Dolittle can see would take this to be offensive:
Thanks Negreano, you helped kill a legend for a few lousy bucks.
Hey jerkwad, if you check page one, you'll see that I already beat you to all your points...as for a "reasonalble" topic, yiou think statements such as I just think in the back of Daniels mind, he knew that after losing his last money, that it would be the end of Stu Ungar. are reasonable? because I think they are crazy. And perhaps you didn't notice from one of my posts, but this thread was originally titled " Daniel Negreanu Killed stu unger?" yeah, it's a great topic alright. Seal bashing is way cooler.
I just got done reading a book about Stu Ungar. It said that he was real down on his luck and had a bad drug problem, but someone staked him $25,000 for him to get in the big game at the Belligio and try to get back focused on poker and turn his life around. Even though Negreanu and a few other top players knew of Stu Ungars problems, they jumped at a chance to break him and take his roll. Not long after Ungar sat down with Negreanu he was indeed broke. This was Stueys last chance to turn his life around but Negreanu took all hope from him (along with a nice chunk of change). Now Ungar had nothing more to live for, he had given up hope. A short time later he was dead in his hotel room of a drug overdose.
I'm sure Daniel has nothing but respect and good things to say about Stuey. Is there a chance Daniel noticed that Stuey was desperate and on his last rope? Maybe, but what is he supposed to do dump his chips to him in the big game? That's unheard of. At those stakes its ridiculous to even contemplate it. Stuey was a grown man and grown men are responsible for their own actions. It was Stuey who did coke nonstop, stuey who lost all his money, and Stuey who put 25,000 at risk when he sat down at that table. It was stueys lifestyle that ultimately did him in not Daniel Negreanu.

man this site sucks.. they took down the picture of the seal getting clubed, dutch.. man... I'm bitter.. that's the only part of this stupid ass thread that was worth a damn... I can't believe they deleted that post, and didn't just lock this stupid ass thread.

Gosh. It looks as if I can not go to my sister's for Christmas and spend time with my family without the forum going into chaos.OK... I am locking this thread. I am locking it for several reason. Here they are:1. I had to delete some very gross bloody seal pictures. Not cool guys. 2. Even though the OP had edited her post, insinuating any foul play without any facts is not cool. I don't care who is involved. If you have a question, then ask it. However, it appears your motive was to stir up controversy, and it looks from the legnth of this thread, you have succeeded.3. Please forum members, instead of creating a long threads of flames, please email admin@fullcontactpoker.com or send any of the mods a PM and we will take care of the thread before it gets long and messy.