Nuclear Scientists1. $14 Hanley Ramírez 2. $5 Derrek Lee 3. $4.50 Seattle Pitching4. $6 Kevin Youkilis 5. $7.75 Matt Wieters 6. $4.50 Ian Stewart 7. $1.75 Chris Davis 8. $1.50 Scott Sizemore 9. $2.50 Mike Napoli 10. $0.75 Garrett Jones 11. $1.75 Todd Helton 12. $3.50 Miguel Tejada 13. $2.25 J.D. Drew 14. $0.75 Juan RiveraCame up with some strategy for an auction draft, and basically had my team lined out before the auction even started. Had a small list of about 30 players I was really high on, and everyone else I just passed, or if I felt the value was far too high for some of these players I let them go. Having cap room to wiggle around was imperative, as flexibility brings more opportunities. Obtaining Matt Wieters, Ian Stewart, Seattle Pitching, Hanley Ramirez, and Chris Davis were key. I was willing to overbid on these players. Garrett Jones at $0.75 seems like highway robbery. Also I'm quite happy with how reasonable Derrek Lee's contract is given the nature of how early he was nominated, when money was just flying out the window.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$12.25 Prince Fielder $7 Curtis Granderson$8 Carlos Lee $8 Brandon Phillips$5.50 Andre Ethier$5.25 Adam Dunn$4 Torii Hunter $3.75 Carlos Peña$4 Dan Uggla$.25 Alex Avila$1.50 Juan Pierre $1.75 Orlando Cabrera $.75 Austin Jackson $.25Kevin Kouzmanoff I think I paid Prince the right price. Should be good for a few more years.I do wish I was a little younger. Phillips was probably not a smart one at that cost.I like Pierre at $1.50I like Kouzmanoff at .25 a lot. Guy is a 80 RBI guy and fairly young.I really wish I had a plan.

Newmarket Hurricanes Auction (in FCBL $)$12.25 - Albert Pujols$12.25 - Ryan Howard$7.75 - Adrian Gonzalez$5.75 - Kendry Morales$5.50 - Manny Ramirez$5.50 - Jason Heyward$4.00 - Carlos Quentin$2.25 - Jose Lopez$2.25 - Alexei Ramirez$1.00 - Chipper Jones$0.25 - Travis Hafner$0.25 - Cameron Maybin$2.50 - LOS ANGELES DODGERS$0.25 - CHICAGO CUBSI went into the auction with very little strategy. I'm in a couple of baseball dynasty leagues that have already drafted so I'm familiar with most prospects and grapefruit league happenings, so I wasn't too worried. I was surprised (pleasantly) by the amount of knowledge that the others had towards baseball kiddies and training camp position battles.Using the point system our league came up with, you can see that there were 17 players last year who amassed over 500 points. 2nd on that list is Prince Fielder with 576 pts. Albert Pujols was 1st with 716 pts. The disparity between Pujols and the rest of the league is so great that I was determined to get Phat Albert at whatever the cost. I wound up winning him as the 1st player nominated for $49 ($12.25 in FCBL $). I was prepared to go to $80 or more, and was shocked when the bidding stopped at $49. Maybe I'm missing something, but in FCHL, with a lower starting salary cap ($65 ave), and a bigger roster size, some players are paid over $20, with most superstars making $18-$22. So Albert at $12.25 = probable 5 year extension. I'm actually kinda hoping he gets hurt this year.The rest of the draft went well. There are a lot of positions available for 1B's, so I grabbed as many as I could, and I got some good ones. Getting Heyward was imperative. I didn't know what the rest of the league thought of him, and when I was in a bidding war with John, I knew I had to hold on tight as it was gonna be a long bumpy ride. Again, I was surprised to see him stop at $22. I may love this pick, I may hate it, but that's why we play this game.I was very impressed with the Yahoo auction software. Thanks to the 3 headed commish group who got this going and made it happen.
Pujols was interesting. I was very confident he was way too cheap at $49. Value-wise, I was willing to go above $60, an didn't expect to get him unless I was willing to go $75 or so. I made a conscious decision not to spend more than $50 or so on one player...for the same reason I didn't trade Stastny a couple years back in the FCHL. It would've been less fun! For me, it wouldn't be as much fun to build my team like that.Then again, if I knew I could have got Pujols at $50, and still ended up with Adrian Gonzalez and others, I might change my tune!Unless he really regresses, don't see how Pujols isn't a resign, maybe even to a max deal.

