FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

Are you actually saying that LS selling product to these countries to spread capitalism and the American way? I see them doing whatever they need to do to make a profit including selling in countries that oppress gays. That's fine until you start blowing smoke up my ass about your great corporate policy about gay rights. What's more important profit or being a supporter of gay rights? You can't have it both ways. What is worse BSA's policy or Muslim law?
I guess I just see them as 2 different things that aren't related.Levi is in business to make money. Just like every other business in the world. They sell jeans to homophobes in America, Canada, Britain, Australia, Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, etc. How is selling their product to homophobes in Iraq or Afghanistan or wherever we're talking about different than selling them to homophobes in Indianapolis, Indiana?Who you support with the charity dollars derived from those sales seems like a separate entity to me.
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

LOOOOOOOOOOOLF'ed Your P. Nice English Canadian.Edit: You can't really tell so I'll just let you know that there's a lot of commas that are struck thru, ontop of the bolded parts. :heart:You are."It's the economy, stupid."
:club: See?? That's how ticked off I was.....typing fast, and making all those spelling and grammatical mistakes. Totally not like me! :D
You don't go to WalMart for just milk and walk out with a $100 receipt? I thought that was common.$300 at SuperTarget seems pretty standard from those I've discussed this with as well. Are you not in that group?
No, I'd never go to Walmart for milk. I wouldn't go to a Target for it either, that's why we have grocery stores. And between the two, I'll go into a Target over a Walmart any day, they are cleaner and have far superior customer service and general organization.
I guess I just see them as 2 different things that aren't related.Levi is in business to make money. Just like every other business in the world. They sell jeans to homophobes in America, Canada, Britain, Australia, Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, etc. How is selling their product to homophobes in Iraq or Afghanistan or wherever we're talking about different than selling them to homophobes in Indianapolis, Indiana?Who you support with the charity dollars derived from those sales seems like a separate entity to me.
To answer your first question: There is no difference.We will have to agree to disagree.What I see is a corporation with a supposed policy supporting gay rights that has no problem making money from a country with government supported homophobia.Lets take you back to the 80's again. How would you feel about it if LS was actively advertising and selling their product in South Africa during aparthide? Many companies refused to do business there at that time. I would be willing to bet LS was one of those companies.
No, I'd never go to Walmart for milk. I wouldn't go to a Target for it either, that's why we have grocery stores. And between the two, I'll go into a Target over a Walmart any day, they are cleaner and have far superior customer service and general organization.
And don't forget that Target doesn't edit out the swears on that rap music you people seem to like so much.
To answer your first question: There is no difference.We will have to agree to disagree.What I see is a corporation with a supposed policy supporting gay rights that has no problem making money from a country with government supported homophobia.Lets take you back to the 80's again. How would you feel about it if LS was actively advertising and selling their product in South Africa during aparthide? Many companies refused to do business there at that time. I would be willing to bet LS was one of those companies.
Okay, I see your point. Now let me ask you a question. If Levi Strauss pulled completely out of all Muslim countries and stated that they were doing so because of their gay rights policies but still refused to give money to the Boy Scouts would you still hate them?
Also, I'm not antagonizing Scott just for the joy of it, I really want to know the Boy Scout issue as well because I don't financially support the BSA because of their stance on homosexuality.
I love you.

GAP, Inc (Gay And Proud), which is the San Francisco based parent company to GAP, Old Navy, and Banana Republic is a marketing agency who specifics garments and then contracts the garment production in all of the same countries as Levi Strauss. js.

GAP, Inc (Gay And Proud), which is the San Francisco based parent company to GAP, Old Navy, and Banana Republic is a marketing agency who specifics garments and then contracts the garment production in all of the same countries as Levi Strauss. js.
GAP doesn't stand for Gay And Proud and it was started by a married couple, however, I found a link to Levi's for you..
In 1969, Donald Fisher opened the first ever Gap store in a theatre on Ocean Avenue near San Francisco State University, the store's merchandise consisted of Levi's blue jeans and records and tapes; however, the audio products were sold for a mere three months before being removed from the store.[citation needed]
GAP doesn't stand for Gay And Proud and it was started by a married couple, however, I found a link to Levi's for you..
Interesting. Our gay salesperson in LA had me convinced. Further proof I'm an idiot.

