I think this has been talked about before, but what music, if any, do you listen to while you play, or what music do you like to listen to before you play because it calms you down/excites you/etc?

i listen to radiohead a lot when i play. also some stp, pearl jam, mars volta, and various jazz stuff. i dont think rap is good to listen to while you play cause you listen to the lyrics too much, and that is distracting. so i usually go for rock and jazz.

Rise against, Slipknot, TI, Trick Daddy, Caroline's Spine, and Avril Lavigne are all in my Limewire.
You've got to be kidding me???? I think you are maybe the 1st person outside of Oklahoma who's ever even heard of Caroline's Spine. I have a friend who plays in a hard rock band (Ritual - yeah you've never heard of them but they're really good) and they've done some shows with Caroline's Spine.Cool.
Rise against, Slipknot, TI, Trick Daddy, Caroline's Spine, and Avril Lavigne are all in my Limewire.
You've got to be kidding me???? I think you are maybe the 1st person outside of Oklahoma who's ever even heard of Caroline's Spine. I have a friend who plays in a hard rock band (Ritual - yeah you've never heard of them but they're really good) and they've done some shows with Caroline's Spine.Cool.
Mrs. Sullivan is played quite often up here. I love Caroline's Spine. The Work Song made me smile.
insane clown posse, amy grant
In the Iceman's very candid and honest opinion, this is probably a top five post, in the history of all things past, present, or future. Of all time. Like, ever.MegaDeath. Luther Vandross.Ice
insane clown posse, amy grant
MegaDeath. Luther Vandross.
Ok, it's getting old.But I can't help myself.Lamb of God, Ryan Cabrera

T.I., Lucerin Blue, Sum 41, Linkin Park.I usually listen to music for only the first 10 minutes or so, then on breaks.If I listen too long, I get distracted by the music.

Depends on the mood.... I enjoy...Pink Floyd - AnimalsRush - Hemispheres or Moving PicturesAny Zeppelin....Bauhaus - In the flat field
I barfed in my lap.KDawg? You in here? KDawg?? Ice
Depends on the mood.... I enjoy...Pink Floyd - AnimalsRush - Hemispheres or Moving PicturesAny Zeppelin....Bauhaus - In the flat field
I will let the post speak for itself. We all know my feelings :club:
I will let the post speak for itself. We all know my feelings :club:
We all know you are not a Rush fan but there are some people who enjoy there music....Neil Peart is an incredible drummer.

usually the stones or the whoone weird thing i found is that on the rare occasion i listened to journey, eagles, etc. i would actually go on tilt easier cause whenever i got sucked out on i would be like "wtf are these people [the band] so happy about, stfu already," and rip my head phones off :?