Fchl Discussion Thread

Yeah, anyone who is going to be dropping farm players, let me know first. I'll trade something small for a bunch of crappy farm players, I only have 9 players on my farm, and I think 6 picks this year.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, I have the farm space. I wouldn't pay much of anything, but if you are going to drop them anyway, I'll let them rot on my farm for a few years on the off chance that one of them turns it around.

Order of farm players to be dropped/traded to idiots:Jared StaalYou actually want these players?
well, duh, of course I would.Jared Staal will soon get called up and play with his brother, and Steven Stamkos. (Ive read rumours that we will be trading for him soon, hes unhappy in Tampa and would love a chance to play for Paul Maurice, who he grew up idolizing)Im projecting 40gls-40ass next year for Jared.
well, duh, of course I would.Jared Staal will soon get called up and play with his brother, and Steven Stamkos. (Ive read rumours that we will be trading for him soon, hes unhappy in Tampa and would love a chance to play for Paul Maurice, who he grew up idolizing)Im projecting 40gls-40ass next year for Jared.
lol

My completely obvious farm drops are Mark Santorelli and Brian Salcido...beyond that I'm really having a hard time figuring out who goes and who stays. MA Bourdon can probably go, Dmitri Kugryshev probably isn't going to do anything as a pro but I really want to give him another year at least, I'm starting to think that I'm either going to have to call some guys up or make some trades this summer.

Adam, I'm sure I could scrounge up a couple quarters for guys (multiple) like Kugryshev and Bourdon. Bourdon was originally a Moneyshot after all!In other news, I'm 2 points back of Jay for 2nd overall, with a game in hand. Too early to look at tiebreakers, but I'd guess Jay has them.This very important race will determine who plays #6-7 in the standings. Currently, I don't think there is a big difference. Though it could also determine all-important home ice advantage in a second-round matchup.

I am just excited that I will be going to my first playoffs. (Barring any complete 10 game collapse). I have a good chance to get out of the 1st round if my boys stay hot like they have. Also would like to hold onto 4th in the overall standings at the end of they year.

Adam, I'm sure I could scrounge up a couple quarters for guys (multiple) like Kugryshev and Bourdon. Bourdon was originally a Moneyshot after all!In other news, I'm 2 points back of Jay for 2nd overall, with a game in hand. Too early to look at tiebreakers, but I'd guess Jay has them.This very important race will determine who plays #6-7 in the standings. Currently, I don't think there is a big difference. Though it could also determine all-important home ice advantage in a second-round matchup.
I probably won't trade Kugryshev, I want to see if another year or two on the farm can bring something out of him. Bourdon I would probably be willing to trade though, we can talk when trades open back up again.
Pretty awesome, Stevo, considering everyone mocked your strategy as an expansion team, lol. Your team is really really solid now. Nice work.
Thanks. Looking back I don't think I ever had a strategy. I would talk with Jeff at times and we clearly had a different way we wanted to go. I don't have much of a future where you two have some nice pieces waiting.
  • 2 weeks later...

3 Games to go, Friday, Sat, and Sun.y-dubey / Golden Seals 67-52-14-1 105x-mrdannyg / Halifax Moneyshots 67-47-20-0 94x-mapleleafs / Newmarket Hurricanes 67-44-21-2 90x-biatch / asdjfkl; 67-39-27-1 79x-sbriand / Fearsome Beavers 67-36-30-1 73x-rinswun / Blindsides 68-35-31-2 72x-broadway / Broadway 67-35-32-0 70daveyg / BlackDevilHawks 67-29-37-1 59--rmunro / Wheat Ales 67-28-37-2 58ajs510 / Lost Cause 67-28-37-2 58fenxis / Injured Reserve 68-27-37-4 58zach6668 / Limidonks 67-26-39-2 54strategy / KC Reserves 67-25-40-2 52arp / Whalers 67-25-41-1 51tulane / Tulane Flyers 68-19-48-1 38y=clinched playoffs and positionx=clinched playoffs8th and final spot is being hotly contested by teams that don't even want to make the playoffs.daveyg / BlackDevilHawks 67-29-37-1 59 (Blindsides, asdfjkl;, ROFB)--rmunro / Wheat Ales 67-28-37-2 58 (NMH, Limi, Whalers)ajs510 / Lost Cause 67-28-37-2 58 (Limi, Broadway, NMH)fenxis / Injured Reserve 68-27-37-4 58 (KCR, NMH, BYE)zach6668 / Limidonks 67-26-39-2 54(LC, SWA, Broadway)The way I predict it will go:BDH goes 1-2 in his last three putting him at 61.Ales goe 1-2 putting them at 60Lost Cause go 0-3 keeping them at 58IR goes 1-1 putting them at 60zach goes 2-1 putting them at 60(I have not looked at the lineups so keep that in mind)Should be fun regardless.Beavers are fighting to stay in 5th. Getting out of the 1st round will be hard but I have a better chance against Biatch than I do if I fall to 6th and have to play Jay. If I fall I hope to fall to 7th so that I can play Danny. No matter who i play I will need luck on my side and I need my team to get back to it's winning ways. The last week has been horrendous. If I had to pick who had the best shot at winning it all from seeds 5-8 I would pick the Blindsides.

