Legalising Marijuana In California?

I might give this post a shred of thought if it was made by vb. You continue to show that you don't have a clue, and we can keep blaming that on trollBG, but everyone knows seriousBG is just as bad. Feel free to judge me like you know me, my father or my family, because everyone knows you do this with everyone, all the time. You're just an old guy who is painfully out of touch with current culture etc. Bigotry and closed-mindedness that was 'okay' years ago during your youth, is now no longer 'okay'. While it might have been 'okay' to hate the gays years ago, you now sound more and more like a bigot when you hide behind your religion when people engage your 'hate'. I use that word to describe you when you deal with things you don't approve of, like gay marriage, drugs, and liberals.You don't have to get pissy because you're old and you don't want to change.Also, it's difficult for you to accuse people of 'pigeon holing' you, because you are too scared to actually take a position where you might have to admit that you're bigoted because of your religious views. You haven't actually said where you stand on the drug issue, you just call it 'maryjuanda' when you want to discredit it.edit: I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say 'we tried it and failed'.
You should hang out with GeneralGeeWhiz.You guys are perfect for each other.
  • Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might give this post a shred of thought if it was made by vb. You continue to show that you don't have a clue, and we can keep blaming that on trollBG, but everyone knows seriousBG is just as bad. Feel free to judge me like you know me, my father or my family, because everyone knows you do this with everyone, all the time. You're just an old guy who is painfully out of touch with current culture etc. Bigotry and closed-mindedness that was 'okay' years ago during your youth, is now no longer 'okay'. While it might have been 'okay' to hate the gays years ago, you now sound more and more like a bigot when you hide behind your religion when people engage your 'hate'. I use that word to describe you when you deal with things you don't approve of, like gay marriage, drugs, and liberals.You don't have to get pissy because you're old and you don't want to change.Also, it's difficult for you to accuse people of 'pigeon holing' you, because you are too scared to actually take a position where you might have to admit that you're bigoted because of your religious views. You haven't actually said where you stand on the drug issue, you just call it 'maryjuanda' when you want to discredit it.edit: I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say 'we tried it and failed'.
Not certain why you seem to have developed this feud with BG, but you're starting to sound pretty hateful yourself. If you don't "get" BG then fine, but there does seem to be something else underlying your problem with him. Sometimes it seems like you're just trying to play his game, but more often it really goes beyond that and is starting to derail the Forum a little.

The fact of the matter is that whenever the "experts" have reviewed marijuana laws, they have recommended either decriminalization or, as in the case when it was originally made illegal, leaving it legal.When marijuana was first made illegal in the 30's, the AMA, American Medical Association, was asked by congress to review it and give their recommendation. After a 6 month review, the council appointed by the AMA recommended leaving marijuana legal and not criminalizing it since they viewed the effects as mostly beneficial, not harmful, to the user, and the AMA was interested in protecting the user, not punishing them. Unfortunately, the man behind reefer madness pressed hard on congress, and marijuana was made illegal anyways.When Nixon was made President, it was his belief that smoking marijuana caused anti-government thoughts, so he created a new panel to study marijuana further, his hope being greater penalties for use and sale. But, since he actually had named medical professionals to this panel, albeit extremely conservative ones, they, much to Nixon's dissatisfaction, actually recommended legalization instead of further penalties.Although the modern medical marijuana movement has been taken over as a means for the uninjured and healthy to smoke marijuana, who cares? It should have never been made illegal in the first place. And if it takes full decriminalization in order for people who are truly sick to have it available to them, then we must make that step.Plus we have found more and more evidence of its usefulness for a variety or ailments: Article in Science News on recent Medical Marijuana StudiesProhibition never works anyway. It just gives gangs and organized crime a profit making ability, they wouldn't otherwise have. Marijuana is still the number one money maker for the Mexican cartels, according to the DEA. Legalize drugs and prostitution. No more money for thugs.

In fact you are the one who is mindfully ignorant, and as such are attempting to use me as a sounding board for your packaged excuses for the legalization of maryjuanda.I don't play that game, I see through it and your being frustrated is the result of your attempts at trying to pigeon hole me and my beliefs.Equating me with your father the number of times you have, directing every question towards me, and then acting like you 'know' me shows me that deep down you are are struggling with what you know to be an unhealthy lifestyle, but maybe by getting me to accept it, you can bridge the divide you have created between your father and yourself.You need to grow up and understand that there is a reason the status quo is the status quo. It's not because we weren't interested in changing things too, it's that we tried the other ways and they failed, so we stuck with the things that work.You will deal with this with your kids, who will see you as completely backwards and unchanging in your antiquated views. You will be incredulous. As will they.

