Can we have the entry draft moved until after the MLB entry draft? With all entry draft eligible players being taken now, it's making an actual 1st round pick, more like a 27th round pick. At least if we were able to select the best of 2010's group, then it'll make a 1st rounder feel as though it has more bite. Plus, guys picked in the last round of the main draft will be worth $0.50. Then we go into the entry draft where it's even shittier guys being picked and they earn $2.00? Doesn't seem right.
I was thinking about that as well the other day and I don't think you are wrong. Crazy talk but skip the May draft and do one in October and allow each team to place up to 3 of their current rosters into the farm team?EDIT: But we have to specify which type of player. Can't be putting someone like Albert into your farm. Like less than 10 MLB games played which means if he is on game 9 you will have to decide whether to farm him or keep him up.
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apologies in advance if I try taking someone who has already been picked. I have my roster and positions at home and have no clue what positions I need to draft so I'm going off memory.

I was thinking about that as well the other day and I don't think you are wrong. Crazy talk but skip the May draft and do one in October and allow each team to place up to 3 of their current rosters into the farm team?
Good idea. PLus maybe do 7 rounds in october instead of 5?
apologies in advance if I try taking someone who has already been picked. I have my roster and positions at home and have no clue what positions I need to draft so I'm going off memory.
You're good!
I was thinking about that as well the other day and I don't think you are wrong. Crazy talk but skip the May draft and do one in October and allow each team to place up to 3 of their current rosters into the farm team?
I wouldn't have a huge problem with this except for maybe one thing. I'm slated to pick 2nd in the May draft, but if we drop it, do I still get 2nd in the October? Or would it go by this years standings?
I wouldn't have a huge problem with this except for maybe one thing. I'm slated to pick 2nd in the May draft, but if we drop it, do I still get 2nd in the October? Or would it go by this years standings?
Check my edit as well.How are you slated to pick second. I thought douchegator said it was reverse order for the entry draft.
Check my edit as well.How are you slated to pick second. I thought douchegator said it was reverse order for the entry draft.
Hmmm, I was under the impression that Serge went 1st in the Round 15-26 draft, and goes last in the May draft.I pick 2nd last in the Round 15-26, so 2nd in the May.
Hmmm, I was under the impression that Serge went 1st in the Round 15-26 draft, and goes last in the May draft.I pick 2nd last in the Round 15-26, so 2nd in the May.
Yes you are right for a minute I confused you with John. My bad.
I love it that Danny has been around all morning and the minute it's his time to pick he disappears.
This could be bad.100% true story: Danny is the only person in the history of the FCHL to have back to back picks, make his 1st pick, and then make his 2nd pick 24 hours later.
I love it that Danny has been around all morning and the minute it's his time to pick he disappears.
I want to stick needles in my eyes.
Thanks for your thoughts. I have high hopes for Prado, and Callaspo as a mini-Prado. Both could easily bust. Plus, they could both lose their extra position eligibility with a good season. I totally agree about Callaspo, he looks great, but there has to be a reason no one anywhere is high on the guy. I guess when no one is willing to pencil you in for a starting spot on Kansas City's infield after a .300 season...there are some questions :club:
In my 12 team dynasty league that is currently drafting, Callaspo just went in the 24th round.
Can we have the entry draft moved until after the MLB entry draft? With all entry draft eligible players being taken now, it's making an actual 1st round pick, more like a 27th round pick. At least if we were able to select the best of 2010's group, then it'll make a 1st rounder feel as though it has more bite. Plus, guys picked in the last round of the main draft will be worth $0.50. Then we go into the entry draft where it's even shittier guys being picked and they earn $2.00? Doesn't seem right.
The MLB draft is in June. So I assume you're suggesting we do it after this season, so it is based on this year's results? If so, it would mean people did not have farm players to call up for this year.Doing it this way means its more likely everyone has a couple firsts, which is helpful for future call-ups.I agree that the guys going in the first round will be less valuable than the guys going in this draft, but not all that much. After all, having a guy on your farm is much better than on your roster.I would guess no more than 1-2 of the top-10 picks in the last two drafts get taken by teams in this draft, because they won't be ready for years. Unlike the NHL where guys jump right in, baseball players usually take 3-5 years to play after they're drafted.In the end, though I agree it was a little weird to be paying $2 more for a worse guy with a first-round pick, then nabbing him for $0.50 in this auction, it was a risk and weirdness that is even for all of us. If you think a prospect is so awesome he'd be a first-rounder, then it is your risk to take him now and have him on your roster. And you might have to pay him $1.50 because who knows who else is looking at that guy!
Ha, I check in every hour or so, since I'm at work.
This could be bad.100% true story: Danny is the only person in the history of the FCHL to have back to back picks, make his 1st pick, and then make his 2nd pick 24 hours later.
Awesome. I had clicked to reply, then saw this post and decided it would be best (to avoid murder) to make my pick BEFORE replying.
I was thinking about that as well the other day and I don't think you are wrong. Crazy talk but skip the May draft and do one in October and allow each team to place up to 3 of their current rosters into the farm team?EDIT: But we have to specify which type of player. Can't be putting someone like Albert into your farm. Like less than 10 MLB games played which means if he is on game 9 you will have to decide whether to farm him or keep him up.
That would be a big change. If that's the rule, then I want to change my last pick! I think if you do that, then you'll see a ton of farm-eligible players go off the board in the next few rounds, and probably would change what a lot of us did in the last few rounds.
In my 12 team dynasty league that is currently drafting, Callaspo just went in the 24th round.
Yay? Boo?
Serge is up.
Stanton is a good pick.Danny: Stanton is the 3rd player I was going to send you but withdrew him at the last moment. He has the potential, no question, but would prefer to have him on the farm. I went with prospects who are gonna play this year. (Stubbs, LaPorta)

