• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I was thinking about that too.Sunday evening would work for me again this week.
Sunday is Easter..Cracking eggs and eating lots of food and drinking beer and wine.

I might be busy this weekend moving into my new place (hopefully) but I'll be off this Friday

I think we need to block out a few hours on two of the next three nights and see what we can do to speed this up.
We have 12 rounds to get through, 9 days to do it and he have spent two days on round 1. so I agree. We nee to get together for a couple hours this week and hammer out as much as we can.

I'm on afternoon shift this week which means 3:30 PM - 12:30 AM I won't have internet access. If it's close to my pick, I'll PM Danny (if that's OK) with some choices. If you want to get everyone together at one time, I won't be able to make that.

I should pretty much be around anytime, other than sleeping. I would not likely be able to set aside time, but I definitely won't hold things up significantly.Jay, I appreciate your trust. I also have a pretty firm list of who I want, so anyone is welcome me to PM their choices - I won't steal them! That goes double if you are picking pitching - I'm already maxed.

Okay this is as good as it is going to get.I am not a webmaster. I don't crap about websites but I do my best. We need a place that will keep track of all the teams assets so that you know what you have and you know what other players have for trading.http://sbriand.wordpress.com/That link takes you to the FCPBL Team Pages.The home page will feature the standings for the league updated after each game day.On the sidebar you will see pagesThis pages are your team pages. It will list your cap situation for each year from now until 2014. Also listed is all of your Entry Draft picks for the next 4 years. You can trade any of these. Each year I will add another year of assets. As people trade I will update your team pages to reflect what has been received or given away. I am still looking to see if I can have individual pics for each team page so you can send me something to put on your page. I know having the message boards and this seperate will be a pain in the ass but it is the best I can do for free and with no knowledge on building a full website like the FCHL and AHL.Any suggestions, let me know.Thanks.

I PM'd 2 picks to DannyG. One for this round and one for next round. I told him that if Andre or Nick take either of the guys, then just skip my pick and go on to the next guy! I don't want to hold up the draft on account of my being at work. I'm probably the only guy in the world who doesn't have internet access at work so don't worry about it. I'll make a pick when I get home at 1 AM. Hopefully both my guys last though.

I PM'd 2 picks to DannyG. One for this round and one for next round. I told him that if Andre or Nick take either of the guys, then just skip my pick and go on to the next guy! I don't want to hold up the draft on account of my being at work. I'm probably the only guy in the world who doesn't have internet access at work so don't worry about it. I'll make a pick when I get home at 1 AM. Hopefully both my guys last though.
I'm 95% sure Nick will be taking a pitching team with his next pick. I wasn't able to get ahold of him on his lunch break, but he gets off in 2 hours. Sorry about the hold up guys. I/we will plan this better so the next several picks will be much quicker.
By the way, Steve, excellent work on the website, looks great!
yes, thank you Steve, its clear your putting in a lot of time so we could have a good experience with this pool. Much appreciated.
I'm more than happy to hear any comments on my team as a whole or any individual players...I really have no idea, but Im a very quick study ;)I think I've always been a little too reluctant to join a baseball pool for fear of becoming a stats junkie :club:
I think you've got Hawpe at a nice price, I would have pushed harder for him myself, but with two Rockies already I didn't want to be in a bad spot if they ran up against a hot pitcher. Again with Loney, good price on him and a low risk/high reward with Bruce.San Fran pitching landed around where I thought it would, fairly high, and it is a weird division so you never know. I take it you'll probably be signing Tulo and Zimmer for long term contracts and those are a couple of good guys to build up with.
Budget $2521. (21) Ryan Zimmerman $352. (27) San Francisco Pitching $253. (33) Troy Tulowitzki $374. (50) Josh Hamilton $215. (58) Miguel Montero $166. (60) Brian Roberts $227. (74) Denard Span $178. (98) Brad Hawpe $99. (108) Buster Posey $1510. (114) James Loney $1511. (120) Jay Bruce $1012. (133) Colby Rasmus $1013. (143) Alcides Escobar $1114. (152) Kelly Johnson $3Total $6Also, my 15th pick is Los Angeles Angels pitchingI'm more than happy to hear any comments on my team as a whole or any individual players...I really have no idea, but Im a very quick study ;)I think I've always been a little too reluctant to join a baseball pool for fear of becoming a stats junkie :club:
1) Had SF pitching ranked third behind Yanks and the Red Sox so I don't see great value at $25 but I think it is extremely important to be strong in pitching the way the scoring is set 2) Tulo and Montero I think you overpaid. More so Montero.3) Roberts has a bad back this spring. Good value if he is 100% but you might have a problem there.4) Hamilton is a high risk, high reward. He could be a steal at $21 if he bounces back close to 2008 level.5) Rasmus could be your best value. I wanted him but did not have the $ at that time in the draft6) Looney is a good price. His upside has been reached so what you see is what you get.7) I like Posey at that price but not for this year. Definately a pick for the future. If he makes the club he won't get 300 at bats because they resigned B Molina to a one year deal, I think, so Posey is great for 2011 and beyond.8) As far as Hawpe, always good to have a Rockie especially at $9. I wanted Gonzalez but he didn't go cheap so I passed

