John Juanda on DN

Moderator,Please consider moving this thread to off-topic or some other appropriate place.Thank you.
This isn't strategy, so it shouldn't go there.This is about poker, so off topic isn't the place.If you have a better idea than General, I'm all ears.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's more about religion than poker, but I don't really care. Just trying to be helpful.Maybe you should create a "Pointless Threads" Forum and move it there.
Honestly guys, that's a decent idea. We have a lot of those to deal with, so why not stick them there for when people just want to mess around?
John comenting on FTP about DN today. With the Brodie comments and now John, looks like FTP is making an all out play on DN. What'd he do to tick them off?
I sense a wager was made regarding this thread. I'd bet money on it.
Dude, your killin my action. OK elkang got it, but I had to wait till midnight. Daniel has been talking about prop betting lately so I made up my own with a buddy. And with the new added moderators we played that in there too. Most of the long termers know that I am a gambler. and wouldn't post a stupid thread like this without a purpose, a purpose that was +EV for me! So here was the wager.$100 - for every response to my original post$50 - for every response telling me it was a joke/he was just kidding/they are friends or something along those lines$50 - for every response that had nothing to do with my original post.$25 - for every flame (only 2 of these qualified)-$200 if I got caught (thanks alot elkang lol)If the thread got moved with the new moderators in place than I owed my buddy the full amount I would have won if it stayed in place.I get/won $6950 total, thanks to all of you. and especially the moderators for not moving me. I should send you a kickback lol.All the Christian responses paid big, not to mention the Jesus responses, although he argued that the Jesus responses started with the whole DN doesn't like Jesus and Jesus being FTP, It was close, but Jesus was not part of my original post so I got it.That's over $700 and hour and you guys did the work. sweet.God Bless! and thanks again,Pokerloser
Its not stupid at all if you are a Christian.
I'm Christian and I think it's stupid. How can Chris help what other people call him ? I haven't heard that he is signing his checks "Jesus". My son's name is Brendan Patrick Siris. Most people try to shorten it to Brendan. Not his name, we correct people constantly, but what are you going to do ? I mean no disrespect to God, but Chris does have a similar appearance to how I was taught that Jesus looked. How my parents "know" what a man who lived 2000 years ago looked is a question for another day.If DN takes offense to Chris's nickname somehow, that is his perogative. Maybe that's what you think too Keyz.....and that's fine. Let's just not assume that all Christians would have a problem with it. My other's son's name is Joseph....after Jesus' earthly father. Would that be considered disrespectful ? Jesus is a common name in the Hispanic culture amoung Christians.
Guest Anonymous
Ummmm, yest it is.
I'm Catholic, and I don't see why.Jesus was a common first name at the time, and is still a common name in some places (including south america). If Joseph and Mary had decided to name their kid "John", would it be a taboo nickname now?Do you think Muslims are insulted everytime some gives themselves the nickname Mohamed?I realize Ferguson was given the nickname because of his resemblance to the common misconception of what Jesus looked like, but taking offense over something as silly as that is just looking for a reason to start a useless argument.
John comenting on FTP about DN today. With the Brodie comments and now John, looks like FTP is making an all out play on DN. What'd he do to tick them off?
Dude, your killin my action. OK elkang got it, but I had to wait till midnight. Daniel has been talking about prop betting lately so I made up my own with a buddy. And with the new added moderators we played that in there too. Most of the long termers know that I am a gambler. and wouldn't post a stupid thread like this without a purpose, a purpose that was +EV for me! So here was the wager.$100 - for every response to my original post$50 - for every response telling me it was a joke/he was just kidding/they are friends or something along those lines$50 - for every response that had nothing to do with my original post.$25 - for every flame (only 2 of these qualified)-$200 if I got caught (thanks alot elkang lol)If the thread got moved with the new moderators in place than I owed my buddy the full amount I would have won if it stayed in place.I get/won $6950 total, thanks to all of you. and especially the moderators for not moving me. I should send you a kickback lol.All the Christian responses paid big, not to mention the Jesus responses, although he argued that the Jesus responses started with the whole DN doesn't like Jesus and Jesus being FTP, It was close, but Jesus was not part of my original post so I got it.That's over $700 and hour and you guys did the work. sweet.God Bless! and thanks again,Pokerloser
I think I made you at least $550. Please deposit 10% ($55) to my favourite charity (Johnny Lately @ PStars or FT) lol
Are you f'ing serious. Who the hell did you get to take up this bet cause he has to be one of the biggest suckers around. He clearly took way the worst of it.