Looking at some lineups now. Zach has a good shot at winning out. Boy will he be mad lol. SWA vs NMH is going to be a key matchup tomorrow. NMH has no goalies. That could bode well for Rich.

My Saturday night lineup is HO-REN-DUS. Completely pitiful, worst Saturday night lineup I've iced all season. F - Jiri Hudler (OT)F - Ryan O'Reilly F - Rich PeverlyF - Andrei KostitsynF - Tom Wandell (his first Lost Cause game of the season)F - Jesse Joensuu (probably the second game he's made it into all year)D - Chris ButlerG - Colorado (vs Los Angeles)I'd expect to throw up a duck like that for a Monday night game. Whoever heard of a Saturday night with only 8 games running?

3 Games to go, Friday, Sat, and Sun.y-dubey / Golden Seals 67-52-14-1 105x-mrdannyg / Halifax Moneyshots 67-47-20-0 94x-mapleleafs / Newmarket Hurricanes 67-44-21-2 90x-biatch / asdjfkl; 67-39-27-1 79x-sbriand / Fearsome Beavers 67-36-30-1 73x-rinswun / Blindsides 68-35-31-2 72x-broadway / Broadway 67-35-32-0 70daveyg / BlackDevilHawks 67-29-37-1 59--rmunro / Wheat Ales 67-28-37-2 58ajs510 / Lost Cause 67-28-37-2 58fenxis / Injured Reserve 68-27-37-4 58zach6668 / Limidonks 67-26-39-2 54strategy / KC Reserves 67-25-40-2 52arp / Whalers 67-25-41-1 51tulane / Tulane Flyers 68-19-48-1 38y=clinched playoffs and positionx=clinched playoffs8th and final spot is being hotly contested by teams that don't even want to make the playoffs.daveyg / BlackDevilHawks 67-29-37-1 59 (Blindsides, asdfjkl;, ROFB)--rmunro / Wheat Ales 67-28-37-2 58 (NMH, Limi, Whalers)ajs510 / Lost Cause 67-28-37-2 58 (Limi, Broadway, NMH)fenxis / Injured Reserve 68-27-37-4 58 (KCR, NMH, BYE)zach6668 / Limidonks 67-26-39-2 54(LC, SWA, Broadway)The way I predict it will go:BDH goes 1-2 in his last three putting him at 61.Ales goe 1-2 putting them at 60Lost Cause go 0-3 keeping them at 58IR goes 1-1 putting them at 60zach goes 2-1 putting them at 60(I have not looked at the lineups so keep that in mind)Should be fun regardless.Beavers are fighting to stay in 5th. Getting out of the 1st round will be hard but I have a better chance against Biatch than I do if I fall to 6th and have to play Jay. If I fall I hope to fall to 7th so that I can play Danny. No matter who i play I will need luck on my side and I need my team to get back to it's winning ways. The last week has been horrendous. If I had to pick who had the best shot at winning it all from seeds 5-8 I would pick the Blindsides.
this season has been one of my favourite in the league. after the drama bomb off season, the way that everyone responded (particular the commishes, jay(the schedule) and steve (the results,standings)) has been awesome and made me proud to be part of it. the playoff race has been epic all year and its been awesome from a personal perspective to have seen my young team doing well despite being in the middle of a rebuild and having eric cole as my highest paid player. if i get anything from the playoffs it will be a far better season than expected.best part of the season will undoubtedly be meeting up with most of you guys in vegas in early june.

I would rather play Jay than me in the first round, though my guys have been hot lately. I would absolutely love Gaborik back, but my team has been relatively healthy this year. Will definitely need to keep that up for me to move on, while getting good contributions from Rafalski, Weber, Babchuk, Briere, Sedin and Nash. If Pominville and Lecavalier can continuet to be moderately useful, I've got a chance to make a run.It is also worth pointing out again that I outscored the entire rest of the FCHL, PUT TOGETHER, yesterday. Just sayin...

this season has been one of my favourite in the league. after the drama bomb off season, the way that everyone responded (particular the commishes, jay(the schedule) and steve (the results,standings)) has been awesome and made me proud to be part of it. the playoff race has been epic all year and its been awesome from a personal perspective to have seen my young team doing well despite being in the middle of a rebuild and having eric cole as my highest paid player. if i get anything from the playoffs it will be a far better season than expected.best part of the season will undoubtedly be meeting up with most of you guys in vegas in early june.
Agreed all around! I love the way the league dealt with what easily could have been a crushing, fatal blow in the offseason.