josh arieh - atlanta's only pro player.

I would define a pro as someone who gains the majority of their income from playing poker.I would define the person who keeps posting this God Squad stuff as a pain in the arse.

it doesn't matter if we know any other pros by name from atlanta... theres obviously many. maybe they meant the only well-known pro. but i mean come on, atlanta is a huge city

Slightly off topic, but does anybody know what Josh's ethnic background is?A persian buddy of mine would love to have a good persian player to cheer for

Slightly off topic, but does anybody know what Josh's ethnic background is?A persian buddy of mine would love to have a good persian player to cheer for
josh is jewish....
Amir Vahedi is a good choice :club:
From JA's website:"Take your game to the next level with poker instructions and insight from Atlanta's only professional poker player, Josh Arieh."What are the odds this statement is true? Please, don't say such silly things.
This is the reason why about only 5 people have actually expressed interest in the school.I respect Josh's play and him as a person....but he is just trying to bring his poker business to a point where his reputation simply cannot support it. Josh's school, Josh's t-shirts....the guy isn't doing nearly well enough to make selling himself this profitable.
Amir Vahedi is a good choice :club:
And how could you forget 1.4 Rocks and Rings himself... Esfandiari!!(SW)
josh is jewish....
Funny I always thought Jewish was a religion and not an ethnic background. What do I know though, I'm just a Jew :-)
josh is jewish....
Funny I always thought Jewish was a religion and not an ethnic background. What do I know though, I'm just a Jew :-)
i understand that, thats what the guy meant when he asked the questuion tho...

isn't he broke? don't get how these guys call themselves pros when they're broke half the time. really seems counter-intuitive.they're pros because they make tons of money and derive most/all their income. but they make so much money because they play well outside of their limits, so they also go broke when variance bitch-slaps them.i know people often go broke once or twice near the beginning of their careers, but IMO, once you become an established player, if you ever go broke you are not a true pro, just some shmoe playing outside of their limits.cheers,daniel

i am san francisco's only known pro i swear and btw i am starting my own poker school for those interested. I am related to both wild bill hickok and ellix powers: both well known poker names. I like arieh and everything but win a couple more bracelets and make a couple more final tables at the main event and then market yourself.

isn't he broke? don't get how these guys call themselves pros when they're broke half the time. really seems counter-intuitive.they're pros because they make tons of money and derive most/all their income. but they make so much money because they play well outside of their limits, so they also go broke when variance censored-slaps them.i know people often go broke once or twice near the beginning of their careers, but IMO, once you become an established player, if you ever go broke you are not a true pro, just some shmoe playing outside of their limits.cheers,daniel
josh is far from broke...read his website and look at some of the gallery pics of his house in there...i understand he was kind of a prick at last years wsop, but i have since become a fan of his and like his gambling style of play...good luck in 05 josh...

There are many pros in Atlanta, just not tournament pros. It's hard to find a game in Atlanta that is high enough stakes that it matters so alot of people here have to play online. I have a couple friends that are pulling down about 4k/month at Party. It's just too hard to find a game here so we have to settle for internet.There was one big underground game that busted a few months ago, so it's hard to find anything if you are the average joe looking for a competitive game.

josh is far from broke...read his website and look at some of the gallery pics of his house in there...i understand he was kind of a prick at last years wsop, but i have since become a fan of his and like his gambling style of play...good luck in 05 josh...
Word... iz kinda tough to piss away 2.5 mill that he won in the WSOP. Unless of course you are Rocks and Rings. [sw]He's a very nice guy. I sent him an E-mail at like 930am today just wishing him luck at the WSOP. We'd E-mailed once or twice before about hands I'd played against him at his Bodog table. He responded to me in like an hour. I got a lot of respect for that.

Josh is over confident, but that fits his style of play perfectly. If he hypes himself up enough, he plays his best. Haven' t any of you ever tried to pump yourself up before a session or tourney? I know I have my methods :club:

josh is jewish....
i understand that, thats what the guy meant when he asked the questuion tho...
Actually, he asked if he is Persian. There are Persian Jews and there are Persian non-Jews, so it's not exactly what he was asking for.No big deal, just want to clarrify. And, I don't believe he is persian.
i am san francisco's only known pro i swear and btw i am starting my own poker school for those interested. I am related to both wild bill hickok and ellix powers: both well known poker names. I like arieh and everything but win a couple more bracelets and make a couple more final tables at the main event and then market yourself.
How about you get to Josh's level then you tell him what to do?
How about you get to Josh's level then you tell him what to do?
nicely said haha.p.s. all this TV and media hype that you guys see is total B.S. Granted, a lot of the best players in the world are on there, but you cant even begin to realize how many amazing players there are out there that arent on TV.. who keep quiet and actually make a living out of this by doing just what theyre good at.. playing the game. its the people you see on medium level games that are just as talented as the people you see on TV playing that you dont realize because theyre true Pro's.. not icons.

Sabah... Ethnicity means cultural adherance to something right? i.e. a religious adherance i.e. Judaism. Therefore his ethnicity can rightly be describes as Jewish. I thought the same about Josh though Sushiman. The dude had a hella WSOP last year and I read his website regularly but I do wonder about how good he truly is. I got love for anyone who final tables at the wsop but to automatically bring out all these lines and risk saturating his name without backing up his initial achievement is risky. He swears he is up for it this time and he has not said that about any tourneys in a while so I guess we will get a better indication over the coming month.