*official* i miss the old fcp thread:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*** The Official who cares STFU Post****Quote this if you're gald to be a part of this free site which seems to give so much to the members but asks for nothing in return.Much like highschool, times pass, years change, and new students (members) are introduced.Forget the ideas of the old FCP being a higher quality then the new, its simply not true. You became accustom to one, and find it difficult to accept anything "new" that makes you feel vulnerable and gives you a "newbie" generalization.RT
thanks Royal, from one of the noobs who has actually been around a long time just not posting for a long time. change is good. I change my underware at least once a week.

The forum is exactly the same! I don't get what people are complaining about. So there are a few extra "AA in a S&G - Did I Play This Ok?" threads popping up in the General forum. This too shall pass, and the regulars will dominate once again after the hype dies down. If you must, please feel free to flame mercilessly until all the newbies learn to post intelligently or lurk a while. (sw)

To let you Royal Tour fanboy's know, I'm still accepting applications to join the Official Royal Tour Fan Club.You shouldn't be kissing his ass if you're not a member. :club:

The forum is exactly the same! I don't get what people are complaining about. So there are a few extra "AA in a S&G - Did I Play This Ok?" threads popping up in the General forum. This too shall pass, and the regulars will dominate once again after the hype dies down. If you must, please feel free to flame mercilessly until all the newbies learn to post intelligently or lurk a while. (sw)
very true,If you notice, after logging into FCP.com when you hit forum, it takes you to a new window which is this exact same old non-changed forum

Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come. The more the game changes the more it is really the same.Jay

I dont want to join the fan club because then he might think Im weird and that could hurt my chances of getting some sweaty man love from him

Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come. The more the game changes the more it is really the same.Jay
Nice, I had something in my eye at the exact same time he played catch with his dead father in the field. seriously, it was like a eyelash or somethng

Imo everyone just needs a little time to adjust to the new site. I've been reading the strat section for about a year and signed up a couple of months ago.To be honest, I have to get used to the new lay-out as wel, and I think when the 'new' is wearing off the forum will get to its original state. Alot of bullcrap in the general section... and good advise in the strat section.Fwiw,Jan

*** The Official who cares STFU Post****Quote this if you're gald to be a part of this free site which seems to give so much to the members but asks for nothing in return.Much like highschool, times pass, years change, and new students (members) are introduced.Forget the ideas of the old FCP being a higher quality then the new, its simply not true. You became accustom to one, and find it difficult to accept anything "new" that makes you feel vulnerable and gives you a "newbie" generalization.RT
well i haven't been posting much lately because all the threads seems boring and most of them are about something about the new site or the fcp party. Even when I click a thread in "general", I see a lot of replys with newbies that I've never heard of before. I created a new poker account at FCP, but i dont see myself depositing or playing much at the site. The only reason i want to play in the site is for the contests daniel will be running. The Protege contest sounds like a blast, which is the only reason I created and account.anyways, post if you miss the old FCP site. btw, the forum has changed a lot for me in the past 2 days after the relaunch of the site. I just don't feel right anymore.the one and only, TENEIGHT!
*****************************************************First of all, I'm sorry that me and other "newbies" caused you to quit something that, it sounds like, you enjoyed doing! :oops: :wink: Second...even though I took a long time to become a charter member, I was reading the forums for quite some time so I don't think of myself as so "NEW".So as far as the New FPC site is concerned, I look at it as "the old site with additions" more than "a whole new site"!!just my NSHO
First of all, I'm sorry that me and other "newbies" caused you to quit something that, it sounds like, you enjoyed doing! :oops: :wink: Second...even though I took a long time to become a charter member, I was reading the forums for quite some time so I don't think of myself as so "NEW".So as far as the New FPC site is concerned, I look at it as "the old site with additions" more than "a whole new site"!!just my NSHO
SILENCE!!!!(sw)
well i haven't been posting much lately because all the threads seems boring and most of them are about something about the new site or the fcp party. Even when I click a thread in "general", I see a lot of replys with newbies that I've never heard of before. I created a new poker account at FCP, but i dont see myself depositing or playing much at the site. The only reason i want to play in the site is for the contests daniel will be running. The Protege contest sounds like a blast, which is the only reason I created and account.anyways, post if you miss the old FCP site. btw, the forum has changed a lot for me in the past 2 days after the relaunch of the site. I just don't feel right anymore.the one and only, TENEIGHT!
I kind have to agree with teaknight on this one. We had somewhat of a family going on before the "new FCP". Now there is so much crap being posted in the Gen. forums that i find myself not quite waiting in anticipation for "that second i can peel myself away from my work so I can see what happened next". However, Like DrawingDeadinDM, Im going to try and become a positive influence on this site and change with the times.

i agree with u...im waiting to see if the forum will go back to normal, i hope it does...as far as the protege contest...u mentioned that u were not going to play or deposit in the site... u need to make a 50 dollar deposit by the end of the month to be elligible.

First of all, I'm sorry that me and other "newbies" caused you to quit something that, it sounds like, you enjoyed doing! :oops: :wink: Second...even though I took a long time to become a charter member, I was reading the forums for quite some time so I don't think of myself as so "NEW".So as far as the New FPC site is concerned, I look at it as "the old site with additions" more than "a whole new site"!!just my NSHO
SILENCE!!!!(sw)
************************************Y'know, from a "non-newbie" I would expect a MUCH better response :roll: ...maybe you need 1200 posts...yeah, that must be it!!! :roll:

I do miss the old forum somewhat. However, with all the other pros opening up online poker rooms it's a natural progression for DN. Honestly with the latest business ventures DN has been involved in this makes the most sense. The online poker rooms provide the greatest opportunity for a return on initial investment.

Boo Fucking Hoo. My biggest concern is finding an avatar with large enough tits.
Honk if you like big tits..
HONK I think I found my new avatar. Thanks.

The way I see it is the forum really hasn't changed. For the past few months the Gen. Section has just been retarded, They should have changed the name to Flames. A newb would post and a vet would take them down, Funny after awhile but it got old and still is. I basically just read strat posts and occasionally post here and there. To me the Forum hasn't really changed just the navigation of the frontpage plus the new poker room that I probably wont be playing on. I've heard that was a pokerroom skin however I've never played on it before so I'm not sure. I sat down at a playchip table just to see how everything worked on it and I'm just not a fan of the software. It looks good but way to much is going on with it and it goes fairly slow. However Daniel has some sweet promotions going on there so that would be the only reason why I'd deposit. On a side note the front page looks good you just have to get used to the navigational aspect of it. It has sort of a Bodog feel I think, Big ups to Daniel and his team.