criticism or advice welcome

I'm playing in a $200 buy in MTT at the Hard Rock and blinds are $500 $1000. I have around $7000. Probably the second shortest stack at the table (next to Jason Taylor of the Dolphins, who is sitting on my left, super nice guy by the way) I'm the button. Guy on my right raises to $2500 and I call with a KQ off, the button decides to call for the extra $1500 getting a little under 4.5 to 1 on his money with no active players behind him. (a little history on me, last week I had pocket 8's and raised 3 times the big blind pre flop and got one caller and the big blind called me and eventually busted me when I went all in on board of 3 2 2 because he called the raise with a k 2 with the same situation) Anyway, flop come A Q K, I pushed for my last $4500 with my bottom two pair, he flips A Q. Seems obvious after the fact that anyone who would call a sizeable raise would have A K or A Q, but last week was still in my head. And people were playing A rags all day. How horrible was my play? Keep in mind, my M was under 5. The whole ride home I was arguing with myself that I shoulda known he had AK or AQ or did he make the call based on pot odds with A rag or a middle pocket pair. Was this a toss up or a major blunder? Yeah, I know, no paragraph structure.

i would have been all in preflop. after the flop u really had no choice
My thoughts... I wouldn't have CALLED off more than 1/3 of my chips pre-flop with KQ. MAYBE pushed all in, but you can't just call there in a tournament that ( im only assuming ) has short levels.

An added side note, and I realize everyone complains about no cards but I got nothing above an A9 offsuit and junk rags all day. My biggest pot came when I was on the big blind with a 3 2 of spades and got a flush on the river and my opponed caught trip kings. Everything else was a complete grind. Stealing blinds and firing away with nothing. Last nigh playing $5 $10 I got a lifetime worth of hands in 4 hours. Aces twice, Queens twice, all but one pocket pair setted and full boated up. I guess I used up all my cards for the weekend because the tourney wasn't givin me nuttin. Thats poker baby.I did have pocket kings and made a big raise but got called by a donkey with A 6 off and he spiked his ace. Poker sucks sometimes. But other times its great

half hour levels. We were three hours in. We skipped 400 800 and went right to 500 1000. All good advice. Keep it coming. I thought about all in preflop but I wasn't first in.

What was your read on the raiser ? How big was raisers stack ?On the face of it...500-1000 blinds, 2500 raise....4000 pot facing a 2500 bet with KQ on a 7000 stack. If I give the raiser credit for a hand...I fold.If I thinks it's a move...I raise all in to shut out blinds.Tough spot...but calling was probably the worst option. After the flop you were going broke no matter what...that's poker.

half hour levels. We were three hours in. We skipped 400 800 and went right to 500 1000. All good advice. Keep it coming. I though about all in preflop but I wasn't first in.
Thats the point. Raising 7x teh BB all in with no action before you is alot better with KQ than calling 1/3 of your stack with it AFTER a raise.

original raises checked post flop. Probably had a middle pair and didn't like the flop. Should reraised all in preflop but I was a little snakebitten. The best hand I saw all day, pocket kings I went all in with and a shorter stack called, not a math call either, just a donkey call with A 6 and he spiked his A one the flop. I played timid because I had no ace with the KQ. Stupid I know.

First serious post by the ron..Honestly, push or fold. The thing is that you still have a lot of hands to see now that you're on the button so you don't *HAVE* to push even though your M is around 5. As well, with someone raising before you and with people still to act after you, it would might be better to fold, depending on the style of the guy who raised. It is kind of like the sandwich effect I suppose.. pushing at this moment cannot be blamed either though, if you are desperate.

KQ : If you're not first in with the raise then you're asking to get busted. Calling raises w/ KQ is not a good NL policy, unless you are forced to play because of a close ratio between the blind size and your stack size.I don't think it's a very good hand to reraise with either, you should have folded preflop here.

i think folding preflop was the best option with pushing a close close second. but then i havent got the same feel for the players cuz i wasnt there, and then of course postflop u had no choice. calling that many of ur chips pf was a strange choice, if im the raiser im thinking u might have aces in that spot to flatcall there.

I would of folded for many reasons:1. You have a raiser behind you. K-Q is o.k to raise with on the button, but questionable to call with, even when you are shorted stacked.2. While you are short-stacked, you have the option of playing a few hands before the blinds come around. If you are in the small or big blind in the situation you described, I would consider going all-in.3. The possibility that the shortest stack at the table would bust soon because he is to your left, and the blinds are coming around to him before you.4. How much does the guy on your left has, and what hands has he showed down today, not the previous session? If he is has a good amount of chips, I don't think he would be bluffing into the button and blinds. If he was low on chips, this might be a suspect play. (This is my theory, you may shred it as much as you want)5. I see no problem with you play after the flop, you made a great hand, and he made a better one.

i agree with whoever said folding is best, followed closely by pushing, and standing in the back of the room hanging out with the kid who still wets himself is calling.

If you were gonna pay u shouldve pushed but it wouldnt have changed anything AQ will still call. I always pay attention to how big the stacks are behind me if Im gonna push. If they are big I make sure to at least have A high or a pair before I push because rarely does anything less call you unless you have almost no chips. I would probably push for value with this hand in a multiway limped pot. You had no choice after the flop though, You had to push. Folding preflop is probably the best play, pushing a close 2nd.

On the face of it...500-1000 blinds, 2500 raise....4000 pot facing a 2500 bet with KQ on a 7000 stack. If I give the raiser credit for a hand...I fold.If I thinks it's a move...I raise all in to shut out blinds.Tough spot...but calling was probably the worst option. After the flop you were going broke no matter what...that's poker.
My thoughts exactly. Push with a hand like that is it's folded to you. Fear domination with a raiser. I'd sooner call with 89s

In that precise situation...I can only see CALLING with AA and KK hoping to get action since I am short stacked.....With AK, AQ and any pair.....Heavily lean toward pushing.....I would rather be first with KQ than second in that spot....What you did (Calling) was probably the worst thing you could have done...In that spot...I probably fold....although you were definately on life support and close to jamming any ace after that hand....

Calling preflop was a big mistake. When you are that short staked, raise or fold. With someone opening the pot, if I give them any credit, I would have folded with your short stack. If it got passed around to me, I might have moved in. Post flop you have no choice, if he had AJ A10 or any medium pair you were golden.