great plays people have done

Just wondering about any great plays people have made, good river bluffs, etc. Yesterday 9 person sng on full tilt 5 left i believe. Unfortunately Full Tilt doesn't have downloadable hand histories so I will have to guestimate.My chip stack was above average but not a huge stack. Blinds at 100/200. UTG person raises the min, I have 107 suited so of course I call. SB moves all in with for 440. The next guy cant reraise because SB is all in so I call the 40 more. Flop is A75 rainbow. Original Raiser checks, I check behind him thinking he just wants to check it down and bust someone. Turn is 9 and he bets 500 and I call. River is Q. He checks, i bet 1000 at the side pot. He lays down KK saying "he'll get me next time" and then the all in player cant beat 7's so I scoop it all. Since I was forced to show my hand I get an immediate response of SHIT. Went on too win the tournament pretty easily.Anyone else make some good plays that just had their opponents in shock? Of course they might not have seen the cards.

Guy raises under the gun 4x BB, folds around to me 1 off the button, I look down and see...K3 SUITED! I went into the tank and finally made the greatest laydown in history. Man, what a laydown...

best for me. Raised (river bluffed) a guy off a King high heart flush for a $380 pot. He had a pair of K's from flop. I put him on the hand.he says "I know you got the ace" I said "yeah I got an ace." then show. I was a BLACK Ace-Rag high. talk about tilt.....35 mins or so later I take another couple hundred from him when he calls down my quads with..... you got it, a king flush.

5 players left in a 6-man tourney homegame. i am in first position with K3 off. i still didnt know about the krablar, but i have had somewhat of a history with K3 off, and i figured i should put in a raise. which I did, i tripled the blinds. everyone folded over to the small blind, someone who i had never really played with. he called me rather quickly, smiling. we went to the flop.995 rainbow. he led out at me for like 400. the blinds were 75-150 so there was like what, 1050 in the pot, he bet 400, i hesitated a moment and just called. turn was an offsuit jack. he quickly bet like 1500. i called this time, even quicker than before. (by the way, we start with 10k in chips, I started the hand with like 8k and he had about 15k.)river was a 4. he bet 5k (a green chip) which was enough to put me all in. i now went into the tank, while he was having a startlingly fast-paced conversation with the player to his left. i thought for about 3 minutes and finally called off all my chips. "you won," he said, to which i still wasn't sure. he flipped up queen high. i just shrugged and said, king high. and everyone at the table was like "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!"i just live for those moments. too bad i busted 2 hands later.

Im assuming most of u know what a gay bet is. If you don't it is when a player bets into the prior betting rounds raiser. You know the guy is gay betting when a card comes off couldnt possibly have helped him. Its great when u raise with the nutz on the flop and they bet into you on the next street thinking you're on a free card play. Anyway the play I made was really horrible in retrospect but was such a good feeling afterwards that it was worth it, because my confidence was incredible the rest of the session.Anyway: Im on the button with A8s. Folded to me I raise. only bb calls (chronic gay-better)Flop2(s) 7(s) 9(h)BB gay bets, I raise he calls.Turn4 (d)bb gay bets, I raise he calls.River 4 (h)BB gaybets, I raise, bb folds. I show him the hand and proceeds to steam off the rest of his chips to me and others shortly. P.S. I realize the ludicrousness of this play and understand that it could not possibly be +ev, but I have such a distaste for the gaybet, especially playing small stakes online that I finally lost it and tried a fancy river play that wouldnt work out 9 times in ten(His fold was horrible unless he had nothing), which might have been the case, but the fact that my read was good and his subsequent steaming made the bluff worth it.

once in a stud game i bluffed a guy with nothing but ace high, but 4 spades showing. i was betting and raising the whole hand, and he was showing three aces. he checks to me on the river and i bet, and he mucks. i mucked too, no need to embarass. all i said was "nice laydown". he woulda re-raised me for sure with a boat but he must have had just the three aces and believed i had a 5th spade.another time in a holdem game i held 4-4. i raised preflop and got 2 callers.the flop comes A K 9 and everyone checks around. the turn comes 8 and my friend goes all in. this seems like an easy laydown but i thought for a minute and called. he flips up Q-10 and i bust him.The best play i feel i ever made came in a $200 buyin at the trop. I get Q2 in the BB when we're down to three, and everyone limps. i check. I flop a deuce and one guy bets, i think he has absolutely nothing. I had such confidence in my read i [/b]trapped him with my deuces. he goes all in on the river and i call in a heartbeat with my Q2, he shows A7 for ace high and a busted straight. i bust him and win the tournament 5 hands later with A-8 after K 8 8 Flop, my opponent held KQ.

