****2010 Nba Playoffs Official Thread****

Discuss.I don't love the Lakers in the West. I don't love the Cavs in the East either. I feel like this could be a surprising year. And Miami is taking out the Celtics in round one. Maybe.Post your predictions here.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was making my post in the random thread while you were creating this thread. Anyway, this is what I posted:Lakers > Durants in 5Mavs > Spurs in 7 (but I wouldn't be surprised at a Spurs upset)Suns > Blazers in 5 (I know I said this would be a good series, but Phoenix impressed the hell out of me the last two games. I'm probably overvaluing them now, but without Roy I don't see how the Blazers can keep up. #1 offense vs #1 defense in the West.)Jazz Nuggets > Nuggets Jazz in 7 (home team wins all 7 games)Cavs > Bulls in 4Magic > Bobcats in 5Hawks > Bucks in 5Celtics > Heat in 6 (The Heat would've been better off losing their last game to get the Hawks instead of the Celtics. This might be the best matchup for the Celtics.)Lakers > Jazz Nuggets in 7 (in 5 if the Lakers steal game 4)Suns > Mavs in 6 (I really hope this series happens because it would be a lot of fun.)Cavs > Celtics in 5 (Lebron dominates like he's never dominated before.)Magic > Hawks in 6 (I have no feel whatsoever for this matchup.)Lakers > Suns in 5 (I don't think the Suns matchup well against the Lakers. I have no idea how the season series went though.)Cavs > Magic in 7Cavs > Lakers in 5Edited due to lack of knowledge.Edited again for future reference:Bill Simmons PicksROUND 1Cavs over Bulls in 4Magic over Bobcats in 7Hawks over Bucks in 5Heat over Celtics in 7Lakers over OKC in 6Mavs over Spurs in 6Suns over Blazers in 5Jazz over Nuggets in 7CONFERENCE SEMISCavs over Heat in 5Magic over Hawks in 6Jazz over Lakers in 6Mavs over Suns in 7CONFERENCE FINALSCavs over Magic in 5Mavs over Jazz in 6FINALSCavs over Mavs in 6

Lakers > Thunder in 5Mavs > Spurs in 7Suns > Blazers in 5Nuggets > Jazz in 7Cavs > Bulls in 5Magic > Bobcats in 4Hawks > Bucks in 5Celtics > Heat in 7Lakers > Nuggets in 5Mavs > Suns in 7Cavs > Celtics in 5Magic > Hawks in 5Mavs > Lakers in 6Magic > Cavs in 6Mavs > Magic in 7

Mavs > Magic in 7
I basically did with the Lakers what I did with Duke. Think to myself, "They're going to be upset," then start going through the matchups, then think "No, they're not going to beat them, they're not going to beat them...," then I look up and I've got them in the finals.If I was given a Lakers vs the field bet I would take the field. But if given seven separate Lakers vs X bets, I would take the Lakers in each one.If that makes any sense.
(I don't think the Suns matchup well against the Lakers. I have no idea how the season series went though.)
Absolutely correct. If this series happens, it will be the Lakers' easiest series. They NEED Robin Lopez to have any chance in this series.Predictions:I have no idea who will win any West Series, except Utah and/or Phoenix won't beat the Lakers. Anything else could happen.East:May it be stricken from the record that I ever said Boston will win the East...Unless they do, then I said it.
May it be stricken from the record that I ever said Boston will win the East...Unless they do, then I said it.
You did say if they get the #2 seed, but not if they're the #4. So I think you're covered.

Simmons picking against the Celts in round one. Classic reverse jinx attempt.I like that the pundits are finally picking up on the fact that Miami plays great D. They have a good chance to upset Boston. They can't beat Cleveland though so it's all a bit pointless but I would not mind going to see Lebron play in Round Two. Just got my tickets for Game 3 of Heat/Cetlics.

Simmons picking against the Celts in round one. Classic reverse jinx attempt.I like that the pundits are finally picking up on the fact that Miami plays great D. They have a good chance to upset Boston. They can't beat Cleveland though so it's all a bit pointless but I would not mind going to see Lebron play in Round Two. Just got my tickets for Game 3 of Heat/Cetlics.
God I just hate Bill Simmons for picking Miami. Then if the C's win he's never gonna shut up about his reverse jinx. I really wish Miami did a slightly better job of losing to the nets in the last game so we could have an easy series against the Bucks. As is I'm quite worried, we've done well against the Heat but Wade is the best player in that series, which never bodes well for the other team. Still I think the only team Boston reallly matches up poorly against is Atlanta (in the young/athletic department, Jermaine O'Neal can't really run the break with Wade) and that won't potentially be a problem until the conference finals. If we beat Miami we're going to need Ray Allen to fire on all cylinders against Cleveland to get by, as I think that's the only big mismatch in our favour.Still, whatever happens I can't complain because I saw two of my favourite players join my favourite team and bring a championship. Now if only Rasheed was benched/too injured to play and I would be the ecstatic.

I politely retract my statement that the Heat could beat Boston. As soon as they clamp down on Wade, everything goes to pieces offensively. Chalmers and Haslem just cant get it done......and Beasley is still too lost out there.No way Boston gets by Cleveland though playing like that.

Still, whatever happens I can't complain because I saw two of my favourite players join my favourite team and bring a championship.
KG might be my least favorite player in the league. What a jackass. And way to get yourself suspended.This weekend didn't change my mind about any of the first round match-ups.
KG might be my least favorite player in the league. What a jackass. And way to get yourself suspended.This weekend didn't change my mind about any of the first round match-ups.
I totally agree with this. I think KG might actually be mentally unstable and actually is a nutcase.
I totally agree with this. I think KG might actually be mentally unstable and actually is a nutcase.
the east has been chippy for a while now - the last celtics cavs game of the season promised more to come
Maybe, but he's fun to watch on your own team! He's like a more talented version of the James Posey/Joakim Noah/Anderson Varejao mould where you hate him unless he plays for you.And watching a younger Ray Allen was always a joy for me
Maybe, but he's fun to watch on your own team! He's like a more talented version of the James Posey/Joakim Noah/Anderson Varejao mould where you hate him unless he plays for you.And watching a younger Ray Allen was always a joy for me
Interesting article on Yahoo about KG and how much of an idiot he is.http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_d...?urn=nba,235155

"They were telling me I can't make jump shots," James said. "They asked me to shoot a jumper so I did that. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again."

The level of competitiveness in this Nuggets Jazz game is astounding.
What a great game.I just love the way Utah plays.I'm rooting a bit for Utah to win the draft lottery with the pick they own from the Knicks. I would love a team coached by Sloan to have another top end talent.
What a great game.I just love the way Utah plays.I'm rooting a bit for Utah to win the draft lottery with the pick they own from the Knicks. I would love a team coached by Sloan to have another top end talent.
Is that an unprotected pick?
Is that an unprotected pick?
Yup, totally unprotected.If I recall correctly the Knicks traded it away as part of the Marbury trade and it's finally run out of all the lottery protection. Utah didn't get it directly from the Knicks but as part of another deal which I'm too lazy to look up.