So human beings are animals. Go to the market or a sporting event or, for god sakes, the club. Observe them. It's very lol. If you're attractive it's really lol. How they approach you and attempt to attract you. How they walk by and use their eyes to flirt. Pea-cocking animals. Most of you reading this are idiots and are the people I'm talking about. Some of you are intelligent but don't go to a club, ever, because you're a nerd. Or if you do go nobody pays attention to you so your misanthropy is mostly jealously of the good looking people who are stupid but still attract good looking mates. A tiny minority of you, even some of the nerds and unattractive, will know exactly what I mean. Humans are animals and part of you is sad about it.

I always like to remind people that we are animals. Most of them either forget, or have this human arrogance that considers us so superior to animals that we have our own category. The place that reminds me of our animalism most is the red light district in Amsterdam. The hookers behind glass doors actually do a little mating ritual to attract punters. It's like a heightened version of what you see in clubs.Honestly though, I'm not sad that we're animals. In fact, I find that fact both comforting and fascinating. It's amazing to watch some other animal and observe it's curiosity and playfulness, and to see when it is watching you and thinking. You can relate to it, and not only understand it's behaviour but sympathise with it. That doesn't make me sad at all.

Some of you are intelligent but don't go to a club, ever, because you're a nerd.
You say this like these are bad things. I much prefer the human animals that have all three of those traits than the average human animal.As a bouns, we own the world. Dance, puppets, dance.

Frankly, I'm proud to be a living, breathing animal. I'm happy to make an ass of my self on an almost daily basis.Wouldn't it be boring to be a perfect machine? Was Deep Blue happy after he beat Kasparov?

Frankly, I'm proud to be a living, breathing animal. I'm happy to make an ass of my self on an almost daily basis.Wouldn't it be boring to be a perfect machine? Was Deep Blue happy after he beat Kasparov?
I wish I was good at photoshop. There'd definitely be a picture of Deep Blue coked up in a hotel room with hookers and Mike Tyson.
I always like to remind people that we are animals. Most of them either forget, or have this human arrogance that considers us so superior to animals that we have our own category. The place that reminds me of our animalism most is the red light district in Amsterdam. The hookers behind glass doors actually do a little mating ritual to attract punters. It's like a heightened version of what you see in clubs.Honestly though, I'm not sad that we're animals. In fact, I find that fact both comforting and fascinating. It's amazing to watch some other animal and observe it's curiosity and playfulness, and to see when it is watching you and thinking. You can relate to it, and not only understand it's behaviour but sympathise with it. That doesn't make me sad at all.
There isn't a day that goes by where I don't think of how extremely lucky I am to be in this brief existence in a remote corner of an obsure galaxy, let alone how utterly fascinating it is.

The idea that we are anything other than an animal is completely preposterous. I mean, what else would we be? Fucking plants? I don't see how it's possible to 'forget' that we're animals. One time I slept for like 18 hours straight. I hadn't slept practically all week. Anyways, immediately when I woke up I had no concept of who or even what I was. I had the strangest sensation that I was multiple people, or multiple things. Anyways that lasted for about 20 seconds until I turned the lights on and remembered who and what I was, and that I was in a discrete human body just like always. Anyways, that's the only time I forgot that I was an animal.