Greatest live play I have ever seen...WSOP event#2 ($1500).4th level, blinds at 100/200. Cut-off raises 3x blind, BB calls.Flop is Q58 with 2 diamonds. Co bets half the pot, BB calls. Turn is a diamond. Co bets, BB calls. River is another Q. Co goes all in, BB very confidently calls, turns over 53 off and takes it down... (Co had AJ) I was shocked, and asked him how he made that call. He said: "He just looked like he was bluffing, whenever he had a hand he was more excited...not that time".I hope I can develop mypeople reding skillz that far...

congrats on that win anthony, ive cashed in that tourn and the 100$ tourn up there at the trop.u must know bill tomasini and some of those guys that play there alot. Bill has made top 3 3 times when i played , and they say he cashes alot. let me know next time ur gonna play in it, maybe ill come up. i like the gold chip too thats the 5k if i remember right. i havent been fortunate enough to get a big stack at the final table there yet. my worst play there ever came on the bubble. 2 tables it was hand for hand w blinds of 5 and 10k. i was 2nd in chips with about 85k the chipleader at my table had about 140k and was raising every single time. everyone but us was extremely short 30k or less. he raised mt big blind the minimum i had KQh. for some stupid reason i flatcalled there, instead of moving in or folding. i figured if i missed the flop id just fold to his continuation bet.well the flop came Q 9 5 rainbow and i decided to chck rse all in. sure enough he bet the minimum and i moved in. he called instantly with 9 5. turn was a5 river a J. and all of a sudden everyone loves me. ive busted myself on the bubble against the only guy at my table who can bust me. it was a long ride home. ive beat myself to death over that play, i think its the worst tourn play ive ever made.

Pocket Tens on the button with 2 people left in a tourney, I raised it acting first, the SB came waaayyy over the top of me, and I called, thinking I had him dominated because he had pocket 7s-9s. Flop comes 9-8-rag, he pushes, and I make the laydown(putting him on a set), and go on to win it. He told me later he hit his set.

I call a 5x the BB raise w/ A,3 offsuit. You ain't gonna bluff me off a hand when I have 2 cards. Flop is A,A,A and I cleverly check.....he sets me allin w/ Q,Q. You can't bluff me off a hand Buddy! Needless to say, I ate at Denny's that night!

Ever just have a stone-cold dead read on an absolutely maniacal fish that FINALLY pays off?PokerStars Game #1893969760: Hold'em Limit ($1/$2) - 2005/06/13 - 21:14:06 (ET) Table 'Merga IV' Seat #1 is the button Seat 1: HERO ($67.25 in chips) Seat 2: tricon3 ($24.50 in chips) Seat 3: spitballs ($133.50 in chips) Seat 4: Diesel D ($13 in chips) Seat 5: heyrocker ($107.50 in chips) tricon3: posts small blind $0.50 spitballs: posts big blind $1 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to HERO [5d Ad] Diesel D: folds heyrocker: folds HERO: raises $1 to $2 tricon3: folds spitballs: calls $1 *** FLOP *** [3d 9h 7c] spitballs: bets $1 HERO: raises $1 to $2 spitballs: raises $1 to $3 HERO: raises $1 to $4 Betting is capped spitballs: calls $1 *** TURN *** [3d 9h 7c] [9c] spitballs: bets $2 HERO: raises $2 to $4 spitballs: raises $2 to $6 HERO: raises $2 to $8 Betting is capped spitballs: calls $2 *** RIVER *** [3d 9h 7c 9c] [Jc] spitballs: bets $2 HERO: calls $2 *** SHOW DOWN *** spitballs: shows [4h 8d] (a pair of Nines) HERO: shows [5d Ad] (a pair of Nines - Ace kicker) HERO collected $31.50 from pot HERO said, "yep" icepick88 joins the table at seat #6 HERO said, "OK" tricon3 said, "lol" *** SUMMARY *** Total pot $32.50 | Rake $1 Board [3d 9h 7c 9c Jc] Seat 1: HERO (button) showed [5d Ad] and won ($31.50) with a pair of Nines Seat 2: tricon3 (small blind) folded before Flop Seat 3: spitballs (big blind) showed [4h 8d] and lost with a pair of Nines Seat 4: Diesel D folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 5: heyrocker folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Raised on the button with 38 offsuit, got a caller from BB. Flop came AJX. He checks, I bet 300, he called. Turn came a blank, he checks, i bet again and he calls again. River comes another blank, he checks, i do a pot size bet and he folds. I flipped over my hand and he got all pissed and said something along the lines of "I HAD YOU BEAT!!!!" and people started laughing.

