****2010 Nba Playoffs Official Thread****

you're an idiot, the officiating was near-perfect for the game. I thought the Celts got more calls. If Ray could have knocked down two shots in the first half, this game plays out so much different.The Artest three is the defining moment...I didn't think there was a chance in hell that was a good shot, but he buried it.Argh
Lol. Lakers got more free throws in the last quarter than the Celtics did in the entire game, and it's not because the Celtics were fouling every possession. Good to know I'm an idiot though.
good lord, Artest winning game 7?!Excluding his family, his thank you speech was off the charts. He started by thanking his hood for Crips sakes. This was the best officiated game of the series. The refs let them play for more all four quarters unlike all the other games. Well, they did start calling it tight for a couple minutes after the double technical but I think they got the signal to keep the game flowing from Stern. Oh, and with 3:30 left in the 4th the Lakers got most of the calls..........um never mind.
gg where do I ship to?
  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was quite fitting how the Lakers won tonight. Since '08 they've been questioned if they're tough enough to beat a team like the Celtics, are they physical enough, etc. Tonight, they were asked to find a way to win the ugliest game ever played against one of the best defenses of all-time, a game where no one plays well offensively, making 32% of your shots, where your best player has perhaps his worst offensive night in his career. Find a way to beat the team that beat you, in the very way that they said you could not..in the way that maybe you didn't believe you could, until tonight.After Game 7 in 2000 vs Portland I never watched a game during the Shaq/Kobe era where I thought there was a team that would ever beat them when healthy. Trailing 2-1 down 20 in Game 4 vs Sac, I would have been completely shocked if they did not win that series. I think this team now is there with me. 3 finals appearances, 2 championships and one Finals Game 7, it's taken for me to believe this truly is a championship-level team. They've now answered every question that's been asked of them. Now it's time to start rolling.

That was the best officiated game of the playoffs.Any complaints by Celtics fans are unwarranted.Really impressed by kobe's rebound total.

Seriously though, what about the Celtics could possibly produce more hate in you than the Lakers? I mean, the whole celebrity thing is kind of embarrassing, isn't it? Like, oh there's fucking Tila Tequila probably, let's show her. Come on!
Don't get me started, I'm trying to enjoy this.I thought the officiating was good; I didn't know what to expect to hear from people in here though. Obviously it was kind of an ugly game, but at the same time, it was two teams going at each other as hard as they can, which is still fun to watch. I mean, under normal circumstances, being emotionally invested in the outcome made it extremely difficult to watch. Looking back on it now, it was fun to watch. I don't know what I'm talking about.I agree with almost all of Poppy's post.I hate hate hate the Celtics, but I do respect their play.A few minor thoughts on the last 90 seconds:There was no doubt that Sheed's three was going in.Rondo traveled on the play where Allen hit his three (clearly dragged his pivot foot).Kobe should've backed the ball out after Pau's offensive rebound instead of taking it to the hole.And yes, Artest's post game interview was the best. I was happy for him; I think he's got a bad rep because...well because he started a riot...but he plays hard and plays defense. I didn't care for him during the regular season, but I thought he was great in the playoffs (discounting the whole shot selection thing).

As a completely unbiased fan who hates both teams equally, I thought this game was one of the best refereed games I've seen.Great game and congrats Laker fans.

And yes, Artest's post game interview was the best. I was happy for him; I think he's got a bad rep because...well because he started a riot...but he plays hard and plays defense. I didn't care for him during the regular season, but I thought he was great in the playoffs (discounting the whole shot selection thing).
I was happy for him because he showed a ton of balls in game 7...at times he seemed like the only Laker willing to put his ass on the line and put up some aggressive shots. Maybe that's because he's too crazy to be nervous, but regardless, it was impressive. I loved this part of Kobe's post game interview.
I was happy for him because he showed a ton of balls in game 7...at times he seemed like the only Laker willing to put his ass on the line and put up some aggressive shots. Maybe that's because he's too crazy to be nervous, but regardless, it was impressive. I loved this part of Kobe's post game interview.
I forget which Boston writer said this yesterday, but he said the way the LA media fawns over Kobe is ridiculous and embarrasing, and Kobe is a cocky douche bag on another level. Kobe flat out refuses to answer questions he doesn't like, with an, "I'm not answering that," response, and the LA writers beam with joy like a child impressing an adult when he answers a question thoughtfully. This isn't very newsworthy or important, or groundbreaking in any way I suppose, but it seemed more poignant coming from a journalist. On a semi-related note that I'm only bringing up to possibly add a little more content to this post, there's a rumor that all the media members applauded Doc Rivers at his last press conference last night because of how engaging and thoughtful he was during the whole Finals. Basically, the antithesis of Kobe.

I don't really care if athletes or coaches answer the endless array of retarded questions they get every day.Doc seems thoughtful enough. His "you realize Doc is just a nickname, right?" line was pretty great last year when he kept getting questions about KG's knee.I did laugh when he tried to claim Rondo had position on Pau on that last key rebound.For KG:

What do you call a power forward that gets 3 rebounds in a game?
A small forward.
Seriously though, maybe I'm just in a good mood, but I have a lot of respect for how hard the Celtics played. I still think they're a bunch of douche-nozzles though.There was something else I was going to say, but I forget now...