Sigh. This has been all over the news for the past couple of days. Keep in mind, the temps have been between 40 and 50 below.Freezing deaths of 2 girls shock Sask. communityA Saskatchewan First Nations community is grieving the loss of two toddlers who froze to death in the snow. Their father is being treated for hypothermia and frostbite. Police discovered the frozen body of a one-year-old girl Wednesday on the Yellow Quill First Nation, east of Saskatoon. Her three-year-old sister had been found the day before."From the people that I've talked to, they are very affected, very deeply, from what's happened here. For some it hasn't really sunk in yet, they're numb," Yellow Quill First Nation Chief Robert Whitehead told CTV Newsnet by phone.He said that some of the people he spoke to "were very distraught, crying, hoping it wasn't true."The father of the girls was picked up by police early Tuesday morning, suffering from exposure to the extreme cold.It wasn't until about eight hours later that the man, recovering in hospital, told police his two daughters were missing."He was conscious, he was awake," RCMP Sgt. Brad Kaeding told CTV Newsnet. "There is some suspicion that alcohol was a contributing factor."Kaeding said the suspicion is that the man's level of intoxication prevented him from telling hospital staff or RCMP about his daughters.Police believe the man left his residence to go to another house about 400 metres away. The man is also believed to have left his house with his children.Kaeding said the three-year-old girl, wearing only a diaper and T-shirt, was found between the two homes.CTV's Mike Ciona, reporting from the reserve, said the one-year-old was also found in the same area.The mother of the children lives in the community but it is unclear what she was doing during the time period in question, said Kaeding.http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/TopStorie...showbyline=True

Sigh. This has been all over the news for the past couple of days. Keep in mind, the temps have been between 40 and 50 below.Freezing deaths of 2 girls shock Sask. communityA Saskatchewan First Nations community is grieving the loss of two toddlers who froze to death in the snow. Their father is being treated for hypothermia and frostbite. Police discovered the frozen body of a one-year-old girl Wednesday on the Yellow Quill First Nation, east of Saskatoon. Her three-year-old sister had been found the day before."From the people that I've talked to, they are very affected, very deeply, from what's happened here. For some it hasn't really sunk in yet, they're numb," Yellow Quill First Nation Chief Robert Whitehead told CTV Newsnet by phone.He said that some of the people he spoke to "were very distraught, crying, hoping it wasn't true."The father of the girls was picked up by police early Tuesday morning, suffering from exposure to the extreme cold.It wasn't until about eight hours later that the man, recovering in hospital, told police his two daughters were missing."He was conscious, he was awake," RCMP Sgt. Brad Kaeding told CTV Newsnet. "There is some suspicion that alcohol was a contributing factor."Kaeding said the suspicion is that the man's level of intoxication prevented him from telling hospital staff or RCMP about his daughters.Police believe the man left his residence to go to another house about 400 metres away. The man is also believed to have left his house with his children.Kaeding said the three-year-old girl, wearing only a diaper and T-shirt, was found between the two homes.CTV's Mike Ciona, reporting from the reserve, said the one-year-old was also found in the same area.The mother of the children lives in the community but it is unclear what she was doing during the time period in question, said Kaeding.http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/TopStorie...showbyline=True
It's very sad, Bunny, and I don't mean to make fun but.......well.........I just nearly can't help myself.
It's very sad, Bunny, and I don't mean to make fun but.......well.........I just nearly can't help myself.
:club: It is sad. And sadder because it's so stupid. This tard took his children out in minus 40 degree weather in nothing but a T-shirt and diaper, while drunk...and then didn't notify anyone for 8 hours because he was afraid.
But Clinton took a roaring economy and drove it into recession.Bush inherited that recession and turned it around even with the economic disaster of 9/11 with his tax cuts. This current economy has been hard hit buy high gas prises and the housing disaster and without those cuts we would be in a big recession right now.Don't get me wrong, Bush not putting his thumb down on spending from both R and D congresses has been a major disappointment. If he would have had some balls and put his foot down we would be in great shape now. To me this was a HUGE failure even bigger that keeping Rummy around so long.Bottom line I think Bush has sucked less than Clinton in the economic department.
Again. I'm talking perception of the public vs reality. You are preaching to the choir! but that doesn't mean the majority of people see the opposite! and in politics, perception IS reality!
You are."It's the economy, stupid."
No i'm not. When you get a clue, then come talk to me.