****2010 Nba Playoffs Official Thread****

That is nasty ^And yeah Boston started 23-5 and ended 27-27. I can see why you hate Big Baby, there is a reason that's his nickname. But aside from that, they play tough, they're playing the game to win it. Not to show off their dance moves on the bench or interview themselves at halftime. I think it's a breath of fresh air in a league that's becoming a gimmick.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like the record to show that Kobe is actually my favorite active player.
Noted. I didn't mean to imply you were a Kobe hater.Gotta love the Nash. "It's better. But what is this, 60 minutes? I gotta go warmup."
I think it's a breath of fresh air in a league that's becoming a gimmick.
Don't ask me to be rational when it comes to the Celtics.Jared Dudley is climbing high up the list of players that annoy me. You can be the cockiest motherfucker on the court, but if you're an elite player, then I actually kind of like it. But if you're a role player strutting around, it just tilts me to no end. Except KG, he's too ridiculous with it. My favorite sequence of the year was when he made a routine 15 footer, talked trash to Bynum all the way down the court, and then Bynum got the ball and dunked it right in his face. That made me happy.

I dont watch nearly as much NBA anymore, so take this FWIW.... Depressed the Suns arent putting up a better fight. And I think I really underestimated the Lakers. Well, I mean everyone outside of Kobe+Gasol. Odom can be scary good when he wants to be, it would appear. I always liked Artest. Bynum+others have impressed me, I didnt think he was that good. I kept hearing how Amare has changed his game, more all around, just a better player. Its only a few games Ive watched, but I dont see it. Like was said above, he isnt a PF. And what the hell happened to the Magic? Its only 2gms, but it doesnt even look close. I really hope the Celtics-Lakers matchup (ya, Im already writing off the others) lives up to its history. I'll be in California#2 (Vegas) during the finals, so that should make for an awesome atmosphere during the games.

Depressed the Suns arent putting up a better fight. And I think I really underestimated the Lakers. Well, I mean everyone outside of Kobe+Gasol. Odom can be scary good when he wants to be, it would appear. I always liked Artest. Bynum+others have impressed me, I didnt think he was that good.
Posted before the playoffs started:
Lakers > Suns in 5 (I don't think the Suns matchup well against the Lakers.)
Absolutely correct. If this series happens, it will be the Lakers' easiest series.
It's just a bad matchup for the Suns. I think the Suns would give either Boston or Orlando a good series, but they have no answer for the Lakers, especially when they're interior passing is as good as it has been. The best chance the Suns have is that the Lakers forget to go inside and start chucking up 3's and jumpers, which is certainly possible. Also, thank you TNT for not replaying Kobe's block of Amare's dunk attempt. I didn't want to see that again anyway.Edit: Another prediction I made: Cavs>Celtics in 5 as Lebron dominates like he's never dominated before. That was dumb.2nd Edit: But I was the only one who had Lakers vs Suns in the conference finals. So I got that going for me.
It's just a bad matchup for the Suns. I think the Suns would give either Boston or Orlando a good series, but they have no answer for the Lakers, especially when they're interior passing is as good as it has been. The best chance the Suns have is that the Lakers forget to go inside and start chucking up 3's and jumpers, which is certainly possible.
based on what Ive seen in the 2games, this is dead on. Suns just dont have any kind of defensive presence under the basket.that said, Lakers have also done a pretty good job of deflating Nash's game.whats your prognostication on Lakers v Celts?
whats your prognostication on Lakers v Celts?
That's like asking serge to pick a series between the Leafs and Habs, only if serge was a complete pessimist.The Celtics have size too. Even if their bigs aren't as skilled as the Lakers, they're much more physical, so I think a lot of it comes down to how the refs call it and how the Lakers respond to it. I think Gasol will be better than in 2008, but I don't know why we'd expect better from Odom. We've seen how the Celtics can shut the lane down against Lebron, but Kobe doesn't need to drive to get to the basket, he can just post up. And if he's got his jumper working, no team can stop him. Defensively, I think the Lakers can match up pretty well against the Celtics. I'd put Kobe on Rondo and let Fisher chase Ray Allen around. Artest on Pierce, Gasol on KG. Bynum on Perkins and when the Celtics bring Sheed in, the Lakers can counter with Odom. I guess thinking about it rationally, I'd take Lakers in 6, but my heart has zero confidence in it.
That's like asking serge to pick a series between the Leafs and Habs, only if serge was a complete pessimist.The Celtics have size too. Even if their bigs aren't as skilled as the Lakers, they're much more physical, so I think a lot of it comes down to how the refs call it and how the Lakers respond to it. I think Gasol will be better than in 2008, but I don't know why we'd expect better from Odom. We've seen how the Celtics can shut the lane down against Lebron, but Kobe doesn't need to drive to get to the basket, he can just post up. And if he's got his jumper working, no team can stop him. Defensively, I think the Lakers can match up pretty well against the Celtics. I'd put Kobe on Rondo and let Fisher chase Ray Allen around. Artest on Pierce, Gasol on KG. Bynum on Perkins and when the Celtics bring Sheed in, the Lakers can counter with Odom. I guess thinking about it rationally, I'd take Lakers in 6, but my heart has zero confidence in it.
Ooh I forgot about Artest vs Pierce, one of the more enjoyable 1v1 match-ups over the last decade.
And what the hell happened to the Magic? Its only 2gms, but it doesnt even look close.
Orlando has played horribly, and should be thrilled they've only lost the first 2 games by a combined 7 points.They just aren't moving the ball around as much on offense as they did in the 1st two series, but most of that is likely due to Boston's defense.If the Magic can some how hit their stride, it could be a good series.
Artest on Pierce
You think that's a better matchup than the Vlad/Walton/Sasha trio they had to use in '08?The Rondo/Allen matchups scare the crap out of me. I don't want Kobe having to deal with either one of those guys full-time. I would want to see Kobe/PP, Artest/Ray and Fish/Rondo early in the game, and late in the game the Artest/Pierce Kobe/Rondo matchups. They tried putting Kobe on PP in '08, but they just ran pick and rolls to get the switch. The don't do that nearly as much this year. Either way, this should be a brutal series for Pierce, having to guard Kobe and deal with an Artest/Kobe matchup on offense. If he's the best player in this series too....I don't know, it'll be amazing.Pau's going to have to win the KG matchup, and I feel like he should and can at this point in their careers, but I wouldn't be shocked to see KG outplay him for most of the series. If the latter happens, it's going to be disaster for LA.Artest v Allen: This may sound like a terrible idea, but Ron is the best at working off the ball before Ray makes his move (which is half the battle with these kind of guys), and his shot-challenged percentage is ridiculous. This would also virtually take Ray out of the game off the dribble, where he's very underrated. Oh, and Ron is 3 inches taller. We may never see this, and I wouldn't start with it, but if Ray, Rondo, or Pierce are killing any matchup I would love to see this switch.I could see Bynum/LO getting lost in Boston.I think the Lakers are a decent favorite to win the series, but in any scenario I can't see the series not coming back to LA .
Don't ask me to be rational when it comes to the Celtics.Jared Dudley is climbing high up the list of players that annoy me. You can be the cockiest motherfucker on the court, but if you're an elite player, then I actually kind of like it. But if you're a role player strutting around, it just tilts me to no end. Except KG, he's too ridiculous with it. My favorite sequence of the year was when he made a routine 15 footer, talked trash to Bynum all the way down the court, and then Bynum got the ball and dunked it right in his face. That made me happy.
That's fair enough. If I weren't a Celtics fan I'd probably hate them too. That said about KG, I think his act has always been crazy (with the trash talk, going down on all fours, picking on guys smaller than him, etc.) and over-the-top. It's just that he's gone from the lovable loser who puts 110% in every game with a terrible team and little national coverage to the most important player on a championship team of one of the two most successful franchises in the NBA. That and the fact that he can't back up what he says as successfully anymore also plays a part. Anyway, kinda going off topic here. I'm gonna be so excited for a celtics/lakers (if it happens) series because I'll be in vegas!
Anyway, kinda going off topic here. I'm gonna be so excited for a celtics/lakers (if it happens) series because I'll be in vegas!
Im gonna be there too, and I love being there during a Lakers final run. Its sick. (and Im no Lakers fan)Maybe I should get a Celtics jersey, just to piss off the "locals" from Cali.
Artest v Allen: This may sound like a terrible idea, but Ron is the best at working off the ball before Ray makes his move (which is half the battle with these kind of guys), and his shot-challenged percentage is ridiculous.
Actually, it sounds like a good idea. He's going to fight a lot harder to get around all the screens than Kobe would. If Fisher guards Allen, he could probably pick up a few fouls on the Boston big guys by flopping off their moving screens. But that would also result in some wide open shots when the flop doesn't get called.