In fact you are the one who is mindfully ignorant, and as such are attempting to use me as a sounding board for your packaged excuses for the legalization of maryjuanda.I don't play that game, I see through it and your being frustrated is the result of your attempts at trying to pigeon hole me and my beliefs.Equating me with your father the number of times you have, directing every question towards me, and then acting like you 'know' me shows me that deep down you are are struggling with what you know to be an unhealthy lifestyle, but maybe by getting me to accept it, you can bridge the divide you have created between your father and yourself.You need to grow up and understand that there is a reason the status quo is the status quo. It's not because we weren't interested in changing things too, it's that we tried the other ways and they failed, so we stuck with the things that work.You will deal with this with your kids, who will see you as completely backwards and unchanging in your antiquated views. You will be incredulous. As will they.
who are you talking to
In my heaven you'll be able to buy a pack of 20 rolled spliffs for 10 bucks.... just like cigarettes... Some day...
in your heaven, you still need cash and stuff costs money?
in your heaven, you still need cash and stuff costs money?
Reminds me of the Far Side cartoon where the guy is on Cloud Eight looking at the people partying it up on Cloud Nine.
Reminds me of the Far Side cartoon where the guy is on Cloud Eight looking at the people partying it up on Cloud Nine.
My favorite farcow1.gif
This deserves better than just a comment by the BG fellow. Well played sir.
It reminded me of that office scene where Dwight tells Jim that in his wildest fantasy he is the co-manager of a bed and breakfest with the devil and his salary is $90,000. I like that Far Side too, though.Is SweetDee BG's super-troll secret account or something?
It reminded me of that office scene where Dwight tells Jim that in his wildest fantasy he is the co-manager of a bed and breakfest with the devil and his salary is $90,000. I like that Far Side too, though.Is SweetDee BG's super-troll secret account or something?
No, just a guy who checks Daniels site once in awhile and posts if something tickles his fancy, that's all. The BG guy does amuse me, though.
No, just a guy who checks Daniels site once in awhile and posts if something tickles his fancy, that's all. The BG guy does amuse me, though.
Yea, I've only had one other account, and it wasn't very secretive.He showed up twice on this thread's first page.
BG, it's not that bad, even when your kid gets ahold of it.When Your Kid Smokes PotVB, what do you think?
I can't figure out what he is rambling about. He is saying don't take your kid to a drug counselor if you find pot in his room? Why would anyone do that?
I can't figure out what he is rambling about. He is saying don't take your kid to a drug counselor if you find pot in his room? Why would anyone do that?
Here's what I think. BG and his side like to point out drug use and 'abuse' in teenagers, citing overdose stories and treatment center statistics. I think the author is saying that treatment centers for teens are largely a function of scared parents, insurance companies paying claims, etc. I think that story is an attack on the idea that kids can even be addicts, for the reasons presented in the article.I thought it was really interesting about MPD in texas as well. I agree with you that this article is a little weird. If I catch my kid with pot, I would look at what I did to contribute to that behavior, not dump them into treatment. I guess treatment comes after use/abuse, and this example of finding a bag doesn't seem to constitute abuse.
Here's what I think. BG and his side like to point out drug use and 'abuse' in teenagers, citing overdose stories and treatment center statistics. I think the author is saying that treatment centers for teens are largely a function of scared parents, insurance companies paying claims, etc. I think that story is an attack on the idea that kids can even be addicts, for the reasons presented in the article.I thought it was really interesting about MPD in texas as well. I agree with you that this article is a little weird. If I catch my kid with pot, I would look at what I did to contribute to that behavior, not dump them into treatment. I guess treatment comes after use/abuse, and this example of finding a bag doesn't seem to constitute abuse.
If I find my kid with pot, I know who to steal pot from going forward.

I knew a kid who's parents gave him a Thia stick for his 12th birthdayI helped him smoke it.So I guess you could say that there are lots of examples of parents that are good, bad and in between.

But of course kids can be addicts... just not to pot. They are actually more prone than adults as myelination in the prefrontal cortex is not even complete in adolescence, leading to poor impulse control.edit: by the way if you are interested in MPD (which is now called DID) I recommend this 2p2 thread, where a guy answers questions about his DID girlfriend:http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/34/other...alities-838573/
Not certain why you seem to have developed this feud with BG, but you're starting to sound pretty hateful yourself. If you don't "get" BG then fine, but there does seem to be something else underlying your problem with him. Sometimes it seems like you're just trying to play his game, but more often it really goes beyond that and is starting to derail the Forum a little.
I would like to disagree with this post. As I saw it Jeep was and has been giving direct questions and useful data to support the legalization of pot, while BG has been ... well he's been like himself in that he only answers what he wants to answer and with the rest he likes to make a joke so that people will laugh with him. Which is what one tends to do with a lot of BG's posts. Frankly I have found some of Jeeps arguments to be persuasive and wondered what someone such as BG thinks ... and we never really get to hear what BG thinks ... or do we?

I have clearly expressed my opinion on posts 16,354 and 13,306. I alluded to them in posts 1,533 and vaguely in post 17,150So I don't understand why people don't get my point.

But of course kids can be addicts... just not to pot. They are actually more prone than adults as myelination in the prefrontal cortex is not even complete in adolescence, leading to poor impulse control.edit: by the way if you are interested in MPD (which is now called DID) I recommend this 2p2 thread, where a guy answers questions about his DID girlfriend:http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/34/other...alities-838573/
Everyone should read that thread, it's amazing. Words can't describe what that guy goes through. I can't even express all of the different feelings I get reading the thread. from the first page:Is it considered cheating when you have sex with the different personalitites?None of them seem to mind, and I've had sex with more than one of them in the same "session". I've had sex with all 5 at one point or another. Neither her therapist nor her doctors have suggested this is anything that will cause harm.