After this round I am instituting a 5 hour rule. If after 5 hours the pick has yet to be made it is moved on to the next person. You can cut in line at anytime to post your pick but this will need to pick up considerably for us to finish in time.And yes it would have effected me today as I didn't pick until 10 hours after the last pick.You can always PM picks to Danny to avoid any issue.

After this round I am instituting a 5 hour rule. If after 5 hours the pick has yet to be made it is moved on to the next person. You can cut in line at anytime to post your pick but this will need to pick up considerably for us to finish in time.And yes it would have effected me today as I didn't pick until 10 hours after the last pick.You can always PM picks to Danny to avoid any issue.
Does this include overnight?
I think you've got Hawpe at a nice price, I would have pushed harder for him myself, but with two Rockies already I didn't want to be in a bad spot if they ran up against a hot pitcher. Again with Loney, good price on him and a low risk/high reward with Bruce.San Fran pitching landed around where I thought it would, fairly high, and it is a weird division so you never know. I take it you'll probably be signing Tulo and Zimmer for long term contracts and those are a couple of good guys to build up with.
1) Had SF pitching ranked third behind Yanks and the Red Sox so I don't see great value at $25 but I think it is extremely important to be strong in pitching the way the scoring is set 2) Tulo and Montero I think you overpaid. More so Montero.3) Roberts has a bad back this spring. Good value if he is 100% but you might have a problem there.4) Hamilton is a high risk, high reward. He could be a steal at $21 if he bounces back close to 2008 level.5) Rasmus could be your best value. I wanted him but did not have the $ at that time in the draft6) Looney is a good price. His upside has been reached so what you see is what you get.7) I like Posey at that price but not for this year. Definately a pick for the future. If he makes the club he won't get 300 at bats because they resigned B Molina to a one year deal, I think, so Posey is great for 2011 and beyond.8) As far as Hawpe, always good to have a Rockie especially at $9. I wanted Gonzalez but he didn't go cheap so I passed
Thanks for the input.I knew very little going into this draft but I knew I needed quality pitching. I would have liked to get SF lower than $6.25 but if they end up at or near the top of the league then I'll be happy. I also knew that C was a very important position because we need to dress two and it is a position with very few fantasy stars. I'm not sure if I overpaid because I've never seen Montero play :club: The book I have has him 4th behind Mauer, Martinez and McCann. FSaG here's where Athlon ranked my players...3B Ryan Zimmerman Tier 1-#1 overall *FRANCHISE PLAYER - you need one to compete, two to win, three to dominateSS Troy Tulowitzki Tier 1-#2 overall *FRANCHISE PLAYER - you need one to compete, two to win, three to dominateSS Alcides Escobar Tier 3-#13 overall *SLEEPER - could be a great acquisition at a price below his true value2B Brian Roberts Tier 1-#3 overall2B Kelly Johnson Tier 3-#17 overall *SLEEPER - could be a great acquisition at a price below his true valueC Miguel Montero Tier 2-#4 overall *CAREER YEAR - veteran with a strong possibility of delivering his best seasonC Buster Posey Tier 2-15th overall1B James Loney Tier 2-#16 overall *CAREER YEAR - veteran with a strong possibility of delivering his best seasonOF Josh Hamilton Tier 1-#8 overall *INJURY RISK - has had a recent injury that could affect performanceOF Denard Span Tier 2-#21 overall *CAREER YEAR - veteran with a strong possibility of delivering his best seasonOF Brad Hawpe Tier 3-#28 overallOF Colby Rasmus Tier 3-#34 overall *SLEEPER - could be a great acquisition at a price below his true valueOF Jay Bruce Tier 3-#43 overall *CAREER YEAR - veteran with a strong possibility of delivering his best season
