****2010 Nba Playoffs Official Thread****

Yeah, you guys need to go to the link I posted above that breaks down the Lakers versus the zone. Short story: the Lakers can kill it, but they get lazy and stop doing what works. I'd rather see Luke Walton in there instead of Artest against this defense (and because Artest's defense isn't as crucial against the Suns).Also, the Lakers don't need a PG to break down the zone; Kobe can do it just fine.
I cant believe I am saying this but I think playing Luke Walton is a great idea. The Lakers need good passing to beat the zone since Kobe is the only one who can do it off the dribble.
  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the rules allowing the zone have been in place for a long time now. Stop being a homer, poppy.
What difference does that make?I can't think rationally right now. Lost two winnable games, Pau's soft, Kobe's getting STUPID MANICURES AND PHIL'S LEAVING!!! I CANT TAKE IT
Playing zone exclusively in the playoffs because you're team isn't good enough...DOUCHE!
maybe they're playing it exclusively bc the lakers aren't good/smart enough to beat it?what a terrible idea!
Playing zone exclusively in the playoffs because you're team isn't good enough...DOUCHE!
i'll assume this is a joke/ loosen up. Once they lose a home game then complain
Maybe I'm ignorant, but what's wrong or illegal with playing zone?
when you've been spoiled with winning for so many years, you tend to come up with ridic excuses and reasoning as to why your team isnt. esp if you are an LA Laker fanedit: these reasons cannot criticize your beloved players or coach
I'm going to need to hear what Wes Helms thinks first.
Well done guys, I laughed at both of these.

I think you guys missed this part of Poppy's post:

I can't think rationally right now.
He's just venting.But, is the effectiveness of the zone being overblown? The Lakers still scored 106 and 109 on the road. I don't think we should've expected them to average 120+ for the whole series.
I think you guys missed this part of Poppy's post:He's just venting.But, is the effectiveness of the zone being overblown? The Lakers still scored 106 and 109 on the road. I don't think we should've expected them to average 120+ for the whole series.
Phil Jackson said in the post game interview that the zone isn't hurting them because they still shot 49 percent and scored 109 points. But they scored 120+ and shot 58 percent against man defense. No, the effectiveness of the zone is not being overblown. The Lakers can't beat the suns only scoring 109 points.
Why is that piece of arrogant shit Joey Crawford still reffing games that matter ?I so hate NBA officials.
As long as it's not a Spurs game, he's one of their top guys, I think.
As long as it's not a Spurs game, he's one of their top guys, I think.
I don't buy that at all.He's an arrogant piece of shit who has a super short fuse and loves the attention and tries to make the game all about him.If he's one of the top guys that's a pretty damning statement on the quality of NBA officials.
I don't buy that at all.He's an arrogant piece of shit who has a super short fuse and loves the attention and tries to make the game all about him.If he's one of the top guys that's a pretty damning statement on the quality of NBA officials.
Did you see the Perkins fouls/ejection? How much more damning can you get?
He's an arrogant piece of shit who has a super short fuse and loves the attention and tries to make the game all about him.
Very accurate.However, Perkins is borderline on getting a tech on every foul called against him, so it's going to happen no matter who the official is. There's a reason he's got 7 techs in the playoffs.
Did you see the Perkins fouls/ejection? How much more damning can you get?
The 2nd tech was super weak.I think Boston might be in trouble in this series. It's like the light bulb went off for Orlando. The pressure on Game 6 is intense.....though I guess Boston is a super veteran team. At least we are getting some excitement.
qfthe comes from referee royalty and acts like people care about seeing him gesticulate wildly and be a douche bag. Also, he is notorious for sticking it to the home team because he loves having the crowd boo him. they should have perma-banned him after the Duncan crap.
He thinks he's part of the show and dances at half time.
Very accurate.However, Perkins is borderline on getting a tech on every foul called against him, so it's going to happen no matter who the official is. There's a reason he's got 7 techs in the playoffs.
I made my post after the Rondo tech which was vintage Joey Crawford. Rondo is calmly discussing something with another ref and Joey jumps in all agitated and warms him to shut up. He has no business even in the conversation but here's this bald sweating idiot getting all crazy and warning Rondo. I think Rondo while turning into a great player is an idiot but I don't blame him for saying something, how can you not when this fool Joey is all foaming at the mouth and he gets a tech.

Hey, can we refer to him just as Crawford? I don't need the great name of Joey to be sullied any further.I watched some of that game last night. The only thing that made it bearable was the score. I would've T'd up Rondo too if I was Crawford. Here's what happens: Rondo gets called for the offensive foul, he immediately points down to say that Nelson was inside the circle, Nelson wasn't even close to being inside the circle, the call stands. Why is he going back to the ref to ask him again about being in the circle? What's the purpose here? The refs know the rule and there is zero chance that Rondo was looking at Nelson's feet when that play happened. That's the sort of thing that would piss me off too if I was a ref. I also would've T'd up Perkins. He wasn't walking away from it like the announcers kept saying, he was stomping off pouting. The only reason he gets any leeway on that is because it takes him out of the game, but it's still a deserving T.Of course, I also would've T'd up Pierce for all his "OH THE PAIN!" theatrics. I'd like the NBA to institute a rule that if you lay on the ground for longer than X seconds, you have to get taken off the court in a stretcher. Maybe Pierce can get his wheelchair grandfather claused in.God, I hate the Celtics.Oh, I would've T'd up Barnes too for his stupid little elbow. But the reason Garnett didn't go after him isn't because he was being disciplined, it's because he's a big pussy who is all bark and no bite.Who else can I go after? Big Baby, you...well, you practically got knocked the fuck out. I'll let you slide this time.

So word on the street is the officials tonight are Marc Davis, Bob Delaney, and Bennett Salvatore. Two alleged "company" and "home" refs. I don't believe in the company stuff, but I'm certainly happy about this. Except for Salvatore a little, he never gives Kobe any calls.