• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have been so bored with playing sit and gos and LHE lately, I have decided to take a break and play 10k hands with this strategy just for kicks. So far: 688 hands (344 at 25 NL and 344 at 50 NL)25 NL= $3.48= 4BB/10050 NL= $119.30 20BB/100Fun when donkeys call your all-ins preflop for 100BB UTG with AJs.

Well I am glad to see many are having sucess with this. For those who aren't, you are on the other side of the variance coin then those winning. I havent won chit yet in 100 or so hands, in fact I am down (using the Mahatma add on if below max theory).I think a good place to try this is UB's no max buyin tables b/c the blinds ar so low, same could be said for some stacks there, but some guys go in to a .05/.10 no max table and buyin for their whole roll, 500$ plus buyins are normally.If anyone who loves and believes in this system, wants to stake me at a higher level then I am at right now ($25 tables), lemme know I am game :club::D :wink: :wink:
Uhh.. 100 hands? You seriously made a conclusion after 100 hands, or do you just want to get staked?
No I didnt make a conclusion, I was just sayin how others had done so. But I did make 5 bux (1/2 buy in) 2 tabling in just over an hour with NO cards or action at all. The AA and KK preflop allin doesnt seem to go over well at UB during the day.My idea of getting staked is yes I would love to play 100 or 200 nl w/ someone elses $$. Many people seem to believe in the system, so no matter what I think of it, if they believe in it and want to have me play for them why not? (so yes I wouldnt mind being staked).

First off, I would like to thank Smash for introducing me to the Smash Method. I have been using a variation of it for awile and it is definately profitable. However, I have a few questions that hopefully Smash or someone else could answer concerning it:1) Should I still abide by the 10x+ buy in at NL rule to play at a certain limit? It seems like you will be taking much less risks and much less variance compared to standard NL play. If not, would perhaps 5x buy in work w/ this method?2) Do you go all in w/ your set no matter how dangerous the flop is? If the flop is dangerous do you just treat it like you are drawing to a nut flush? Example: you have 99 flop is 9TJ or 3 to a suit flops. Do you still move all in? If you move all in w/ a set on a all suited board won't you only get called as a underdog drawing to a full house? I am assuming you treat these flops like you are drawing to a nut flush but I could be assuming wrong.

so in about an hour of 4 tabling, i've lost about 4 buy ins playing the system. AA three times has gotten cracked when i moved all in. All i can say is after losing playing this way, I'm more positive than ever that it works. People make terrible calls preflop. I'm gonna keep playin this way.Just one question for anyone who knows, what's cheap? do i call a 6 bb raise pf with A3 suited?

so in about an hour of 4 tabling, i've lost about 4 buy ins playing the system. AA three times has gotten cracked when i moved all in. All i can say is after losing playing this way, I'm more positive than ever that it works. People make terrible calls preflop. I'm gonna keep playin this way.Just one question for anyone who knows, what's cheap? do i call a 6 bb raise pf with A3 suited?
i wouldn't only because your ace could be a money card, and you don't want to call cheap bets with a pair of aces and a crap kicker

Just one question for anyone who knows, what's cheap? do i call a 6 bb raise pf with A3 suited?Depends. On stack sizes, how many other people call, etc. When in doubt, though, just fold.I've yet to see anyone get blinded out playing LL NL because they fold too much.

Question.Since the main strategy of this system is to conserve chips and push your big advantages...do you fold your SB if it's not one of the premium hands in an unraised pot? And if not - say you have 7 4 offsuit and the flop comes 7 7 K, do you push then (with trips and not a set)?

I've yet to see anyone get blinded out playing LL NL because they fold too much.
To anyone still argueing this strategy, this is a key point. The blinds are so low relative to your buy in that you can just sit back and wait. The callers are so loose that you will double up way before you get blinded off.
Set=pp +1 on boardTrips= 1 in hand and 2 on boardThere is a difference
There actually is no difference, set = trips = 3 of a kind.nice try though
Set = Pocket pair with one on the board.Trips = 1 in the hand, 2 on the board.As defined in SSHE.

There actually is no difference, set = trips = 3 of a kind. No.A set is a PP that hits the board.People use the term "set" to describe "trips" but it's not the original connotation. Usage may dictate that it's understood today to just mean "trips", but it's still wrong./shrug.