This set of anecdotes is somewhat disturbing...most posters are prattling off with their tales of successful bluffs or clever calls without offering any justification for their play. To call something a "great" poker play requires a modicum of thought behind it.These stories seem like a case of a bunch of blinds squirrels finding nuts; a broken clock being right twice a day. If you bluff enough, you WILL win a pot every now and again. If you call enough, you WILL pick off a few bluffs with king high. However, this does not make these plays correct, in the grand scheme.For a proper "great play" story, check out Daniel's analysis of his hand against Freddy Deeb in Championship Poker at the Plaza, where he dissects the precise reasons why he attempts a bluff on the river, confident that Deeb holds top pair, top kicker, and will be willing to lay it down.THAT is good poker. These stories are reminiscent of a bunch of children driving bumper cars in an amusement park, occasionally finding a clear path, but in the long run, slamming into the wall and getting stuck.Warmest Regards,Posoo

This set of anecdotes is somewhat disturbing...most posters are prattling off with their tales of successful bluffs or clever calls without offering any justification for their play. To call something a "great" poker play requires a modicum of thought behind it.These stories seem like a case of a bunch of blinds squirrels finding nuts; a broken clock being right twice a day. If you bluff enough, you WILL win a pot every now and again. If you call enough, you WILL pick off a few bluffs with king high. However, this does not make these plays correct, in the grand scheme.For a proper "great play" story, check out Daniel's analysis of his hand against Freddy Deeb in Championship Poker at the Plaza, where he dissects the precise reasons why he attempts a bluff on the river, confident that Deeb holds top pair, top kicker, and will be willing to lay it down.THAT is good poker. These stories are reminiscent of a bunch of children driving bumper cars in an amusement park, occasionally finding a clear path, but in the long run, slamming into the wall and getting stuck.Warmest Regards,Posoo
All of that and sugar on top

i've seen daniel make that bluff but it always cut off before freddie deciding what to do on the trailer. did he lay it down?--------------------------------------HAND 5------Game #533159384: Texas Hold'em No Limit (10/20) - 2005/06/18 - 23:39:11 (GMT)Table "SixPak 711654 - 3" Seat 6 is the button. Seat 1: Glish (2430 in chips)Seat 2: Saima0101 (1000 in chips)Seat 3: PokerPoul (630 in chips)Seat 4: 05wokki (2060 in chips)Seat 5: master200 (1440 in chips)Seat 6: Richar044 (2950 in chips)Glish: posts small blind 10Saima0101: posts big blind 20----- HOLE CARDS -----dealt to Glish [6h 6s]PokerPoul: raises to 20005wokki: foldsmaster200: calls 200Richar044: foldsGlish: calls 190Saima0101: calls 180----- FLOP ----- [Qh Th 5c]Glish: checksSaima0101: checksPokerPoul: checksmaster200: checks----- TURN ----- [Qh Th 5c][2s]Glish: checksSaima0101: bets 800 and is all-inPokerPoul: foldsmaster200: foldsGlish: calls 800----- RIVER ----- [Qh Th 5c 2s][Kh]----- SHOW DOWN -----Saima0101: shows [4d 4s] (A Pair of Fours, King high)Glish: shows [6h 6s] (A Pair of Sixes, King high)Glish collected 2400 from Main pot----- SUMMARY -----Total pot 2400 Main pot 2400 Rake 0Board [Qh Th 5c 2s Kh]Seat 1: Glish (small blind) showed [6h 6s] and won (2400) with A Pair of Sixes, King highSeat 3: PokerPoul folded on the TurnSeat 4: 05wokki folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: master200 folded on the TurnSeat 6: Richar044 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)I made this call today which i thought was kinda cool. Pokerpoul had just been sent down to 200 and doubled up once. So far i'd been playing all the pots and felt i had the measure of poul and saima, thought they were both weak players. I check ready to lay it down. Turn is another scare card. But then when he bets im just sure i have the best hand and decide to call. Its a 6 handed MTT and i wanna try and get chips early to push people around. My read was right and i was kinda stoked.just happened today and is still in my mind. I know its nothing cool tho...

2004 WSOP $1500 7 Card Stud Final Table$500 ante / $1000 bring in / $3000-$6000 limitsDown to 3 playersChad Brown- $223,000Ted Forrest-$100,000Men Nguyen- $64.000Ted Forrest (2-Q) 2-J-9-3 (8 )Chad Brown (2-4) 6-A-K-10 (5)All Ted had was a pair of twos and he called Chad down on every street. It was like he knew they were good. He committed 25% of his stack with them. Kinda Scary good that Forrest guy is.

