Your Top 5 Men & Women Poker Players (as of today)

i posted this in the same exact thread in the WSOP one...Isabelle Mercier needs to be on the women's list. She's good. very underrated. but better than many many women out there.
I agree.

I thought this is about best players considering recent tournament results? if you consider recent as this year, then people like phil helmuth shouldnt be in it.Just take this year's card player ranking.Rank Player Points 1 John Phan 3,690 2 Ted Forrest 3,108 3 Erick Lindgren 3,088 4 Michael Mizrachi 2,857 5 Amir Vahedi 2,578 John phan should be the hottest player at the moment, with major final table appearances. Ted forrest comes close.

I thought this is about best players considering recent tournament results? if you consider recent as this year, then people like phil helmuth shouldnt be in it.Just take this year's card player ranking.Rank Player Points 1 John Phan 3,690 2 Ted Forrest 3,108 3 Erick Lindgren 3,088 4 Michael Mizrachi 2,857 5 Amir Vahedi 2,578 John phan should be the hottest player at the moment, with major final table appearances. Ted forrest comes close.
yeah Phil Helmuth shouldnt be in it, he only won the National Heads Up Tournament....Michael Mizrachi is a joke....he will be knocked out in the first day uf not the hour.
Doesn't get much better than Ted Lawson! Whoo Wee!God... Even the way he would always yell out his hand and slam his cards down makes me want to kick him in the face!
He is the best...I know the "straight" was the popular hand no make fun of, but I am partial to the fullhouse hand.Freedy says that he is calling and has a full house and Ted announces "5s over 8s" as if theat is going to beat Freddy's full house....dude you have the wost full house on the board, if he has any full house....you lose
Women1. Annie Duke
You are officially one of my favorite posters. I look forward to you participating in more Annie Duke threads
I just have to add, in regards to Annie Duke.I would not hit it.Not with a ten foot pole,not even if it was yours.But she does belong on the list.

Is trhis the TV top 5? Seriously man, there are other great players out there other than the ones who you saw on tv in the last few months. Some of them may be legit, but most of your list is a little off.

top 5 lists are always kinda annoying, because it winds up being who's in the spotlight at this second. That said, the lists aren't near as annoying as the people who show up to criticisize other people's top 5.

Doesn't get much better than Ted Lawson! Whoo Wee!God... Even the way he would always yell out his hand and slam his cards down makes me want to kick him in the face!
YAAAWWWW MMMMOOOOONNNNN!

Jesus has just come off a win in a wsop circuit, second in the national heads up, and i remember him making a decent showing last year even after being down to 4,000 chips....ALL IN. He deserves a spot if only for the simple fact he could chop off a penis on this year's addition of THE NUTS with his card throwing skills.

i posted this in the same exact thread in the WSOP one...Isabelle Mercier needs to be on the women's list. She's good. very underrated. but better than many many women out there.
She's hot, in more ways than one. I suspect she will take lots of casual poker fans by surprise in this WSOP. If she plays that is....Jennifer Harmon is on a roll now that she is healthy again. My understanding of things is that DN and Count Chocula have a bet who will win more tourney money this year, JH or Mimi Tran, which is why those two made my WSOP fantasy list. They are both very good and will likely be playing lots of events.alf's list just made my break out into hysterics for a minute. Thanks. Men 1. Robert Varkonyi 2. Ted Lawson 3. Mike Sica 4. Elix Powers 5. James Woods Women 1. Erin Ness 2. Mimi Rogers 3. Jennifer Tilly 4. Evelyn Ng 5. The Hoe that Antonio Esfandiari met the other night at the club. I am pretty sure we have not heard the last from ted lawson though, he is actually a pretty good player even though he may not know all the rules to all the games. :roll:
1.Tuan Le2.Mizrachi3.Phil Ivey4.DN5.Brenes1.Jen Harman2.Kathy Leibert3.Mimi Tran4.Cindy Violette5.Annie Duke
Does anybody else think Kathy Liebert is about the most annoying bitch on fox superstars?
Sorry for asking but who is Mike Sica?
Mike Sica is the guy that won the 2k wsop holdem event last year.....He is also the genius that raised it up to 15k with K2o.....Ram Vaswani moved in for 240k more with AQ .......Sica then announced boldly...."Let me see, okay...I am going to call."He then of course kept calling everybody's allins with Q9, K5, A2....and of course....he was winning them all....a brilliant player.... :club: The guy is an absolute tool. Lawson is another one....I thought he actually played pretty good in that Omaha event...but the word around the camp fire is that he slowed down every single hand he was involved in...and that he sometimes tossed chips into the pot and when the Dealer would tell him to not do that...he would then of course....DO IT AGAIN.
1.Tuan Le2.Mizrachi3.Phil Ivey4.DN5.Brenes1.Jen Harman2.Kathy Leibert3.Mimi Tran4.Cindy Violette5.Annie Duke
Does anybody else think Kathy Liebert is about the most annoying censored on fox superstars?
No... actually I think she is a great player..... she has had two first place finishes and one second... for a total of 27 points and is the point leader..I think your statement is unfair.

there can't be a top 5 in the world, because there are two different types of poker. RING AND TOURNaMENT POKER! my top 5 for tournament poker would be:Chris "Jesus" FergusonDaniel NJohn PhanJohn JuandaPhil HelmuthRing Games(this one is tricky, because most people don't see them. we just go on what we hear)Chip ReesePhil IveyChau Giang Barry GreensteinDaniel N(only because he challenged anyone, which is awesome!)btw....i think if ivey and greenstein focused on tournaments, they'd be in the top 5.