So I had 15 minutes to kill before dinner...I fired up three .50/1.00 tables at Bodog w/ $50 each - so a total of $150 invested.End result...Table 1: $89.50Table 2: $36.50Table 3: $99.00Total: $ 225.00Net Profit: $75.00Obviously, this has no statistical merit, but it was fun as hell...Note A: You have to multi-table w/ this cuz it's pretty boring.Note B: One nice thing about it is that you don't have to think.Note C: Be prepared to fold a lot and to not get your all-ins called very frequently.COMMENT: My favorite moment so far is getting A,A utg and I went all in pre-flop. It folded to the bb who called w/ 5,5. Oopsy! I thoroughly enjoyed to dialogue from my victim.Suprisingly there was another FCP'er at the table - "CheckWat" - We had fun talking in code about Smashes theory and my experiment. It was quite fun! :club: Coop

Okay fellas, my two cents on this. I was reading this thread all day while I was at work, and had to give it a try. It is very boring, but the first time I got aces I pushed and was called by AQ, he flopped a straight, but it ended up being chopped. I couldn't believe that I would be called, but I was, so I think this could work. Haven't hit any flushes or sets yet, but with the way these tables are, I can see myself getting called.

Bored tonight, so thought I'd give the NL strat a try.Here are three consecutive hands I was allowed to play by Smash's guidelines.Also, this might not be the best table for this, since there are a number of people with less than $25.Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converterMP3 ($0)CO ($18.57)Button ($14.62)SB ($6.07)BB ($5)UTG ($11.98)UTG+1 ($5.75)econ_tim ($24.65)MP2 ($102.64)Preflop: econ_tim is MP1 with [Kc], [Ac]. SB posts a blind of $0.10. UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 raises to $0.75.Flop: ($2.10) [Js], [9d], [9h] (3 players)UTG+1 bets $2, econ_tim folds.Final Pot: $4.10Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) converterMP2 ($18.57)CO ($14.62)Button ($5.97)SB ($5)BB ($11.73)UTG ($7)econ_tim ($23.90)MP1 ($102.64)Preflop: econ_tim is UTG+1 with [7h], [7d]. SB posts a blind of $0.10. 1 fold, BB checks.Flop: ($1.10) [Jc], [Kd], [9h] (4 players)BB checks, econ_tim checks, MP1 bets $1.1, Button folds, BB folds, econ_tim folds.Final Pot: $2.20Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) converterMP1 ($18.57)MP2 ($14.62)CO ($5.72)Button ($4.90)SB ($11.48)BB ($7)econ_tim ($23.65)UTG+1 ($103.49)Preflop: econ_tim is UTG with [4c], [4d]. SB posts a blind of $0.10. econ_tim calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 1 fold, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.Flop: ($1.25) [As], [Kh], [3s] (5 players)SB checks, BB checks, econ_tim checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets $1.25, SB folds, BB folds, econ_tim folds, UTG+1 folds.Final Pot: $2.50So far I'm still bored. Limit is much more interesting.

This is hilarious, actually just got aces again, and had someone move in in front of me with kings, so I doulbed up. I hope I didn't run into another FCP'er out there.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) converterButton ($4.70)SB ($2.55)Hero ($18.05)UTG ($2.25)UTG+1 ($10.10)MP1 ($9.75)MP2 ($9.50)MP3 ($3.35)CO ($4)Preflop: Hero is BB with [Ah], [4h]. CO posts a blind of $0.10. 1 fold, SB completes, Hero checks.Flop: ($0.50) [5h], [3c], [7h] (5 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.Turn: ($0.50) [Kd] (5 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $0.5, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50, MP3 folds.River: ($2) [Jh] (3 players)Hero bets $17.45 (All-In), UTG+1 calls $9.50 (All-In), CO folds.Final Pot: $28.95Results in white below: Hero has Ah 4h (flush, ace high). UTG+1 has 5s 7s (two pair, sevens and fives). Outcome: Hero wins $28.95. In conclusion...it's long stretches of boredom, followed by moments of sheer hilarity.

tim, you realize taht you are playing PLHE and not NLHE, there's a major difference cause the strategy is specifically for NL
shit!I didn't even noticeI'm playing two tables, and that one was beneath the other one :oops: I'll get up from that one and switch to another NL table.In other news, I just pushed with KK preflop and won $0.35.

I'm surprised there are so many questions about this. I really only play limit, but i think i might have to try this. Sounds like a pretty good system though. Some people mentioned that good players will pick up on this very quickly, but there really is no guarantee of this. Until they see you get called with the set on an uncoordinated board several times they will be none the wiser to what you play. They can see that you are playing tight, but as to what you are making plays with they will very rarely see. That aside, the turnover rate on ll nl is really ridiculous. Seems like you could play so many tables at once with this strat too, that's actually my favorite thing about it. Reads don't matter, just the number of hands you can see, more the better. Smash do you have a multiple computers set up next to eachother to play the max. tables at multiple sites? Just seems like the obvious thing to do with this strat. Sounds like a great concept to me though, i know how bad most nl players are.