I hope yahoo fixes Sean Rodriguez' eligibility before the 9th. They list him as a 2b in the player profile, but he is currently only eligible for OF on the roster page.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More info on Bryce Harper that I've found.He holds the record for the longest measured homerun at Tropicana Field at 502 feet. He was 16 when he hit it during a HR derby. Mind you, he would've been using a lumi, but still..!His wiki page says he's called "the Lebron James of baseball"He pitches too, and has been clocked at 96 MPH.Also, I believe he's represented by Scott Boras. I haven't decided if this is good or bad yet. It might deter the Nats from drafting him, as Boras-represented Stephen Strasburg took them down to the last minute in a record negotiation. They may want to avoid that again. The Pirates draft 2nd and they're cash strapped too. The Orioles draft 3rd and already have Wieters, but could they pass on him? The Royals draft 4th. I think I'm hoping he goes there.

sorry guys..just finished with my client at the branch..Going home and should have two picks in the next half hour or so...Thanks

[

l2read
Too lazy.
More info on Bryce Harper that I've found.He holds the record for the longest measured homerun at Tropicana Field at 502 feet. He was 16 when he hit it during a HR derby. Mind you, he would've been using a lumi, but still..!His wiki page says he's called "the Lebron James of baseball"He pitches too, and has been clocked at 96 MPH.Also, I believe he's represented by Scott Boras. I haven't decided if this is good or bad yet. It might deter the Nats from drafting him, as Boras-represented Stephen Strasburg took them down to the last minute in a record negotiation. They may want to avoid that again. The Pirates draft 2nd and they're cash strapped too. The Orioles draft 3rd and already have Wieters, but could they pass on him? The Royals draft 4th. I think I'm hoping he goes there.
Heh, I read that too. His wiki page reads like it is written by Boras. He might be the first person in history with eligibility at 2B and Catcher if that's to be believed!Being represented by Boras is bad, no question about it. It won't matter since, like Strasburg, whoever has to pay will pay, and will get him on the field. Still, it is bad. I automatically lose a ton of respect for any prospect represented by him.Harper will be a star, I have no doubt about that. Whether it is in 2011 or 2014, I am less sure.
[Too lazy.Heh, I read that too. His wiki page reads like it is written by Boras. He might be the first person in history with eligibility at 2B and Catcher if that's to be believed!Being represented by Boras is bad, no question about it. It won't matter since, like Strasburg, whoever has to pay will pay, and will get him on the field. Still, it is bad. I automatically lose a ton of respect for any prospect represented by him.Harper will be a star, I have no doubt about that. Whether it is in 2011 or 2014, I am less sure.
Craig Biggio
I took Daric Barton. Danny is up now.
lol nice. I am taking the guy who will replace Daric Barton in 3 months :icon_biggrin:edit - wow, I didn't realize Barton qualified at catcher. That could be huge.

I am just going over my roster and very happy with my team...Except didnt realize Jermaine Dye was bought out and doesnt have a team to play for..no big deal i guess..

i have actually managed to fill all my starting spots with all major leauge starting players for the most part...I think i have a one platoon player..Very happy with my powerhouse.

Mr Commish:Is there a place on the new yahoo site, that shows salaries?Thanks btw its amazing the work you guys are doing...Awesomeness

LIFE TILT, baker was my next pick but wanted to sneak Headley in first jfaoipd jsdo;fisdjfio;

LIFE TILT, baker was my next pick but wanted to sneak Headley in first jfaoipd jsdo;fisdjfio;
wee...I like when that happens , means i may have made a good pick..I needed a catcher, and with all the ones left I figured he is one of the better ones thats not over 35
I took Daric Barton. Danny is up now.
Dale:Yahoo profile shows him as 1B/C but he is only 1B eligible on Yahoo. According to my other database, Barton does NOT qualify at catcher
Mr Commish:Is there a place on the new yahoo site, that shows salaries?Thanks btw its amazing the work you guys are doing...Awesomeness
No. As posted before (you people need to read! lol :club:) yahoo doesn't handle our salaries and you can't create an auction draft without having a full auction. Hence all the crap about having two leagues and all this other BS.The team pages that I posted is keeping up with your cap situation. It will be up to date after each round. Adam is working on spreadsheets for us to keep tabs on. If you want ask him to email it to you. Though in all honesty you should all be keeping some kind of record of your team in an excel type file.
wee...I like when that happens , means i may have made a good pick..I needed a catcher, and with all the ones left I figured he is one of the better ones thats not over 35
lol, nobody has complained about any of my picks.. I guess that means my team is going to suck :club:

I laughed when I saw Inge taken. I have a huge man crush on him but I don't think I would have taken him. He strikes out way too often, he is a career .230 guy so he won't get you many hits, and until he can put two actual 20+ HR seasons together, not 2 in his career 3 years apart, then I will believe he has consistent power. If we got points for awesome fielding though, he is a top 25 pick!