New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Taking a shot at 5NL and trying to take more notes on players, there seems to be a truck load of multi table regs. I'm discounting people playing 2 tables as they could just be playing for the take2 bonus but it seems like nearly everyone is playing 4+ tables. Are these guys liable to be fish or should I be looking out for the single tablers?

Taking a shot at 5NL and trying to take more notes on players, there seems to be a truck load of multi table regs. I'm discounting people playing 2 tables as they could just be playing for the take2 bonus but it seems like nearly everyone is playing 4+ tables. Are these guys liable to be fish or should I be looking out for the single tablers?
I personally like the tight regs to my left that way if it's checked to me I raise regardless of my cards and steal blinds all session long. I like fish anywhere else but that's just me.Kosin Trouble
Lost a pot with 9 :ts T :4h on a A :5c J :D 8 :3h board vs A3o ftwLost an omaha pot with AQJT on K :qh T :jh 9 :club: to a 7 :D 8 :D 4 :D 5 :club:sigh home game-aments
So whats the final verdict? Did you make money or lose it to the fish?Kosin Trouble
Lost like a buy-in after being up a nice chunk but whatev... I miss a 15 out draw and then a 8 high flush beats me in PLO so its all goodAlso that PLO hand, we play NLO so I just over shoved a blank turn and he called regardless so its a soft game but sometimes the deck bails a guy out

Tiger just made an eagle on #8, doubt he's rusty or realAlso, I went a whole week without looking at results... BINKtime to look at a giraffe when I get home from work!!

''At these stakes, imagine that your opponents are sitting at a desk with a button that says call that's about 1 foot in diameter. They also have a button that says fold that's about half an inch in diameter, and it's barely within reach. There's also a raise button, but it's in another room, guarded by a sharktopus.They have to press a button. They need a pretty compelling reason (Oh no, i only have ace high, bottom pair, etc are not compelling enough to them) to reach over to hit the tiny fold button, and they need a HUGE reason to go storm the sharktopus and raise.Got it?For the level you're playing, this is what i want you to do:You don't have to balance your range by cbetting flops you miss, because especially in a multiway pot, you aren't going to get your opponent to find their fold button. When you do make a pair, bet it. the stronger your made hand, the more you should bet."but won't they know if i bet half pot i only have a pair and almost pot i have a big hand? that seems obvious"No, no they will not. I promise.''Yes, that is the 2NL player generalization you can read everywhere, but it doesn't seem to apply when i sit. Many will run for their draws regardless of your bet, that is true. But, all the ****ing downswings aside, i have all the trouble in the world to get them to pay me off like ever.Where do you find those stats about your opponents tendencies on PT3?

Don't take this the wrong way but you shouldn't worry about game-selecting at 5nl. Just beat everyone up.

my best Tom Dwan impersonation, Make a Move, Get ThereFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($10.40)SB ($10.18)BB ($11.74)UTG ($17.63)Hero (MP) ($10)Preflop: Hero is MP with J :club:, Q :3h1 fold, Hero bets $0.30, 1 fold, SB calls $0.25, 1 foldFlop: ($0.70) 2 :ts, 8 :qh, A :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB raises to $1, Hero raises to $2.50, SB calls $1.50Turn: ($5.70) 10 :jh(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksRiver: ($5.70) K :D(2 players)SB bets $2.80, Hero raises to $7.20 (All-In), SB calls $4.40Total pot: $20.10 | Rake: $1.34Results:SB had 8 :4h, 8 :D (three of a kind, eights).Hero had J :5c, Q :D (straight, Ace high).Outcome: Hero won $18.76

feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersUTG+1: $2.02 MP: $1.40 MP2: $2.03 HJ: $2.93 CO: $2.00 (Hero)Button: $2.01 SB: $2.00 BB: $3.83 UTG: $1.92 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with :D:4h (9 players)2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.06, HJ folds, Hero raises to $0.18, 4 foldsHero won $0.15(Rake: $0)This is standard. Read Naked_Cowboy's statement and you will notice it makes no sense. Who in their right mind would challenge the Sharktopus just to find their fold button to a preflop 3-bet... on the same hand!feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by a herd of feral cowsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersCO: $1.99 Button: $2.00 SB: $0.70 BB: $2.91 UTG: $2.09 (Hero)UTG+1: $3.95 MP: $2.00 MP2: $2.00 HJ: $1.80 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with :D :D (9 players)5 folds, Button raises to $0.08, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.26, Button foldsHero won $0.17(Rake: $0)What? Did he just Raise/fold from the button. Awfully looks like an attempt to steal.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersButton: $2.11 SB: $2.57 BB: $2.00 (Hero)UTG: $2.14 UTG+1: $2.92 MP: $3.02 MP2: $0.99 HJ: $2.51 CO: $2.04 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with :5c:qh (9 players)5 folds, CO raises to $0.06, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.04Flop: ($0.13) :D:ts :ts (2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08Turn: ($0.29) :club: (2 players)Hero checks, CO checksRiver: ($0.29) :club: (2 players)Hero bets $0.12 (stfu, i know), CO calls $0.12Hero showed :3h:jh, and won ($0.50) with two pair, Kings and NinesCO mucked :4h :7sHero won $0.50(Rake: $0.03)Okay, this is just weird. Obviously he's gonna play his hand but he actually raised it in position... then C-bet with 7 high!I'm telling you. Either the general perspective of 2NL is outdated, or i actually live in another dimension and FCP is the bridge between our 2 worlds.
my best Tom Dwan impersonation, Make a Move, Get ThereFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($10.40)SB ($10.18)BB ($11.74)UTG ($17.63)Hero (MP) ($10)Preflop: Hero is MP with J :club:, Q :3h1 fold, Hero bets $0.30, 1 fold, SB calls $0.25, 1 foldFlop: ($0.70) 2 :ts, 8 :qh, A :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB raises to $1, Hero raises to $2.50, SB calls $1.50Turn: ($5.70) 10 :jh(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksRiver: ($5.70) K :D(2 players)SB bets $2.80, Hero raises to $7.20 (All-In), SB calls $4.40Total pot: $20.10 | Rake: $1.34Results:SB had 8 :4h, 8 :D (three of a kind, eights).Hero had J :5c, Q :D (straight, Ace high).Outcome: Hero won $18.76
LOL, fish, donk, ahole, dink, donkalobe and many other unsavory names I am sure he was calling you after... But sometimes you just gotta fish.Kosin Trouble
I'm telling you. Either the general perspective of 2NL is outdated, or i actually live in another dimension and FCP is the bridge between our 2 worlds.
What's your point ? Anyone can cherry pick hands. Obviously some 2nl players will steal in position. Obviously some will fold to 3-bets. NO one would ever say otherwise. I showed you a sample where unequivocally 2nl players called more 3-bets than players at other limits do. KosinTrouble posted a similar result. That's empirical data. Do you honestly believe that the 2nl player pool has one single person, one isolated player perhaps located in a computer lab in Dubai, who'll fold queens to a 3-bet preflop? I was playing 2nl just last year for a prop bet. I can say that the player pool is unimaginably terrible.
What's your point ? Anyone can cherry pick hands. Obviously some 2nl players will steal in position. Obviously some will fold to 3-bets. NO one would ever say otherwise. I showed you a sample where unequivocally 2nl players called more 3-bets than players at other limits do. KosinTrouble posted a similar result. That's empirical data. Do you honestly believe that the 2nl player pool has one single person, one isolated player perhaps located in a computer lab in Dubai, who'll fold queens to a 3-bet preflop? I was playing 2nl just last year for a prop bet. I can say that the player pool is unimaginably terrible.
I don't have a point, i'm just confused as ****. Where do you find those data on PT3?
Don't take this the wrong way but you shouldn't worry about game-selecting at 5nl. Just beat everyone up.