Overpaid Bobbleheads1. Ichiro Suzuki $7.752. Jason Bay $7.753. Gordon Beckham $5.754. Bobby Abreu $4.505. David Ortiz $3.006. Chris Coghlan $3.507. Ryan Doumit $3.008. Julio Borbón $3.259. Chone Figgins $4.2510. Elvis Andrus $3.2511. Michael Bourn $2.0012. Alfonso Soriano $1.2513. Vladimir Guerrero $3.0014. Phillies pitching $3.50Total remaining $29I went into the draft with no strategy and it shows with who I picked. I didn't spend too much on one individual guy and I have some question marks. There's lots of money left for spending in the future. I also got too carried away with taking the mid of the pack guys early but I do think I got some good deals. I should have looked closer at the point system before draft but really didn't think about it.

Nuclear Scientists1. $14 Hanley Ramírez 2. $5 Derrek Lee 3. $4.50 Seattle Pitching4. $6 Kevin Youkilis 5. $7.75 Matt Wieters 6. $4.50 Ian Stewart 7. $1.75 Chris Davis 8. $1.50 Scott Sizemore 9. $2.50 Mike Napoli 10. $0.75 Garrett Jones 11. $1.75 Todd Helton 12. $3.50 Miguel Tejada 13. $2.25 J.D. Drew 14. $0.75 Juan RiveraCame up with some strategy for an auction draft, and basically had my team lined out before the auction even started. Had a small list of about 30 players I was really high on, and everyone else I just passed, or if I felt the value was far too high for some of these players I let them go. Having cap room to wiggle around was imperative, as flexibility brings more opportunities. Obtaining Matt Wieters, Ian Stewart, Seattle Pitching, Hanley Ramirez, and Chris Davis were key. I was willing to overbid on these players. Garrett Jones at $0.75 seems like highway robbery. Also I'm quite happy with how reasonable Derrek Lee's contract is given the nature of how early he was nominated, when money was just flying out the window.
I also thought Jones was a steal. He wasn't a target of mine, and I had nothing to spend, and I still almost went $1 on him. I'm sure you would've outbid me, but letting you have him without even putting in a bid was lousy. That will be a nice contract.I think you went too high on Wieters and Stewart. I do think you will be one of the best teams this year, with guys like Lee, Helton, Tejada and Drew probably being undervalued in the first year of a keeper league.
I also thought Jones was a steal. He wasn't a target of mine, and I had nothing to spend, and I still almost went $1 on him. I'm sure you would've outbid me, but letting you have him without even putting in a bid was lousy. That will be a nice contract.I think you went too high on Wieters and Stewart. I do think you will be one of the best teams this year, with guys like Lee, Helton, Tejada and Drew probably being undervalued in the first year of a keeper league.
Yeah I know I did, especially on Wieters, but both will be part of the cornerstones to the franchise. Also, I was willing to go higher on Wieters due to my hunch of where he'll land in scoring for Catchers this pool year, which should give me a cheaper long term deal. Still some VERY good pick ups available, so it will be interesting to see how the rest of the rounds go.
Newmarket Hurricanes Auction (in FCBL $)$12.25 - Albert Pujols$12.25 - Ryan Howard$7.75 - Adrian Gonzalez$5.75 - Kendry Morales$5.50 - Manny Ramirez$5.50 - Jason Heyward$4.00 - Carlos Quentin$2.25 - Jose Lopez$2.25 - Alexei Ramirez$1.00 - Chipper Jones$0.25 - Travis Hafner$0.25 - Cameron Maybin$2.50 - LOS ANGELES DODGERS$0.25 - CHICAGO CUBSI went into the auction with very little strategy. I'm in a couple of baseball dynasty leagues that have already drafted so I'm familiar with most prospects and grapefruit league happenings, so I wasn't too worried. I was surprised (pleasantly) by the amount of knowledge that the others had towards baseball kiddies and training camp position battles.Using the point system our league came up with, you can see that there were 17 players last year who amassed over 500 points. 2nd on that list is Prince Fielder with 576 pts. Albert Pujols was 1st with 716 pts. The disparity between Pujols and the rest of the league is so great that I was determined to get Phat Albert at whatever the cost. I wound up winning him as the 1st player nominated for $49 ($12.25 in FCBL $). I was prepared to go to $80 or more, and was shocked when the bidding stopped at $49. Maybe I'm missing something, but in FCHL, with a lower starting salary cap ($65 ave), and a bigger roster size, some players are paid over $20, with most superstars making $18-$22. So Albert at $12.25 = probable 5 year extension. I'm actually kinda hoping he gets hurt this year.The rest of the draft went well. There are a lot of positions available for 1B's, so I grabbed as many as I could, and I got some good ones. Getting Heyward was imperative. I didn't know what the rest of the league thought of him, and when I was in a bidding war with John, I knew I had to hold on tight as it was gonna be a long bumpy ride. Again, I was surprised to see him stop at $22. I may love this pick, I may hate it, but that's why we play this game.I was very impressed with the Yahoo auction software. Thanks to the 3 headed commish group who got this going and made it happen.
I was going higher on Albert but I got caught off guard with how fast bidding got when it is at $40+. I would have gone $60+ for sure. I had to keep telling myself to forget Pujol's $49 bid when I was bidding on Teixeira. I was prepared to go to $50+ on him.
Yeah I know I did, especially on Wieters, but both will be part of the cornerstones to the franchise. Also, I was willing to go higher on Wieters due to my hunch of where he'll land in scoring for Catchers this pool year, which should give me a cheaper long term deal. Still some VERY good pick ups available, so it will be interesting to see how the rest of the rounds go.
Ah yes, if he falls out of the top tier this year (probably will), he might be a great long-term sign.

