biggest edge you've ever lost

I'm talking percentages here. What's the biggest % edge you've ever had that slipped away due to the cruel, cruel poker Gods? Mine occured last night:Me: 88Him: A7Flop: AQ8Turn: ARiver: QOn the flop I was 98.4% to 1.6% to take down this pot. Can anyone beat that?

I had this one hand in a private home game.Me: AA Him: 25 Flop: AA9 Turn: 4 River: Power went out, was clubbed on the head, woke up in an alley wearing only a thong and my shoes, and my butt hurt, alot.Not sure how to calculate the % on that one, can someone help me out?P.S. It wasn't my thong.

Sounds a lot like my hand from the wpt.Me: J10Him: A9Flop: AKQTurn: ARiver: KI don't know numbers though, you tell me what my % was.
Not sure what the suits were, but I'm getting you post flop as a favorite of 96.26% to 2.83%. About .91% you'd end up with a split pot.

Pocket Aces in the 3rd round of a B&M tournament. I move all in.One call from a beer impared opponent with 6-8 of clubs. :shock: 6 F*CKING 8 !!!!!!The flop rains clubs.ME GONE!I quit playing tournaments.Best.....

My worst mathematical beat. I called a raise from the button from an ubertight UTG player with KK.Flop was KK2. He checked, I bet, he moved in, I called.He turned over AA and hit the 979ish to one shot when running aces came. I lost a 12oo dollar pot once when I was all-in on a flop of AK2 with KK, and my opponent had KJ. I jinxed it by saying. "Running Queen/Ten anyone?'Sure enough.... that one hurt.Ice

6 8 of clubs is one of the best hands to take down pocket aces.
baaahah. here you go again u stupid idiot.should i just keep following your posts?gapped suited connectors are not. first off. suited connectors have a better chanceand last. AA is the best starting hand against AA

this is the single most painful beat ive ever seen, but it didnt happen to me, it happened to a friend in a game i was sitting in.we were playing 1/2 nl 250max buyin at a poker club on the upper west side of manhattan. 9 handed game, he's sitting on about 550 in chips in the 4th position. 2 limpers to him, he limps with A5dd, 1 more limper, button raises to 12, blinds fold, everyone calls.flop is Q84, all diamonds.he leads out at the pot for 30. the limper calls, the pfr calls and the EP limper c/r's to 100. my friend raises to 250, both players behind him fold and the ep guy pushes for another 100 on top.EP has KT of diamonds for the 2nd nuts.turn is a 9 of diamondsriver is a J of diamonds.my friend loses an 800+ pot in a 1/2 game to a runner runner straight flush.ive never seen that happen before and i suspsect i never will again.he was so in shock hde couldnt buy back in and we left.later that night the place was raided and everyone's money was confiscated, so i guess the EP guy got a bad beat too.

baaahah. here you go again u stupid idiot.should i just keep following your posts?gapped suited connectors are not. first off. suited connectors have a better chanceand last. AA is the best starting hand against AA
Royal, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. I'm taking my 6-8 soooooted against the aces preflop any day of the week. I don't have any decent reasoning behind this statement so i'm just going to use the word "statistically" as much as possible and throw in some random numbers.
Flopped a Set of Tens, running 9's on the turn and river to give me top boat and him quad 9's. Pretty much the same odds as hitting the 2 perfect outs that are left in the deck with 2 cards to be deault.
Kinda like Fischman's running Q Q to get quad Q's in the Young Guns of Poker on the WPT.Did anyone else feel like they just didn't give a sheet about the tourney? I know it was ONLY for a $25 k buy in, but still. It got a little more serious at the end, but I felt they were all just joking around like at our homegame when everyone is drunk off their azz.Hug it out,Snowmannn

This one time I was the final table of the WPT stop at bay 101.I had AK vs A7 on a K55 board. Danny Nguyen moved in and needed running 7's a 276:1 shot and hit them. I was eliminated shortly after.Okay it didn't happen to me, but to a friend of a friend :roll:

This one time I was the final table of the WPT stop at bay 101.I had AK vs A7 on a K55 board. Danny Nguyen moved in and needed running 7's a 276:1 shot and hit them. I was eliminated shortly after.Okay it didn't happen to me, but to a friend of a friend :roll:
Yeah that was the most amazing thing i ever saw

Ive been hit by a couple of 979 to 1 hands.An irritating hand that i can remember from yesterday that agitated mePLO8 $100AA23 DS Potted PFFlop A56 W/ flush draw Potted Turn K Got all my money in hereRiver offsuit 9 to give my opponent with no low draw the nut straight.Almost a 200 dollar ****ing pot.

Pff... you guys call those edges?? give me a breakI was playing in a full omaha ring game (live) and i hold K :club: 7 :D 2 :D 4 :) and the board was J :D 6 :) Q :) and i push all in, and get 1 caller. and he shows A :) 2 :) 8 :) 10 :) so i'm a 100% guarantee to win this hand after the flop. and i'm laughing, and the turn is the 4 :) and everyone erupts saying Ohhh. he hit the nut flush.and i'm like "guys guys, this is omaha". an dtheir like "ya exactly, his best 5 card hand is the A high flush". so my 100% advantage was taken away to 0% from the majority vote, then i realised i was playing with Jfarrell, akaconditioner, PRO_POKER101, KINGS, and Foxwoodspro.and then i woke up.. phew

Playing 30/60 on Live at the Bike a few months ago, I believe some people here saw this happen to me. I had T5 in the BB, new player posted behind the button with T3, nobody raised, so we saw the flop of QT5. He hit running 3's to win a very nice pot. I believe that is around 300:1.

I had this one hand in a private home game.Me: AA Him: 25 Flop: AA9 Turn: 4 River: Power went out, was clubbed on the head, woke up in an alley wearing only a thong and my shoes, and my butt hurt, alot.Not sure how to calculate the % on that one, can someone help me out?P.S. It wasn't my thong.
Ron_Mexico has been to your house, too?
Royal, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. I'm taking my 6-8 soooooted against the aces preflop any day of the week. I don't have any decent reasoning behind this statement so i'm just going to use the word "statistically" as much as possible and throw in some random numbers.
When I'm dealt Aces, and I know someone is betting in to me with 8 6 soooted, (I can just sense when they're that strong), I just fold pre-flop to avoid losing a potentially really big hand.

yesterday online, NL, we get our money in preflop. luckily i had this guy covered.me: AAhim: KKflop A-Q-xturn: 10river: Jseriously. you know how in cash games online the system just rifles the cards off then shows the hands down when you're all in? i knew i was going to lose when i saw the ace flop.i hate when my 7-2 offsuit gets cracked by aces!

Didn't happen to me, but I saw this one Sunday night while playing in a tourney on Full Tilt. I think the percentages were 99.8-0.02 on the flop.Pocket 2's vs. A5Flop: 2 2 ATurn: ARiver: AFlopped quads losing to running quads. Ouch.