Fchl Discussion Thread

love it
I used to be a fairly big fan of movies. The last 5-10years, I think 90% of so called good movies, I could care less about. Waste of time.I saw this on the flight to Europe. I had a choice of over 40 diff movies to watch on way back, and picked this again. I loved it, just thought it was really well done. Not overly suprised, cause Im a huge Aaron Sorkin fan (West Wing, Sports Night, movies...), but this was really great filmmaking. Having extra time, and totally unable to sleep on flights now, I watched Wall Street 2, The Town......neither did anything for me.I had more fun listening to podcasts of HockeyCentral and Chris' Harcore Poker show. I think its sick that I could download these for free at an airport in Amsterdam in 2mins, and then listen to them on flight home. I might be ranting about something no one cares about it, but its surreal to me considering how little was available when I first started flying overseas for work 15-20 years ago on the flight alone, and now my phone has all this stuff on it, forget my laptop. Before it was like 40people watching a foreign film on a 12inch screen. Yeah, Im old.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure wish we could talk about a big trade in this thread. HINT HINT! NUDGE NUDGE! KNOW WHAT I MEAN KNOW WHAT I MEAN!
You guys gotta start offering something of consequence for players like MKoivu, Stastny. Whats this pool gotten to?Both are cheap for this year AND next!
You guys gotta start offering something of consequence for players like MKoivu, Stastny. Whats this pool gotten to?Both are cheap for this year AND next!
What else do you want? You asked for a person I said yes, then out of nowhere offered a pick along with it. Tell me what you need and I will probably give in.

The Problem is, there aren't many/any teams who are 'buying' right now.me, jay, and Dan are maxed out, capwise. I could make Stastny fit, but I don't have the necessary assets to get it done. nor do I want to mortgage any more of my future.I'm surprised DannyG hasn't made you a good offer for Stastny, he's the most likely to try to beef up for the playoffs.

The Problem is, there aren't many/any teams who are 'buying' right now.me, jay, and Dan are maxed out, capwise. I could make Stastny fit, but I don't have the necessary assets to get it done. nor do I want to mortgage any more of my future.I'm surprised DannyG hasn't made you a good offer for Stastny, he's the most likely to try to beef up for the playoffs.
I am buying. I need to replace Roy to have any decent shot and I willing to spend.You haven't worked with danny yet have you.
What else do you want? You asked for a person I said yes, then out of nowhere offered a pick along with it. Tell me what you need and I will probably give in.
ya, it was one of the guys on my list, your right, but I should have been more clear in what I wanted. It wasnt as simple as 1 for 1 of your guys.And Dave's right, there arent a lot of buyers. This suprises me, cause frankly, if I was 4th/5th overall, Id be all over such players. Anything can happen in FCHL playoffs, I believe. But I will take a closer look at all my trade discussions, now that Im back, and once I get my sleep schedule back, and the AHL trade deadline has passed tomm night. I like that the FCHL one is a little later. Id really love to do a monster deal where I get a top prospect/cheap player in exchange for my big assets. And I do have big assets!
Agreed. Sadly, I traded pretty much anyone of value away just to get my 2006 all-stars, like Lecavalier, Briere, Selanne, etc.

Anyone interested in Bieksa or Vlasic? Both signed this year and next, at $1.25/$1 respectively. Not looking for a top pick, just a little value back for depth guys with some potential, and a lot better than whats on waivers!Will have to be picks, prospects, cap, or a $0.25 player back, since I want to shed their cap.

You should add Pronger to that list!
Heh. I was too lazy to look at the exact years they were good, but I'm guessing I could add Pominville, Cammalleri, Gaborik, MA Bergeron, maybe others to the list. I didn't count Sedin or Rafalski because they're still awesome.p.s. because of all you jerks, I actually sent MLP a PM. So he'll be mad at you. And when I win the FCHL by acquiring Koivu, Bouwmeester and Stastny for Ruslan Bashkirov and Tomas Zaborsky, I'll be the one laughing.
p.s. because of all you jerks, I actually sent MLP a PM. So he'll be mad at you. And when I win the FCHL by acquiring Koivu, Bouwmeester and Stastny for Ruslan Bashkirov and Tomas Zaborsky, I'll be the one laughing.
Danny's right. Who do I have to blame for this??? Angry Steve? Dubey Dave? Fenxisssss? Damn you for making me talk trade with Danny.
Heh. I was too lazy to look at the exact years they were good, but I'm guessing I could add Pominville, Cammalleri, Gaborik, MA Bergeron, maybe others to the list. I didn't count Sedin or Rafalski because they're still awesome.p.s. because of all you jerks, I actually sent MLP a PM. So he'll be mad at you. And when I win the FCHL by acquiring Koivu, Bouwmeester and Stastny for Ruslan Bashkirov and Tomas Zaborsky, I'll be the one laughing.
I mean,... you should acquire Pronger

In other news, I am going to lose tonight because I started Anaheim goaltending against the Leafs! Weak, I know. Actually went to change it, but missed the start time.Marian Gaborik has no points tonight. Must be exhausted after putting up FOUR POINT FIVE on a non-game night yesterday.

In other news, I am going to lose tonight because I started Anaheim goaltending against the Leafs! Weak, I know. Actually went to change it, but missed the start time.Marian Gaborik has no points tonight. Must be exhausted after putting up FOUR POINT FIVE on a non-game night yesterday.
lol
Sorry but when i see things like this I must: :club:
Congratulations to Jakub Kindl, the first ever draft pick of the Halifax Moneyshots*, on his first NHL goal, and his first NHL point.*Jakub is no longer a member of the Moneyshots organization.
Want him back? That first point only took him 22 games. :club:

Is there a farm callup/send down rule for the FCHL playoffs?ie. Can I bring up Shattenkirk for the playoffs then return him to the farm for next season (if I so desired). if so, when is the deadline for doing this?

Is there a farm callup/send down rule for the FCHL playoffs?ie. Can I bring up Shattenkirk for the playoffs then return him to the farm for next season (if I so desired). if so, when is the deadline for doing this?
nope, once up he is there to stay!
Haha. If there's one good thing we can all agree on about my trades, it is that I have traded away a lot of players who have done nothing.
Jamie Benn calls shenanigans.
I like that you were nice enough to amuse Danny. I havent stopped laughing since I read his implication that he hasnt traded away a lot of good players.
Oh no no, that was not my intention. No doubt I have traded away a butt-ton of talent. You know, like Paul Stastny. I just meant I have also gotten some value for guys who have not done much either.