Broadway's roster Miguel Cabrera $11.75Mark Teixeira $12.25Nick Markakis $ 9Victor Martinez $ 7.75Yankee pitching $ 6.25Carlos Beltran $ 4.25Placido Polanco $ 2.25Jorge Cantu $ 2Adam Laroche $ 1.75Ryan Ludwick $ 1.5Vernon Wells $ 1.5Paul Konerko $ .25Erick Aybar $ .25Atlanta pitching $ .25Looking at the team as a whole, despite the loading up on 1B, I am happy that I have good players at every position. I also have a feeling that pitching is a lot more important than it looks. I think I will be tough to beat in that department.

thanks!my team:1. (12) Álex Rodríguez $12.252. (17) Jacoby Ellsbury $9.50 3. (19) David Wright $8.25 4. (25) Justin Upton $9 5. (62) Brian McCann $6.25 6. (77) Lance Berkman $4.25 7. (100) Álex Ríos $2.75 8. (105) Hunter Pence $3.25 9. (112) Rickie Weeks $2.50 10. (122) Franklin Gutiérrez $1.25 11. (131) Michael Cuddyer $1.75 12. (148) Magglio Ordóñez $0.75 13. (154) Maicer Izturis $0.25 14. (159) Nyjer Morgan $0.50I am pretty happy so far, despite having so many outfielders. Got 5 guys who I had in my top 40, actually got 4 of my top 15. Probably taking a pitching team with my first pick in the snake draft. I think I got decent value with all of my baby contracts at the end. A few risky players like Ordonez and Rios, but Not huge risks, considering its the 1st year and they are one-year contracts.

my team aka the champions:. (4) Ryan Braun $49 2. (14) Chase Utley $39 3. (37) Johnny Damon $19 4. (39) Aaron Hill $35 5. (41) Adam Lind $33 6. (47) Mark Reynolds $26 7. (83) Travis Snider $8 8. (85) Jorge Posada $14 9. (128) Casey Blake $4 10. (132) Mike Lowell $3 11. (137) KC PITCHERS $2 12. (142) Marco Scutaro $6 13. (144) Stephen Drew $6 14. (151) Jermaine Dye $8

Are we allowed to pick up a 3rd pitching team until 6 of us have 3 pitching teams? Like we did in year1 of FCHL with goalies?
The minimum and maximum for pitching is 2. No more, no less.
my team aka the champions:. (4) Ryan Braun $49 2. (14) Chase Utley $39 3. (37) Johnny Damon $19 4. (39) Aaron Hill $35 5. (41) Adam Lind $33 6. (47) Mark Reynolds $26 7. (83) Travis Snider $8 8. (85) Jorge Posada $14 9. (128) Casey Blake $4 10. (132) Mike Lowell $3 11. (137) KC PITCHERS $2 12. (142) Marco Scutaro $6 13. (144) Stephen Drew $6 14. (151) Jermaine Dye $8
:club: I couldn't find an icon for "this smells" but that was the closest

I did absolutely zero preparation. I purchased a fantasy magazine (Athlon)...don't even know if it's a decent one...and tried to rifle through it for decent players. I haven't watched a baseball game in years and wouldn't recognize any of my players if they delivered a pizza to my door. I've done a little more reading on many of my picks and it seems like I have some potential, but I honestly don't know. I may be a little on the young side, but again, I don't really know. I somehow came to the assumption that good pitching was a priority as well as positions like SS and C. I think I am weak at 1B but for all I know Loney may be a superstar. Anyway, here's what I ended up with:MonkeyballersBudget $2521. (21) Ryan Zimmerman $352. (27) San Francisco Pitching $253. (33) Troy Tulowitzki $374. (50) Josh Hamilton $215. (58) Miguel Montero $166. (60) Brian Roberts $227. (74) Denard Span $178. (98) Brad Hawpe $99. (108) Buster Posey $1510. (114) James Loney $1511. (120) Jay Bruce $1012. (133) Colby Rasmus $1013. (143) Alcides Escobar $1114. (152) Kelly Johnson $3Total $6Also, my 15th pick is Los Angeles Angels pitchingI'm more than happy to hear any comments on my team as a whole or any individual players...I really have no idea, but Im a very quick study ;)I think I've always been a little too reluctant to join a baseball pool for fear of becoming a stats junkie :club:

