• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melky Cabrera Interesting pick, I like it.
Playing time problem, though. But Jay has Heyward, I think, so it just might be an insurance policy
Thank you. Judging by my inbox, you like a lot of my picks. :ts
Ha! I do actually, I was thinking today how I like my team, but I still think it is second or third 'best.' Best being completely using my own criteria. I think you're #1 though, even if you do what we've been discussing :club: That Pujols deal is just too sick. I realize even with a max contract over 5 years, it is still reasonable. Maybe more than I'd want to pay a 35-year old, but then again, 5 more years of what he's done, and he might be the second best player of all time.I fully expect any response to my message will be one of the following:1 - **** off2 - OK3 - No seriously, **** off.4 - This is my offer. That's it, take it or leave it.5 - Nude pictures aren't helping.
So we're only gonna have 4 games a month? Minus playoffs we'll only have 20 games. Wooooo sneak into the playoffs with a 13-7 record! :club:
3 different games, fool! Much like real baseball we're playing series'.
lol. I was thinking like Danny as well.now I get why you guys think KC pitching is good cause of Grienke, and why you wanted to set lineups daily.
That's hilarious, I never even considered it that way. Doesn't matter a whole lot.I guess we'll do one game per day, unless someone thought the other way and raises a serious objection. I'll make sure the rules are clear.This obviously makes a lot of my Extra Innings player stuff moot. I do think though it makes it more important we can change the OT player on a daily basis.
3 different games, fool! Much like real baseball we're playing series'.
adam said it best.I even stated there are 65 games. Not 20 when this whole thing was put together.
adam said it best.I even stated there are 65 games. Not 20 when this whole thing was put together.
Yeah, but who listens to you? :club: Right now the farm rules are such that you cannot have a player on your farm if his 25th birthday has passed. Do people want to change this? I'd go 23 in the NHL, but it seems like 26 might be better for the MLB.Anyone care, or just leave it at 25?
Yeah, but who listens to you? :club: Right now the farm rules are such that you cannot have a player on your farm if his 25th birthday has passed. Do people want to change this? I'd go 23 in the NHL, but it seems like 26 might be better for the MLB.Anyone care, or just leave it at 25?
Why does it have to be age? Shouldnt it be games played or At bats maybe??In the AHL we invoked the Jonathan Toews rule this year..I believe after a 100 games you need to bring him up.

I think it should be games or at bats too. We also might want to consider another rule that we have in the AHL.Any free agent player on the roster (not farm) who does not play a minimum number of games must be paid a 10% increase in order to be resigned.

Why does it have to be age? Shouldnt it be games played or At bats maybe??In the AHL we invoked the Jonathan Toews rule this year..I believe after a 100 games you need to bring him up.
I think it should be games or at bats too. We also might want to consider another rule that we have in the AHL.Any free agent player on the roster (not farm) who does not play a minimum number of games must be paid a 10% increase in order to be resigned.
We could do it this way too. The age rule makes it more of a guessing game, which some people like. Looks like we have two votes for a minimum game/at-bat rule. Any objections, and/or suggestions on a minimum?I really like the 10% raise rule, though it would really affect some people's decision that have already been made. Anyone object?- I assume it applies to MLB games, not FCPBL games? And I assume it'd be a one-time 10% raise, not per year?

Updated/reposted the rules, including:- Added EI rules, as per discussion. I've allowed for daily changes.- Clarified the number of games, to 3-4 individual games per weekend.- Changed the allowable cap range from $45-105 to $50-100. Seems more reasonable, no? Also clarified that a team can't 'own' more than $100 in cap, even if his paid salaries are within the limit.- Officially removed the third Util spot.- Added the "position eligibility" exception I talked about above.A lot of those haven't really been discussed, but no one has raised objections either. I'm not trying to be heavy-handed here, I really hope anyone who disagrees will object to it so we can discuss what's best for the league.Steve - please delete the old rules thread whenever convenient.

Updated/reposted the rules, including:- Added EI rules, as per discussion. I've allowed for daily changes.- Clarified the number of games, to 3-4 individual games per weekend.- Changed the allowable cap range from $45-105 to $50-100. Seems more reasonable, no? Also clarified that a team can't 'own' more than $100 in cap, even if his paid salaries are within the limit.- Officially removed the third Util spot.- Added the "position eligibility" exception I talked about above.A lot of those haven't really been discussed, but no one has raised objections either. I'm not trying to be heavy-handed here, I really hope anyone who disagrees will object to it so we can discuss what's best for the league.Steve - please delete the old rules thread whenever convenient.
You guys are doing a great job...I am agreement
We could do it this way too. The age rule makes it more of a guessing game, which some people like. Looks like we have two votes for a minimum game/at-bat rule. Any objections, and/or suggestions on a minimum?I really like the 10% raise rule, though it would really affect some people's decision that have already been made. Anyone object?- I assume it applies to MLB games, not FCPBL games? And I assume it'd be a one-time 10% raise, not per year?
I don't think the rule should start at the end of this season because a lot of people chosen players based on the current rules.
Nyjer Morgan, outfielder for the Washington Nationals, played hockey seriously, and played for 2 seasons (edit, scratch that, 6 games total)for the Regina Pats in 1999-2000. I found this funny/shocking, because this guy seriously does not look like a hockey player.
So I was watching Baseball Tonight yesterday (which brings up a question, do Canadians get Baseball Tonight? Is it on every night if so? Hats off to Jim Thome?) when they had mic-ed up Nyjer Morgan during some spring training stuff. He's a pretty funny guy. Nicknamed Strasburg "Jesus".
I don't think the rule should start at the end of this season because a lot of people chosen players based on the current rules.
True. Hell, I think I've picked the most guys who won't play this year! I still think it is a fair rule. To be honest, if it isn't instituted this year, I don't see a point of doing so in the future. It would be used very rarely.
done.so, the 3rd UTIL spot became a bench?we're all still taking 26 players, that right?
Yeppers.
True. Hell, I think I've picked the most guys who won't play this year! I still think it is a fair rule. To be honest, if it isn't instituted this year, I don't see a point of doing so in the future. It would be used very rarely.Yeppers.
It's still used in the AHL when we call a guy up off the farm to make room on the farm and he doesn't manage to get 10 games in.