As a bouns, we own the world. Dance, puppets, dance.
Alas, no, the truly intelligent don't own the world at all. We're too smart to play the game because we're smart enough to question the rules (and the game itself). Thus, the people who own the world are those of around 105 IQ -- smart enough to have an advantage over others, but not smart enough to ask questions.My former boss, a Shakespeare professor, was once searching for a word on the tip of his tongue and exclaimed in frustration, "Sometimes I wish I had just five more IQ points." I said, "Sometimes I wish I had fifty less -- I'd be happier and richer."Proof that I'm right: now I write freelance term papers. The paper broker was explaining to me that the most regular paper-buying customers he has (and thus, the most in-demand topics) are education majors and business majors, while humanities majors tend to love to do their own research and writing and almost never call him. I said, "So you're telling me that the people who run our economy and the people who educate our children are the laziest, most amoral, most intellectually incurious people in America?" He said "Yep."Oh, to be Homer and have a crayon to jam up my nose!
Alas, no, the truly intelligent don't own the world at all. We're too smart to play the game because we're smart enough to question the rules (and the game itself). Thus, the people who own the world are those of around 105 IQ -- smart enough to have an advantage over others, but not smart enough to ask questions.My former boss, a Shakespeare professor, was once searching for a word on the tip of his tongue and exclaimed in frustration, "Sometimes I wish I had just five more IQ points." I said, "Sometimes I wish I had fifty less -- I'd be happier and richer."Proof that I'm right: now I write freelance term papers. The paper broker was explaining to me that the most regular paper-buying customers he has (and thus, the most in-demand topics) are education majors and business majors, while humanities majors tend to love to do their own research and writing and almost never call him. I said, "So you're telling me that the people who run our economy and the people who educate our children are the laziest, most amoral, most intellectually incurious people in America?" He said "Yep."Oh, to be Homer and have a crayon to jam up my nose!
I'll jam something up your nose.Sorry that was just my reptilian brain overpowering my impulse control mechanism.
Alas, no, the truly intelligent don't own the world at all. We're too smart to play the game because we're smart enough to question the rules (and the game itself). Thus, the people who own the world are those of around 105 IQ -- smart enough to have an advantage over others, but not smart enough to ask questions.
I was thinking of the people like Bill Gates, Jobs, etc......nerdy as hell, and hiring college grads to do their dishes.
Humans are animals and part of you is sad about it.
No part of me is sad about it.
One time I slept for like 18 hours straight. I hadn't slept practically all week. Anyways, immediately when I woke up I had no concept of who or even what I was. I had the strangest sensation that I was multiple people, or multiple things. Anyways that lasted for about 20 seconds until I turned the lights on and remembered who and what I was, and that I was in a discrete human body just like always. Anyways, that's the only time I forgot that I was an animal.
I wonder what it would be like to wake up in a sensory deprivation tank.
My former boss, a Shakespeare professor, was once searching for a word on the tip of his tongue and exclaimed in frustration, "Sometimes I wish I had just five more IQ points." I said, "Sometimes I wish I had fifty less -- I'd be happier and richer."Proof that I'm right: now I write freelance term papers. The paper broker was explaining to me that the most regular paper-buying customers he has (and thus, the most in-demand topics) are education majors and business majors, while humanities majors tend to love to do their own research and writing and almost never call him. I said, "So you're telling me that the people who run our economy and the people who educate our children are the laziest, most amoral, most intellectually incurious people in America?" He said "Yep."
Eyeroll.
I just walked behind the couch and pissed on the carpet.Is that wrong?
You have a cat, right? That's the best way to prevent them from marking their territory -- you claim it first. I recommend you do it in every room in the house, and on all of your wife's clothes.
Proof that I'm right: now I write freelance term papers. The paper broker was explaining to me that the most regular paper-buying customers he has (and thus, the most in-demand topics) are education majors and business majors, while humanities majors tend to love to do their own research and writing and almost never call him. I said, "So you're telling me that the people who run our economy and the people who educate our children are the laziest, most amoral, most intellectually incurious people in America?" He said "Yep."
First, let me get this out of the way:
Eyeroll.
Ok, I feel a little better now.No, wait...
Eyeroll.
Eyeroll.
Eyeroll.
Ok, let me try again.
Considering that I've spent my career in non-profits, this job probably does stray further from the Buddhist ideal of Right Livelihood than any other job I've ever had, but as long as it's short term, I can live with it.
Is this still considered short-term or are you just getting better at living with it?
Alas, no, the truly intelligent don't own the world at all. We're too smart to play the game because we're smart enough to question the rules (and the game itself). Thus, the people who own the world are those of around 105 IQ -- smart enough to have an advantage over others, but not smart enough to ask questions.
Hence the old saying ”so smart they are stupid”…it is very true. You are certainly not alone with this problem…I however can’t relate. Nobody in the education system has ever accused me of being smart, and very few in the business world would believe that assuming they have done business with me. Remember C’s degrees!!!