Overall, I was very happy with how things went. I didn't have a specific plan other than value, and I think I squeezed out some good value for some very important players. Unfortunately, I kind of whiffed on the whole thing about players getting a 40% raise and then 20% after...which is going to make Mauer and Pedroia impossible to sign for more than a year or two. Still, the only alternate would have been to start rebuilding right away...and I've grown a bit tired of that in the FCHL. Guess I'll have to hope for injuries.I missed a few bids from spending so much early, but from hearing the other GMs, I think I would've been outbid on the guys I had eyes on, even if I had more to spend.1. (3) Grady Sizemore $32 2. (11) Joe Mauer $47 3. (13) Carl Crawford $37 4. (24) Boston Pitching $20 5. (38) Dustin Pedroia $44 6. (45) Pablo Sandoval $28 7. (90) Asdrubal Cabrera $14 8. (103) Kurt Suzuki $10 9. (145) Martín Prado $4 10. (153) Milton Bradley $1 11. (157) Detroit Pitching $4 12. (164) Conor Jackson $1 13. (167) Rajai Davis $1 14. (168) Alberto Callaspo $1 Mauer and Pedroia are the two best position-scarcity guys. Not that scarcity means a lot in this league, but it still adds value. I think they came cheap. In fact, I think everyone on my roster is cheap. I had Boston pitching ranked first overall (side bets anyone?) and pitching will be important. Detroit pitching is a nice backup with Verlander/Scherzer, though they are on the trade block. Everything points to a Sizemore comeback. Sandoval and Suzuki should be excellent for 6 years, so long as they can stay out of Tier 1. Crawford was a little cheap, but not super.Cabrera, Prado and Suzuki - I expected to go for double what they did. I'm stoked for those deals. Bradley, Jackson and Davis are just sick bargains. Bradley is a cleanup hitter in Seattle, Davis is young and talented. Jackson is probably the best value in the whole draft.I like Prado and Callaspo - both have a ton of doubles last year, and are starting guys with MI and CI eligibility. Callaspo was a mistake, in that I could have probably got him several rounds into the draft, and used a quarter elsewhere. I'm convinced that will work out though - $0.25 for a 24-year old infielder with 40 doubles! Right now he isn't even guaranteed to start once Gordon comes back, but no way they just shelve his bat.It wasn't perfect, but I couldn't have asked for the draft to go better. Mistakes, like not going higher on Pujols, I am comfortable with the reasons I made them. I have a lot of hope, and a lot to cheer for. I have a nasty feeling Sandoval crashes down to earth, but I honestly can't believe he didn't go for $50. 24 years old, he hits .330, with power, over a whole season. I wouldn't bet on it, but he could be a Tier 1 first baseman this year, with 3B eligibility!OK, I'm getting excited now. The season hasn't started, so I feel like the Big M's. It is going to be very entertaining for all my co-GMs to watch me eat crow all season.

Picked up the Washington Staff for the future (Strasburg and Jordan Zimmerman). Flores was a futures pick as well since he's coming from an injury and the Nats will be in no hurry with I-Rod signed.I like the rest of my team as they should all contribute.I did get outbid for two prospects by Dale (Bruce, Rasmus) who have somewhat disappointed based upon the initial hype but who are both young enough that either/both could take off.Some excellent late game strategy by some of the owners to grab some premium staffs for a $1 after everyone had filled out their rosters.1. (20) Ian Kinsler $362. (28) Shin-Soo Choo $203. (32) Ben Zobrist $244. (40) Joey Votto $325. (48) Jimmy Rollins $296. (54) Aramis Ramírez $207. (63) Andrew McCutchen $228. (70) Adrián Béltre $119. (80) Nate McLouth $1310. (84) Shane Victorino $1411. (91) Nick Johnson $812. (99) Raúl Ibañez $813. (110) Jesús Flores $214. (141)Washington P $2

hoping my turn will come before 3pm...Or else you guys need to wait till after i come home tonight

If the draft takes too long, do you guys want to schedule a time where all of us can meet online and hammer out a few , or all the rounds in a couple of hours??With the Easter long weekend coming up, i am going to be pretty busy over the weekend..Just a thought