Oh goodness I seem to have censored some people off. I am just saying that I do not see DN's view of Chris as stupid. I respect any belief that anyone has. I don't think that there is much of an argument that Jesus ever existed as some seem to wonder, he is considered a prophet by the Muslims and the Jews knew him as a traiter. Furthermore, I am well aware that in hispanic culture there are many people named Jesus. If Dan asked Chris not to sign his name as Jesus, Chris said he would stop, and he did not, I dont see any reaspn for DN not to be down on Chris for that.

No, it's stupid an crowTrobot and I never agree on anything religious based but this one I will back him on- It's because the whole Jesus nickname is because supposedly Chris looks like Jesus- but, that's the errant Catholic based christian view of what Jesus looked like. For one thing, Jesus was not good looking, the scriptures say as much, and he was also of dark skin- considering the are where he lived/was born he would have had to have been. Also, biblically there is never anything said about anykind of moratorium on the name Jesus- it's O.K. to still use that name. ( See countless people of Spanish/Latin American origins. )
I can confirm that the American Revolution took place, that their were two World Wars, and all kinds of other events in history that I was not physically there to be a part of. This does imply that we can question the details of the things we are taught, but to say you don't believe something because you weren't there to see it is ridiculous.
There is overwhelmingly more evidence for World War II than there is for the existance of Christ. It's a matter of evidence, you see.
Wrong, and without even knowing a thing about you that statement tells me you know nothing of your subject.
I can confirm that the American Revolution took place, that their were two World Wars, and all kinds of other events in history that I was not physically there to be a part of. This does imply that we can question the details of the things we are taught, but to say you don't believe something because you weren't there to see it is ridiculous.
There is overwhelmingly more evidence for World War II than there is for the existance of Christ. It's a matter of evidence, you see.
Wrong, and without even knowing a thing about you that statement tells me you know nothing of your subject.
There is no primary source evidence for the existence of Christ. 100% Fact. There are millions of pieces of primary source evidence for WWII. 100% fact.Google "primary source evidence"
DN is never going to Full Tilt. He has beef with two of the owners, lederer and Fergeson. Lederer over DN's fight with annie, and Fergeson over his refusal to stop being know as " Jesus." FT is the last place DN would go.
Can you please elaborate? I am not aware of any such "fight".

All this actually relevant stuff about prop bets and decent $$ and these people just continue on with a meaningless debate. :roll: where are your priorities people?!?not sure if I should believe pokerloser... but considering he's won the most money on FCP via online forum betting ($15K btw), I've got to give it to him.Meanwhile, tell your friend he should by me a drink for saving him $200. Though my other antics (in other threads) were attempts at influencing a moderator action - and things have been going slow moderationwise (which I think is good for FCP and good for your prop bet).anyway, once AGAIN I offer a bet and get no takers and of course no money.

I can confirm that the American Revolution took place, that their were two World Wars, and all kinds of other events in history that I was not physically there to be a part of.  This does imply that we can question the details of the things we are taught, but to say you don't believe something because you weren't there to see it is ridiculous.
There is no primary source evidence for the existence of Christ. 100% Fact. There are millions of pieces of primary source evidence for WWII. 100% fact.Google "primary source evidence"
You're such a sucker. However, if making such goofy arguements makes you feel smart, then more power to you. Self-esteem is a problem these days in youngsters.
I can confirm that the American Revolution took place, that their were two World Wars, and all kinds of other events in history that I was not physically there to be a part of.  This does imply that we can question the details of the things we are taught, but to say you don't believe something because you weren't there to see it is ridiculous.
Are we not counting the bible as primary source evidence for the existence of Christ?
Are you saying that there is less evidence that World War II happened than there is that Jesus as depicted in the gospels existed?
DN is never going to Full Tilt. He has beef with two of the owners, lederer and Fergeson.  Lederer over DN's fight with annie, and Fergeson over his refusal to stop being know as " Jesus."  FT is the last place DN would go.
Can you please elaborate? I am not aware of any such "fight".
http://forums.cardplayer.com/viewtopic.php...30dd2d2c87f3a7d
Are we not counting the bible as primary source evidence for the existence of Christ?
Two things - 1. Well done to pokerloser on a nice score (still awaiting my 10% :club: 2. I said google "Primary source evidence" - If you think the Bible is primary source after having done that then I am at a loss for words.