how much of himself did mike matasow own???

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont get it...mike won his seat on stars....why would he sell that much of himself.Don't play many tournaments, huh?If Juanda, Daniel, Ivey and two other pros offered you 10% in exchange for 10% of you, do you think it's a good idea or a bad idea for your bankroll to sell half of yourself?admittingly, no i dont play many tournaments, i guess i see your point...so youre saying mike owned less than 50% of himself ??...i hope the number isn't that high...Risk mitigation in a high risk enviorment.
None of you have any clue how much he owns. Don't say things.
Amen. It's so frusterating how people say stuff they have no idea about in these forums.If I had to guess: I'd say he owned a very large percentage of himself. Contrary to popular belief, the guy isn't a bum druggie who's being staked by friends. He can play - and he has a pretty respectable self-sustaining bankroll. I'd guess he had 90% of himself - and just money-swapped 10% away to friends. But again, this is just an educated guess.
If you don't have the source then it's all censored to us.Right. Because your credibility is greater on this board than mine is.Hahaha.Man, I'm great.Let me know about the $50.
Smash. I'm really just totally curious. I have been pulling my hair out all morning. I'll pay you 5 dollars if you PM me your source, and I promise to keep it between the two of us. Man's agreement. Even though I'm part British.Ice

I don't doubt that Smash saw or heard this info somewhere.I didn't find any info online that said Matusow sold 50%.However, is it possible that this info is "widely reposted" in around Vegas?

i dont get it...mike won his seat on stars....why would he sell that much of himself.Don't play many tournaments, huh?If Juanda, Daniel, Ivey and two other pros offered you 10% in exchange for 10% of you, do you think it's a good idea or a bad idea for your bankroll to sell half of yourself?Risk mitigation in a high risk enviorment.
Either you sell insurance or you just got done reading dictionary.com. Which one is it? Although you use of the work is correct I'm sure you're over selling the thought process of many poker professionals. These guys are gamblers...Risk mitigation also means less of a profit margin.The most important component of driving down the cost of risk for an organization is a strategically designed risk mitigation program that proactively targets core cost drivers. Risk mitigation encompasses loss prevention, loss control, and claims management. Structured effectively, a risk mitigation program will prevent losses and reduce the cost of losses that do occur while creating a safer environment for your employees, your business partners, and the communities in which you operate.
Anyone remember that episode of Curb your Enthusiasm where Larry goes to a doctor in a locker room and asks him medical questions? The doctor says "what do you do?" "I'm a writer""Why don't you write some shit for me, for no money"
Damn best sitcom EVER
Amen. It's so frusterating how people say stuff they have no idea about in these forums.Couldn't agree more.
If you couldn't agree more then why are you saying Matusow sold 50% of himself.
Amen. It's so frusterating how people say stuff they have no idea about in these forums.Couldn't agree more.
If you couldn't agree more then why are you saying Matusow sold 50% of himself.
I would be pretty sure he wouldn't "sell" any of himself, but very well could've swapped 50% or more of his own action with other pros. In a field that large, it was definately worth it to spread out your investment.Of course hindsight is 20/20....
Anyone remember that episode of Curb your Enthusiasm where Larry goes to a doctor in a locker room and asks him medical questions? The doctor says "what do you do?" "I'm a writer""Why don't you write some shit for me, for no money"
probably one of the funniest shows out there
He used to demolish the cash games in VegasHi.Could you provide any sort of documentation for this *at all*?Someone who played with him or whatever would be fine.Or did you just glean it from watching "High Roller"Thanks.Ignorance is a terrible thing, isn't it?
Go for it.www.google.com
So that's a no then?You jsut made it up huh?So ironic, and yet so censored FUNNY!:club:
Douche.

Most of you guys are idiots with no clue. Smash is correct. I was there and have an eyewitness saying that Matusow paid up shortly after cashing. It seemed to be pretty widely known amongst the players as of this morning.Sorry, but that information shouldn't be out there with all the random internet crap. I'm personally sick to my stomach of all the anti-Matusow chatter the past few days and don't want to see more on FCP.If the stakers want to come forward they can. And I will talk with them when I return to Vegas on Monday. Otherwise, I'm not talking - as there is no benefit to doing so.

Most of you guys are idiots with no clue. Smash is correct. I was there and have an eyewitness saying that Matusow paid up shortly after cashing. It seemed to be pretty widely known amongst the players as of this morning.Sorry, but that information shouldn't be out there with all the random internet crap. I'm personally sick to my stomach of all the anti-Matusow chatter the past few days and don't want to see more on FCP.If the stakers want to come forward they can. And I will talk with them when I return to Vegas on Monday. Otherwise, I'm not talking - as there is no benefit to doing so.
Damn...I was actually right

NOW HE CAN BUY TONS OF CRACK!!!I'm so sick of stuipd posts like this and about him in prison and random homosexual comments. Seriously people need to shut up so bad... It just pains me...

Okay, I'll just take that as you made it up.Want to put $50 on it?Then I'll be motivated to spoon feed you things. Let me know, moron.
Just take the bet giantfan01.Smash is a quite a nice guy.He knows much of what he's talking about.He's quite good at many things.
Smash is the talk of the forum
Wow, when did everyone start warming up to Smash around here?
Wow, when did everyone start warming up to Smash around here?
There's a lot of us around now that only found FCP maybe a thousand smashposts ago. We've repeatedly seen him (her?) present logic and credibility in arguments with ignorant asshats who hate him(her?) for being so darned right all the time. Whatever Smash did before that to earn the troublemaker image we've not seen, nor do I for one especially care.Maybe this sounds like forum fellatio (cunnilingus?), but -ahem- SMASHAROO IS MY HERO(ine?)If I'm wrong about the feminine, i apologize, but I gotta wonder about a cat-obsessed romance novelist :wink: Mensch
He used to demolish the cash games in VegasHi.Could you provide any sort of documentation for this *at all*?Someone who played with him or whatever would be fine.Or did you just glean it from watching "High Roller"Thanks.Ignorance is a terrible thing, isn't it?
Go for it.www.google.com
So that's a no then?You jsut made it up huh?So ironic, and yet so censored FUNNY!:club:
Douche.
I love how smash is so quick to respond to everything on this forum, but when I show him looking like an idiot he's nowhere to be found....
Go for it.www.google.com
Douche.
I love how smash is so quick to respond to everything on this forum, but when I show him looking like an idiot he's nowhere to be found....
He's probably doing what every normal fcp poster is doing on a saturday night... Hmmmmmm.Cue Cat Stevens "Another Saturday Night".