I think Fisher will almost be forced to guard allen because Rondo is just going to eat derek alive otherwise. Look at what happened to Mo Williams. I think Ray will be the most easily exploited on the defensive end though. Both Kobe and Artest have a post game so they can take Ray down there (instead of letting Allen stand on the 3pt line next to Sasha/Vlad)

Well then.
Way to show up, Orlando.This whole playoffs is a borderline disgrace so far (unless you like Boston or LA of course). I guess the Finals should be awesome (How much will Rondo destroy Farmar/Fisher? Will Kobe struggle like in '08? Can Garnett play Gasol to a wash?) but at this point I am not optimistic.
Way to show up, Orlando.This whole playoffs is a borderline disgrace so far (unless you like Boston or LA of course). I guess the Finals should be awesome (How much will Rondo destroy Farmar/Fisher? Will Kobe struggle like in '08? Can Garnett play Gasol to a wash?) but at this point I am not optimistic.
Put yourslef in the Magic management's shoes. You're going to be paying $38 million to Carter and Lewis next year. What can you possibly do to give your team any chance at winning a championship next year with those 2 pooches in your lineup and making all that money.
Put yourslef in the Magic management's shoes. You're going to be paying $38 million to Carter and Lewis next year. What can you possibly do to give your team any chance at winning a championship next year with those 2 pooches in your lineup and making all that money.
Nothing. They will be stuck in the good but not good enough zone for a while. I would rip them for ever thinking Vince Carter would be the missing piece but Hedo was so f-ing bad in Toronto this year......who knows.
Nothing. They will be stuck in the good but not good enough zone for a while. I would rip them for ever thinking Vince Carter would be the missing piece but Hedo was so f-ing bad in Toronto this year......who knows.
The thing about Hedo is that his skill set is perfect for the Magic. He needs to have the ball in his hands initiating the offense so him being on Orlando where their point guards aren't great passers but are good shooters was the perfect place for him to be. Also while his defense sucks he's a better rebounder than the guys Orlando has used this year due to his size and the lack of rebounding on the Magic other than Howard is really being exposed.
The thing about Hedo is that his skill set is perfect for the Magic. He needs to have the ball in his hands initiating the offense so him being on Orlando where their point guards aren't great passers but are good shooters was the perfect place for him to be. Also while his defense sucks he's a better rebounder than the guys Orlando has used this year due to his size and the lack of rebounding on the Magic other than Howard is really being exposed.
I am just startled at how awful Hedo was in Toronto. It's not like Toronto was a horrible fit for him or anything. I would have never brought Vince Carter aboard though. That's just crazy.

Did you see NBA Fastbreak after the game? I'd much prefer having the halftime show on the court or better yet, in a studio.