My suggestion is as soon as the MLB completes this years draft, we do a 3 round draft based on the order set out. Us guys at the back end of the draft have to be rewarded in some way, to be fair.Then do a regular 5 round draft in October.As for Callaspo: Indifferent. The pick didn't knock my socks off but it's intriguing.

Stanton is a good pick.Danny: Stanton is the 3rd player I was going to send you but withdrew him at the last moment. He has the potential, no question, but would prefer to have him on the farm. I went with prospects who are gonna play this year. (Stubbs, LaPorta)
Stanton is who I would've picked, if we were able to send players down, as per my last post.It was actually very close between him, Gardner and one other player. I hate Gardner, but the hype is that he has a full-time slot locked up. As a 26-year old, if he is actually able to keep that spot for a few years (at this point, there's a decent chance he doesn't even make the trade deadline), he could be an absurd value.I really like Stanton, but apparently he's a big power/big K guy. Might be frustrating on the roster for the first couple years :club:
My suggestion is as soon as the MLB completes this years draft, we do a 3 round draft based on the order set out. Us guys at the back end of the draft have to be rewarded in some way, to be fair.Then do a regular 5 round draft in October.
That makes sense. Rewarding guys at the back end is a must, IMO. I still think the back-enders get the best part of this deal, but it'll depend I guess on how many Stanton's and Santana's get taken!

I had originally planned on spending all my cap at the auction and going with only the 23 minimum. Because I was able to save some cap at the auction I figure I can spend it on a few quality prospects like Stanton and if he sits on my bench for a year or three then that's ok with me because it seems like he's a keeper from everything I've read.Gardiner seems like a good pick because of his speed and the fact that he bats left in the new Yankee stadium. I smell a lot of extra base hits.

Give me a few minutes. I m not at a comp. Someone post the link to the site please. Make it easier

I had originally planned on spending all my cap at the auction and going with only the 23 minimum. Because I was able to save some cap at the auction I figure I can spend it on a few quality prospects like Stanton and if he sits on my bench for a year or three then that's ok with me because it seems like he's a keeper from everything I've read.Gardiner seems like a good pick because of his speed and the fact that he bats left in the new Yankee stadium. I smell a lot of extra base hits.
Yeah, in 5 years, that's the kind of contract that is going to make it hard to replace people in this league if some drop out. That's a compliment...I think.Anyone have a problem with changing the May draft to 3 rounds? Maybe...drop the cap hit to $2/$1/$0.50. Some will say the first-rounds should be less than $2. If that's the majority, I won't fight it, but I disagree. The top 5-10 picks from the last 2 drafts are available, and will likely be taken. Why should they go for less than $2?