For sure that is the idea :club: I'm just trying to get in the habit of taking notes on players now and I'm just searching everyone that sits at my tables to see how many they are playing and there are waaaaaaaaaaaaayyy more people grinding a crap load of tables than I expected.
feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersUTG+1: $2.02 MP: $1.40 MP2: $2.03 HJ: $2.93 CO: $2.00 (Hero)Button: $2.01 SB: $2.00 BB: $3.83 UTG: $1.92 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with :D:4h (9 players)2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.06, HJ folds, Hero raises to $0.18, 4 foldsHero won $0.15(Rake: $0)This is standard. Read Naked_Cowboy's statement and you will notice it makes no sense. Who in their right mind would challenge the Sharktopus just to find their fold button to a preflop 3-bet... on the same hand!feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by a herd of feral cowsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersCO: $1.99 Button: $2.00 SB: $0.70 BB: $2.91 UTG: $2.09 (Hero)UTG+1: $3.95 MP: $2.00 MP2: $2.00 HJ: $1.80 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with :D :D (9 players)5 folds, Button raises to $0.08, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.26, Button foldsHero won $0.17(Rake: $0)What? Did he just Raise/fold from the button. Awfully looks like an attempt to steal.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersButton: $2.11 SB: $2.57 BB: $2.00 (Hero)UTG: $2.14 UTG+1: $2.92 MP: $3.02 MP2: $0.99 HJ: $2.51 CO: $2.04 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with :5c:qh (9 players)5 folds, CO raises to $0.06, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.04Flop: ($0.13) :D:ts :ts (2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08Turn: ($0.29) :club: (2 players)Hero checks, CO checksRiver: ($0.29) :club: (2 players)Hero bets $0.12 (stfu, i know), CO calls $0.12Hero showed :3h:jh, and won ($0.50) with two pair, Kings and NinesCO mucked :4h :7sHero won $0.50(Rake: $0.03)Okay, this is just weird. Obviously he's gonna play his hand but he actually raised it in position... then C-bet with 7 high!I'm telling you. Either the general perspective of 2NL is outdated, or i actually live in another dimension and FCP is the bridge between our 2 worlds.
First and foremost, the way you are coming across is sounding very close to tilting... Be carefull not to play with that anger/fustration it will really cause you greif.I understand the fustration, but the first hand, I say well played, excellent 3bet. Sadly he didnt call, but you won money. Thats good!Second hand, again, good 3bet. Sadly there were no limpers and no raise and callers prior. If it is just you and blind, then maybe lower the 3bet a little bit to try to get him to call. Right or wrong, I use a big 3bet if there is more than a coule limpers or a couple callers to a raise. if it is just me and 1 person I lower the 3bet to make it a bit more attractive for the ONE person to call. But again, you won money.Thrid hand, Sweet! yeah you could have bet a bit more, but with only a pair on the river, hard to say if he would have called. .50 pot is 20+big blinds... Thats a good hand!Kosin Trouble
I don't have a point, i'm just confused as ****. Where do you find those data on PT3?
Not sure. On HEM I chose to display "Fold to 3-bet Success" on my player profile. PT3's got to have a similar statistic.
Not sure. On HEM I chose to display "Fold to 3-bet Success" on my player profile. PT3's got to have a similar statistic.
In pt3 you go to the Reports tab, and run the report but add Fold 3bet to the report. At the very bottom of the report it gives the summary total of all players. If it shows a 3bet fold % higher than 70% it is because you dont 3 bet very often and most people see your 3bets as being you holding a monster. Kosin Trouble
Tiger just made an eagle on #8, doubt he's rusty or realAlso, I went a whole week without looking at results... BINKtime to look at a giraffe when I get home from work!!
Picture3.png
In pt3 you go to the Reports tab, and run the report but add Fold 3bet to the report. At the very bottom of the report it gives the summary total of all players. If it shows a 3bet fold % higher than 70% it is because you dont 3 bet very often and most people see your 3bets as being you holding a monster. Kosin Trouble
Like this? Is that my fold % or theirs to my 3-bets?ixp0cOHfFHjXA495DdwK.png