why haven't you read SSHE yet?

For the last couple of weeks I've been in a huge downswing at the 5/10 table (over 200 BB), so much so that I've had to drop back down to the 3/6 tables to build back my BR. So this weekend I picked up Small Stakes Hold Em to try to improve my post-flop play. I always hear about it on this forum, but I couldn't believe how incredibly useful this book was once I read it. I now realize just how horribly I've been playing post-flop. I've also been raking in huge pots with A-x suited, a hand I never used to play. I was up $450 this weekend, not bad at all for 3-tabling at 3/6 for about 5 hours.I know I sound like a bad infomercial, but I'm sure that there's still a few people on this forum that haven't read this book yet. Get off your ass and shell out the $25 for this book.

I haven't read it because I play mostly NL right now. Once I begin to get serious about limit, I will probably read SSHE. RIght now, I just have no reason to read it.

RIght now, I just have no reason to read it.So wrong and so unaware of it.Ignorance, bliss, etc.
OK smash, I'm ignorant for not buying and reading a book I have no use for. How would you like to buy a book teaching you to golf if you never planned to golf in your life. It's just wasted money for me right now as I play limit maybe 1 hour a week waiting for tables to open.
I now realize just how horribly I've been playing post-flop.I bet you thought you were playing great before.Funny how that works.
Actually, I knew that my play wasn't optimal, but I had been steadily winning. When I started my downswing, I figured I could play through it. But after 2 weeks of losing, I needed to fix the holes in my game.I'm always willing to admit that my play isn't perfect, and I'll have to read through the book again to get down some of the concepts. I'm definitely glad that my downswing seems to be over.
RIght now, I just have no reason to read it.So wrong and so unaware of it.Ignorance, bliss, etc.
OK smash, I'm ignorant for not buying and reading a book I have no use for.
No, you're ignorant for not realizing how useful the book is to NL players. Poker is poker, buddy. The math doesnt change.

Actually, I knew that my play wasn't optimal, but I had been steadily winning. When I started my downswing, I figured I could play through it. But after 2 weeks of losing, I needed to fix the holes in my game. I'm always willing to admit that my play isn't perfect, and I'll have to read through the book again to get down some of the concepts. I'm definitely glad that my downswing seems to be over.Someone who wants to improve their game, and actually willIMPROVING GAME = $$$OK smash, I'm ignorant for not buying and reading a book I have no use for. How would you like to buy a book teaching you to golf if you never planned to golf in your life. It's just wasted money for me right now as I play limit maybe 1 hour a week waiting for tables to open.As stated above, the math never changes. EXTREMELY helpful book for NLHE. I used to totally think these limit guys had nothing to offer my NL game. After months of flaming/disagreeing with them on this forum and after going broke 5 times, I finally sat back and listened. I was profitable playing like a fish at times, and everytime I lost it was a bad beat(sw). What I learned from my experience was how important aggression is, but also how to bust a BR in an hour. I would read it Zimmer! Great read, and if you apply it to your game, regardless or NLHE or LHE, it will help. These guys that you are disagreeing with are consistently profitable, are you?Edit: Your golf book analogy sucks and shows how ignorant you are. Just stop and listen for a minute instead of getting worked up. STOP. . . . PAUSE. . . . . . try to absorb some of this, they really are trying to help.

Listen to Smash. Treat him like you would Pai Mei from Kill Bill. Except he 'll just say you're stupid without the threats of death.SSHE is a required book for all serious hold 'em players. It's in my canon.

This book is the bible of txhe poker in my humble opinion.I wish I had bought it first instead of reading 8 other books of which only harrington on holdem is worth it for nl. sshe=good for all txhe poker( best book i've read)hoh= only no limitBuy those 2 books if you really want to improve your game...its like a lightbulb going off inside your head every twenty minutes.

OK smash, I'm ignorant for not buying and reading a book I have no use for. How would you like to buy a book teaching you to golf if you never planned to golf in your life. It's just wasted money for me right now as I play limit maybe 1 hour a week waiting for tables to open.
It is useful for limit or no limit, because it will give a true sense of the value of your hand in terms of outs, pot odds, implied odds and position

How does Small Stakes HE compare to Winning Low Limit HE? I got WLLHE about a week ago and read through it once and picked up a few things, but mostly it just clarified a lot of things I had learned from reading forums and playing lots and lots of hands.

SSHE is the most important book to a poker player ever written, dont say shit about nl and you don't need it, only reason you wouldn't need it is you are a fish who doesnt want to get better at poker.

For the last couple of weeks I've been in a huge downswing at the 5/10 table (over 200 BB)
200bb in a couple of weeks? Loose it in 2 nights and then try to play... I'm still crying from that...But yeah it sounds like you're just leaking post-flop so work on it, until then I can tell you where I am playing...
For the last couple of weeks I've been in a huge downswing at the 5/10 table (over 200 BB)
200bb in a couple of weeks? Loose it in 2 nights and then try to play... I'm still crying from that...
no, you're still crying from when you walked in on me and your sister having relations