John Juanda on DN

John comenting on FTP about DN today. With the Brodie comments and now John, looks like FTP is making an all out play on DN. What'd he do to tick them off?Heated Heavy (Observer): hey JJ when is dan negraneu comin to FTP?Dealer: John Juanda has 15 seconds left to actDealer: thehammer9 has 15 seconds left to actDealer: gbush2004 shows [Qs Qd] (a pair of Queens)Dealer: gbush2004 wins the pot ($25)Dealer: Hand #282046935sleepychief (Observer): hey john why limit hold emDealer: thehammer9 has 15 seconds left to actDealer: sauce87 wins the pot ($25)Dealer: Hand #282047806John Juanda: one day when he becomes better player, we ll invite him to joinDealer: John Juanda has 15 seconds left to actDealer: John Juanda shows two pair, Aces and JacksDealer: John Juanda wins the pot ($117) with two pair, Aces and Jacks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought john J and Danny N were friends.......he had to be kiddening........just so people like us would start talkin bout it
best new word ever
give him a break, he is from Lousiana. those people don't know how to spell

DN is never going to Full Tilt. He has beef with two of the owners, lederer and Fergeson. Lederer over DN's fight with annie, and Fergeson over his refusal to stop being know as " Jesus." FT is the last place DN would go.

Not to mention..."gamble AB"I never heard he had beef with fergesuon...he talked to him about using "Jesus" and signing autographs with it, things of that nature. It was in his blog i think...either way, it sounded like an adult discussion, and no one was angry at one another.

oops sorry bout that grinderMJ us louisiana guys arent to smart cause we all live in swamps and talk like the water boy......thanks for letting him konw teneight
everybody in louisiana is like the water boy. Remeber when they were shooting at the planes carrying hurricane relief packages.morons...
Its not stupid at all if you are a Christian.
it's stupid to judge someone to the point of disassociating with them just because they don't have your exact priorities. the nickname came about because of chris's look anyway. it's not like it's intentionally blasphemous. pretty anal on DN's part (if true - i doubt it is).

It's clear that Daniel has opted to be independent....consider poker mountain.I'm actually curious to see where he goes pokersite-wise. I don't think there is a lot of money-incentive there (in endorsing poker sites in general)--they probably pay tourney entries etc. as payment, and other piddling expenses---, so Daniel seems to want to take poker site endorsement to another level (consider Stacked) like he's done in every other aspect of his poker career. He's trying (fail or succeed) to take everything he does to another level... and in some ways I admire this.As for Juanda's comment, wasn't Daniel bankrolled by Juanda in large part before he hit big?...the days when he was relatively broke?haha, clearly, JJ was only joking...

It is because it shows an ignorance of the history of names amongst other things. Jesus was a much used name before the time of Christ and has been since, not entirely because of its use, as some believe, the actual son of God, or as others believe simply a wise man. (Or as still others believe, like myself, a potentially real historical figure but more likely an amalgamation of several historical figures.) Although not religious myself, for reasons I have researched and considered myself, it really irritates me when people do make a leap of faith and don't bother to research anything other than what they are told by a single religious advisor (priest/mullah/rabbi/imam/sheik/buhdda) like Jesus is and was before Christ a common male name.Also John Juanda, although not able to walk on water or dodge bullets was probably joking - why would he do anything but joke to some railbird?
it's stupid to judge someone to the point of disassociating with them just because they don't have your exact priorities. the nickname came about because of chris's look anyway. it's not like it's intentionally blasphemous. pretty anal on DN's part (if true - i doubt it is).
DN has actually said that he has a problem with it.It doesn't help that they have idealistic differences anyway, kinda like another top pro that DN is not fond of (Count Chocula)While I believe others thought of the nickname, the problem DN and others have is that Chris promotes himself as "Jesus". He knows that, based on his beliefs, this seems like a bit of a dig at an entire belief structure that many people have, leading to personal differences.It does seem a little mocking, IMO.