i guess i can't dodge bullets, baby!

2-4 Limit Hold 'Em me : Ah-Kh Some guy who'd been chasing with bottom pair/gutshots all night: X-X Flop: A-A-8 I bet, he calls Turn: As-A-8s-4 I bet, he raises, I reraise, he caps it, I call. River: A-A-8-4-2 I check, he bets, I call with my last $3. The biggest fish at the table flips over 8-8 and I'm broke. Talk about demoralizing.

I can't tell for sure because the details on preflop play are sketchy, but it looks to me like you lost somewhere in the vicinity of 4.5bb. Not only that, but that's all you were sitting at the table with. I don't really know why you felt the need to start a thread about losing $18.

Let's get this straight. A. You started the hand behind. B. On the flop, you were behind.C. On the turn, you were behind.D. On the river, you were behind. E. You're complaining this is some sort of bad beat by a fish?

thats quite a story there guy. almost as good as Rounders, let me get in touch with a movie studio for you. CHYEA RIGHT!!! Jim, ive lost hands a million times worse than that on a secondly basis. but in the end, PZ will still stack you. in conclusion, dont make topics about nothing man, you got stacked, just be glad it was only for a smal amount like some guy said before. case closed!!!

I think he's trying to make a point about a hand that he should have gotten away from, making a "big" laydown like Phil Helmuth would.It comes off as a bad beat story though.I think his posting techniques need work.

Let's get this straight. A. You started the hand behind. B. On the flop, you were behind.C. On the turn, you were behind.D. On the river, you were behind. E. You're complaining this is some sort of bad beat by a fish?
winner winner turkey dinner
I think he's trying to make a point about a hand that he should have gotten away from, making a "big" laydown like Phil Helmuth would.It comes off as a bad beat story though.I think his posting techniques need work.
Wow. Someone with a brain. I don't give shit about the money. I didn't feel like writing an essay on the entire hand. I was pointing out that I suck and don't have the ability to throw away a big hand. I didn't realize this forum was full of douchebags.
Wow. Someone with a brain. I don't give censored about the money. I didn't feel like writing an essay on the entire hand. I was pointing out that I suck and don't have the ability to throw away a big hand. I didn't realize this forum was full of douchebags.
You're playing LIMIT holdem. If you muck this hand you're a losing player.
not a bad beat..more of a cold deck...i guess thats what hes complaining about.
Wow. Someone with a brain. I don't give censored about the money. I didn't feel like writing an essay on the entire hand. I was pointing out that I suck and don't have the ability to throw away a big hand. I didn't realize this forum was full of douchebags.
wow. at first i thought the OP was joking around when he posted this thread. but once again i was dissapointed. your a moron. a huge fucking moron. go back to play chips.

i laid down queens at a B&M the other day (face-up) with all undercards. the other player showed aces. i stood up and joked "i can dodge bullets baby!" No one got it. plus i looked like a gloating tight/weak jerk.laying down big hands is overrated.go leafs

Jim, you said a mouthfull, but you need to calm your face down. your story was not good.
2-4 Limit Hold 'Em me : Ah-Kh Some guy who'd been chasing with bottom pair/gutshots all night: X-X Flop: A-A-8 I bet, he calls Turn: As-A-8s-4 I bet, he raises, I reraise, he caps it, I call. River: A-A-8-4-2 I check, he bets, I call with my last $3. The biggest fish at the table flips over 8-8 and I'm broke. Talk about demoralizing.
I can't dodge bullets either. Board of AA562 and my opponent had 43 and i had AQ. Guess i shouldn't slow play noobs, they like to catch their gutshots on the river.

Apparently none of you realize, when he said "I can dodge bullets"He said it because the other guy had ACES (aka bullets)... and it was also the play on words about actually dodging bullets.In this case, you couldn't dodge snowmen, which sounds pretty lame.

Apparently none of you realize, when he said "I can dodge bullets"He said it because the other guy had ACES (aka bullets)... and it was also the play on words about actually dodging bullets.In this case, you couldn't dodge snowmen, which sounds pretty lame.
Heeey..go figure. Suited is right. That's only about the one millionth time that's happened here in general.
apparently ron mexico lost a big pot vs 33 since he couldn't dodge crabs :-)
apparently ron mexico lost a big pot vs 33 since he couldn't dodge crabs :-)
haha that was pretty good.
he who plays 2 4 has no right to call anyone a fish.
Hey Newb. Just thought I'd let you know that the level that someone plays really has very little bearing on their ability as a poker player. Your bankroll and winrate tell me much more about your ability as a poker player. Contrary to your belief, not everyone who plays 2/4 is a fish. So, in summary...STFU.
he who plays 2 4 has no right to call anyone a fish.
Hey Newb. Just thought I'd let you know that the level that someone plays really has very little bearing on their ability as a poker player. Your bankroll and winrate tell me much more about your ability as a poker player. Contrary to your belief, not everyone who plays 2/4 is a fish. So, in summary...STFU.
cinci is right. not everyone who plays 2/4 is a fish...only the donkeys playing 2/4 limit.
who gives a shitt