This set of anecdotes is somewhat disturbing...most posters are prattling off with their tales of successful bluffs or clever calls without offering any justification for their play.  To call something a "great" poker play requires a modicum of thought behind it.These stories seem like a case of a bunch of blinds squirrels finding nuts; a broken clock being right twice a day.  If you bluff enough, you WILL win a pot every now and again.  If you call enough, you WILL pick off a few bluffs with king high. However, this does not make these plays correct, in the grand scheme.For a proper "great play" story, check out Daniel's analysis of his hand against Freddy Deeb in Championship Poker at the Plaza, where he dissects the precise reasons why he attempts a bluff on the river, confident that Deeb holds top pair, top kicker, and will be willing to lay it down.THAT is good poker.  These stories are reminiscent of a bunch of children driving bumper cars in an amusement park, occasionally finding a clear path, but in the long run, slamming into the wall and getting stuck.Warmest Regards,Posoo
Sorry I did leave out my reasoning. It was basically along the lines of what happened. I put him on some pair JJ-KK cause of his flop check. With the side pot i felt it was worth making the attempt and also thought 7's might beat the all in player and get the scoop that I wanted. I admit some of these stories are I called and had better high card finally YAY. I was really lookin for great plays in nl, someone just being a calling station in limit isn't really "great".
5 players left in a 6-man tourney homegame. i am in first position with K3 off. i still didnt know about the krablar, but i have had somewhat of a history with K3 off, and i figured i should put in a raise. which I did, i tripled the blinds. everyone folded over to the small blind, someone who i had never really played with. he called me rather quickly, smiling. we went to the flop.995 rainbow. he led out at me for like 400. the blinds were 75-150 so there was like what, 1050 in the pot, he bet 400, i hesitated a moment and just called.  turn was an offsuit jack. he quickly bet like 1500. i called this time, even quicker than before. (by the way, we start with 10k in chips, I started the hand with like 8k and he had about 15k.)river was a 4. he bet 5k (a green chip) which was enough to put me all in. i now went into the tank, while he was having a startlingly fast-paced conversation with the player to his left. i thought for about 3 minutes and finally called off all my chips. "you won," he said, to which i still wasn't sure. he flipped up queen high. i just shrugged and said, king high. and everyone at the table was like "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!"i just live for those moments. too bad i busted 2 hands later.
i wonder why you busted two hands later???? sw

alright this is pretty oldschool, anyone see the clip of the.... 1988 WSOP Main event... i think, final 2, Johny Chan and Erik Seidel, Chan has J 9, Seidel has Q 7, Flop comes Q 10 8, Chan is first, rolls his eyes or something like that, sighs, and checks, Seidel smells weakness and pushes all-in, chan smooth calls, with style and flips over the nuts, that hold up, like they souldthat was pretty amazing, i did the same thing at a $25 no limit table on Pstars, exept opponent had a set of Queens, thank god the board didn't pair

I was in this play in elementary called Monsters Inc (before the cartoon thing) that was fun as hell.Then there was this play I did in high school... I can't remember the name, I just remember it was about a wedding where both the bride and groom were more interested in the best friend's of their fiancee, and somewhere in there was mobster type guy for some reason.There was a play written by a guy at our high school that was probably the best I had ever performed in -- we didn't like to do the staples.Those are the best plays I have done.

1/2 NLHE game last night... i look down UTG and see four black titties... i limp because i notice a noob looking at his hand and giving off one of his many tells...folded around to noob who raises it to $8...folded to me...i reraise to $20...he calls... flop comes out 55T with 2 hearts... i bet $35...he calls...and at this point i realize hes trying to be crafty with AA or KK... became very apparent... so i decide that the only way im getting my invested $55 is to push him off of it on the turn.... turn come a 8 of hearts and i quickly go all in for $110... im praying hes not holding the A or K of hearts in his pair... he starts looking at his hand and giving me a staredown to which im giving off nothing... i become comfortable after a couple minutes when i notice his hands and his demeanor and realize hes gonna fold... he ends up saying "you got it" to which i replied "i had you beat" hoping he'll show his hand as i flip up my QQ... to which he flips over KK...with the ****ing K of hearts.... dealer was rabbiting it and a heart hit on the end...a couple of other guys pushed him off hands after seeing this but he busted a guy that was pushing hard with QQ when he held KK... he said "i wasnt dropping it again..." haha.

I recently moved all in pre-flop with AA at the $25 NL Party table. I won $38 on that hand. I'm in BB (6-handed). Couple limpers, SB bumps it to $4 thank god.(he's got $26 left). I've got $32 in front of me, there's about $5 in the pot and I'm content with stealing it/or doubling up. I don't want to play a flop. So I move all in for $32. One of the limpers who has $8 left calls, then the SB calls fairly quickly. I figured "here comes an AA, AA split pot of $8. Typical. Anyway he flips QQ and I knock both guys out. I didn't see what the other guy had. It was pretty sweet, that put me up to like $70. I played a couple more hours and was up to $96.I still can't believe that f.ucknut called $26 more with QQ. What a JFarrell20-bag.