• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this league. I love you guys.
Group hug?Btw...I'm driving right now so my pick may take 10-15 mins after serge picks two guys.
I love this league. I love you guys.
yeah me too haha.I sat down last night at like 10 PM to check the draft and make a final decision on my picks for rounds 16 and 17, and I ended up spending 3+ hours reading about prospects, potential picks, other various fantasy baseball knowledge. And I still changed my mind about 3 times on my 16th round pick while standing in the shower this morning. I keep trying to chat with friends/family/girlfriend about baseball players and starting lineups and stuff, and I just get blank stares, lol.

FYI Dale. I had Stanton all teed up until you messed me updecided to go with Alvarez and the proven Ross.

I would prefer to keep the first entry draft in May and at the same prices. Changing rules in the middle of a draft would not be my preference.I think our problem is that there are to many reserve spots which allows you to stash and hide prospects without to much consequence. My suggestion is to limit each team on drafting players that have played zero MLB games to one per roster.

I would prefer to keep the first entry draft in May and at the same prices. Changing rules in the middle of a draft would not be my preference.I think our problem is that there are to many reserve spots which allows you to stash and hide prospects without to much consequence. My suggestion is to limit each team on drafting players that have played zero MLB games to one per roster.
Sadly too late to do that since some teams have more than 1 already.
Anyone have a problem with changing the May draft to 3 rounds? Maybe...drop the cap hit to $2/$1/$0.50. Some will say the first-rounds should be less than $2. If that's the majority, I won't fight it, but I disagree. The top 5-10 picks from the last 2 drafts are available, and will likely be taken. Why should they go for less than $2?
Im not sure what all this is about, but keep in mind one thing I havent noticed.There is a difference in getting a player in a farm draft and getting a player in this draft. Once you have him on the farm, he doesnt take up a roster and you have time to watch him grow before deciding if he is worthy of the spot.Im not sure if we have too many bench spots and people will choose to stack those futures there, but IMO, its ok that the farm guys will have higher salaries, because you will most likely bring him up in his prime....Also, I am really AGAINST changing rules such as deciding to move guys from main roster to farm.
FYI Dale. I had Stanton all teed up until you messed me updecided to go with Alvarez and the proven Ross.
I like both your picks, Serge. Alvarez was on my short list.I'm picking now...I hope I disappoint a few people.
Im not sure what all this is about, but keep in mind one thing I havent noticed.There is a difference in getting a player in a farm draft and getting a player in this draft. Once you have him on the farm, he doesnt take up a roster and you have time to watch him grow before deciding if he is worthy of the spot.Im not sure if we have too many bench spots and people will choose to stack those futures there, but IMO, its ok that the farm guys will have higher salaries, because you will most likely bring him up in his prime....Also, I am really AGAINST changing rules such as deciding to move guys from main roster to farm.
I think the only issue I see is that come next month, there aren't any prospects left. lolDon't worry, nothing is going to happen.
I like both your picks, Serge. Alvarez was on my short list.I'm picking now...I hope I disappoint a few people.
3B David Freese STL
Yeah, in 5 years, that's the kind of contract that is going to make it hard to replace people in this league if some drop out. That's a compliment...I think.Anyone have a problem with changing the May draft to 3 rounds? Maybe...drop the cap hit to $2/$1/$0.50. Some will say the first-rounds should be less than $2. If that's the majority, I won't fight it, but I disagree. The top 5-10 picks from the last 2 drafts are available, and will likely be taken. Why should they go for less than $2?
I started with Henrik Tallinder, Nick Boynton, Jason Allison and Francois Bouillon in the AHL. I don't think any potential new owner will EVER be that handicapped from the start. :club:

My pick is in too. Really tough choice, since I'm certain the other guy won't get around to me. I'll definitely be talking trade with whoever picks him, or someone with a pick very soon who might swap it to me for a later one, and maybe I'll give an upgrade later in the draft.Jesus Montero - C - YankeesI was hoping guys like this, who won't be ready for a year or two at least, wouldn't go in this draft. Seems apparent that he'd be gone in no time though, so I had to snap him up. This is more of an upside play - he'll make the majors, but it could take one year or 3, and it might not be at catcher. If he stays at catcher, he has the potential to spend the last 3-4 years of his FCPBL contract in the first year.

I don't know anything about prospects so I'm going to continue my way of picking well known players. WEEEEEE

My suggestion is as soon as the MLB completes this years draft, we do a 3 round draft based on the order set out. Us guys at the back end of the draft have to be rewarded in some way, to be fair.Then do a regular 5 round draft in October.As for Callaspo: Indifferent. The pick didn't knock my socks off but it's intriguing.
I have to disagree here. Picking first in the snake draft is nowhere near as valuable as picking first in the entry draft if we include the 2010 draft. I think if the initial entry draft includes the 2010 draft then we should have it after October and be based on standings. I don't think there is much value in picking first in this snake draft since the last in first round picks first in second round

Not as many players as you think have been chosen that have no MLB experience. I am not sure if there is anybody but Heyward in the auction draft and as far as i can see only Stanton, Alvarez, Wallace, Santana and Montero in the snake draft.Guys like Desmond, Freese, Laporta, STubbs, Clement and Blanks have all played MLB games.If we do something like limiting each roster from picking no more than two players (excluding Heyward since he was taken in the auction draft and everyone had a shot at him) in the snake draft who have played zero MLB games then I think that would help

Not as many players as you think have been chosen that have no MLB experience. I am not sure if there is anybody but Heyward in the auction draft and as far as i can see only Stanton, Alvarez, Wallace, Santana and Montero in the snake draft.Guys like Desmond, Freese, Laporta, STubbs, Clement and Blanks have all played MLB games.If we do something like limiting each roster from picking no more than two players (excluding Heyward since he was taken in the auction draft and everyone had a shot at him) in the snake draft who have played zero MLB games then I think that would help
The problem with that us you'd be changing the rule in the middle of the draft and I already asked who was eligible.