Thanks for the input.I knew very little going into this draft but I knew I needed quality pitching. I would have liked to get SF lower than $6.25 but if they end up at or near the top of the league then I'll be happy. I also knew that C was a very important position because we need to dress two and it is a position with very few fantasy stars. I'm not sure if I overpaid because I've never seen Montero play :ts The book I have has him 4th behind Mauer, Martinez and McCann. FSaG here's where Athlon ranked my players...3B Ryan Zimmerman Tier 1-#1 overall *FRANCHISE PLAYER - you need one to compete, two to win, three to dominateSS Troy Tulowitzki Tier 1-#2 overall *FRANCHISE PLAYER - you need one to compete, two to win, three to dominateSS Alcides Escobar Tier 3-#13 overall *SLEEPER - could be a great acquisition at a price below his true value2B Brian Roberts Tier 1-#3 overall2B Kelly Johnson Tier 3-#17 overall *SLEEPER - could be a great acquisition at a price below his true valueC Miguel Montero Tier 2-#4 overall *CAREER YEAR - veteran with a strong possibility of delivering his best seasonC Buster Posey Tier 2-15th overall1B James Loney Tier 2-#16 overall *CAREER YEAR - veteran with a strong possibility of delivering his best seasonOF Josh Hamilton Tier 1-#8 overall *INJURY RISK - has had a recent injury that could affect performanceOF Denard Span Tier 2-#21 overall *CAREER YEAR - veteran with a strong possibility of delivering his best seasonOF Brad Hawpe Tier 3-#28 overallOF Colby Rasmus Tier 3-#34 overall *SLEEPER - could be a great acquisition at a price below his true valueOF Jay Bruce Tier 3-#43 overall *CAREER YEAR - veteran with a strong possibility of delivering his best season
Well, we can certainly see where you got your picks then! Basically all of the "Career Year" players are guys with 1 solid year and are young. As you probably guess, their next year could easily be worse after a big rookie year, set a trend, or be a breakout. You'll probably have some of each, though some of those rankings are definitely on the generous side. Johnson was a nice sleeper. Roberts ranked at 3rd 2B is quite generous - similar to Montero.I disagree with John that Tulowitzki is an overpayment. Except it follows the same mistake that I made with Mauer and Pedroia - the price is fine, but they'll probably be a Tier 1 guy, and require 40/20/20 raises...that'll get prohibitively expensive fast.Zimmerman could end up being good value. Posey was much too expensive, there are guys with similar potential available now for $4-6. Same with Escobar. He is a nice prospect, but anything over $8 is getting pricey.San Francisco is probably a top-5 pitching team, but especially great for our structure with daily changes. If you're lucky, some weakness at their 4-5 starters could drop them into Tier-2.I like the values of Rasmus, Loney and Bruce. I considered sending a trade offer for Bruce and/or Span, but I see now that you think they are good value too.Hamilton will be your turning point. If we were drafting last year, he'd have gone for $50. This year, most of us didn't want to tie up that much. In an expert league, he probably goes for more based on his upside, so that reflects well on you. Then again, he is coming off an injury and a poor year, is hitting his late 20's, and spent most of his late teens and early 20's mercilessly raping his body. So...you might not get 5-year value out of him :club: But yeah, overall a good job. Your draft was very Dale-like - it was apparent that you had guys you were confident in, and were willing to go a couple bucks extra on them. Some of us think the rankings are a little generous, but they're not completely absurd.I am interested in Rasmus, Bruce and Span, as good value plays, not as super sleepers or anything. Feel free to PM me if you'd be interested in talking!That was fun! Anyone want to give a John-like rundown on my team?

Sorry for the delay guys. Nick's pick is in. He can't get on the computer at work, but I have his list now so I can pick for him in the future. We are targetting different guys/positions for the most part so there shouldn't be a conflict of interests. I am pretty set on who I want already anyway.

Sorry for the delay guys. Nick's pick is in. He can't get on the computer at work, but I have his list now so I can pick for him in the future. We are targetting different guys/positions for the most part so there shouldn't be a conflict of interests. I am pretty set on who I want already anyway.
The next pick is also invalid, thanks to the racist Yahoo Player search function.