New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Coolered:feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $100/$200 - 5 playersSB ZeeJustin: $26,943.00 BB Mr Zahmat: $41,585.00 UTG KidPoker: $84,783.00 CO Sleyde: $57,827.00 Button molswi47: $60,760.00 Preflop: ($300.00) (5 players)KidPoker raises to $600, Sleyde folds, molswi47 calls $600, ZeeJustin folds, Mr Zahmat calls $400Flop: ($1,900.00) Jh.gif2h.gifKd.gif (3 players)Mr Zahmat checks, KidPoker bets $1400, molswi47 calls $1400, Mr Zahmat raises to $4950, KidPoker raises to $12000, molswi47 folds, Mr Zahmat raises to $40985 and is all-in, KidPoker calls $28985Turn: ($85,270.00) Ts.gif (2 players)River: ($85,270.00) 5c.gif (2 players)Mr Zahmat showed 2s.gif2c.gif, and won ($85265) with three of a kind, DeucesKidPoker showed Jc.gifKs.gif, and lost with two pair, Kings and JacksMr Zahmat won $85265(Rake: $5)

diehome game with two decks, we keep it moving. It was at least 60-75 hands
LOL. You could use 6 decks, no way you are playing at more then 1 hand a minute.
Taking a shot at 5NL and trying to take more notes on players, there seems to be a truck load of multi table regs. I'm discounting people playing 2 tables as they could just be playing for the take2 bonus but it seems like nearly everyone is playing 4+ tables. Are these guys liable to be fish or should I be looking out for the single tablers?
The single tablers are likely to be the massive lol awesome fish. Everyone can play 4 tables now a day.
For sure that is the idea :club: I'm just trying to get in the habit of taking notes on players now and I'm just searching everyone that sits at my tables to see how many they are playing and there are waaaaaaaaaaaaayyy more people grinding a crap load of tables than I expected.
Some people approach micros as needing to put in alot of hands so they can get sets/overpairs and then value bet 3 streets with them. The player pool at 2nl is still really bad so this strategy works and exploiting them requires someone to fold which people don't like. What you should be trying to do is get value from middle pair against the same people they are trying to cooler. It gives you a better win rate and makes you a better player. Don't give the mass tables action and float them often.
I have no comment as I'm down like 200 buyins lifetime at 2nl
Graph with EV line and showdown winnings plz.
LOL. You could use 6 decks, no way you are playing at more then 1 hand a minute.
Dear fighter,2.5 hours. 25-30 hands/hr = 60-75 hands<3,James
feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 4 playersSB onebigmess: $13.59 BB SuitsUs: $10.00 UTG Hero: $10.00 undefined mrtheking123: $6.56 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with 2s.gif2h.gif (4 players)SuitsUs raises to $0.35, Hero calls $0.30, onebigmess calls $0.25Flop: ($1.05) 2c.gifQc.gifQh.gif (4 players)Hero bets $1, onebigmess folds, SuitsUs calls $1Turn: ($3.05) 3c.gif (3 players)Hero bets $2.20, SuitsUs calls $2.20River: ($7.45) 3h.gif (3 players)Hero checks, SuitsUs bets $1.50, Hero foldsSuitsUs won $6.96(Rake: $0.49)
feral_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 4 playersSB: $13.59 BB: $10.00 UTG: $10.00 (Hero)undefined: $6.56 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with 2s.gif2h.gif (4 players)BB raises to $0.35, Hero calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25Flop: ($1.05) 2c.gifQc.gifQh.gif (4 players)Hero bets $1, SB folds, BB calls $1Turn: ($3.05) 3c.gif (3 players)Hero bets $2.20, BB calls $2.20River: ($7.45) 3h.gif (3 players)Hero checks, BB bets $1.50, Hero foldsBB won $6.96(Rake: $0.49)
Do you think he could have a flush or ace high here?
Any Magic The Gathering oldheads in here?Just curious
Actually yeah. I used to be pretty hardcore about it, went to Regionals/Nationals and everything. Why do you ask?
Actually yeah. I used to be pretty hardcore about it, went to Regionals/Nationals and everything. Why do you ask?
BC they make fantastic poker players imo. I'm not sure what it was about that game in terms of thinking and logic that applies to poker... but it seems like a ton of great players either played magic or an equally similar game
Hey had a Q, which gave him bigger boat..Nice laydown KingJames... but for that little, i still would have called.kosin trouble
A queen is his most likely holding but i can still see villain play a pocket pair this way or just spew with his AK.
A queen is his most likely holding but i can still see villain play a pocket pair this way or just spew with his AK.
or trying to get value from A high with a flush. It's a mandatory call
feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersHJ: $2.29 CO: $1.11 Button: $0.77 SB: $0.81 BB: $8.43 UTG: $2.21 (Hero)UTG+1: $2.14 MP: $2.26 MP2: $0.86 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with :ts:club: (9 players)Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, HJ calls $0.08, CO raises to $0.35, 2 folds, BB calls $0.33, Hero?

Sick lay down james, I prob would of spew called. I don't know anything about NL though.

Any Magic The Gathering oldheads in here?Just curious
Damn, there is someone as old as me here if you know that game... I just imagine how much money i would have had for a br if I didnt play that game. Wouldnt surprise me if i have those cards laying around in a box somewhere too. Have to dig them out some time this summer to start a fire. Kosin Trouble

Yeah you're right, a TON of the old school good, competitive Magic players played poker as well. I think it's because Magic required you to think several steps ahead, and also to consider what your opponent might be holding, not just what you had in your hand.Depending on how old your cards are though Kosin Trouble, good luck selling them. If they are super old like the Alpha-Beta-Unlimited prints and you have some of the awesome cards like Lotus, Moxes, Time Walk etc you can make a pretty penny, but if you started with like 4th edition on and have none of the new ones, then there's really no demand for those.Brag: I was rated over 1900 in Magic when I played competitively (Top 3 in the state of Indiana) and once won a Beta Black Lotus in a tournament.Beat: I had to split the sale of the Lotus 4-way with my teammates as we agreed beforehand if any of us won, so I only made like $300Variance: I probably didn't get laid over the 2-3 years I played Magic competitively.

Due to stupid play on my part my shot at 5NL didn't last very long. Nice welcome back to 2NL though imo.feral_cow_icon.gifYour converted hand, now with more cowbell.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersHJ: $2.07 CO: $2.00 Button: $1.00 SB: $3.86 BB: $3.47 UTG: $2.41 UTG+1: $1.97 MP: $1.69 MP2: $1.95 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is MP2 with :D:ts (9 players)UTG calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, HJ folds, CO raises to $0.11, 2 folds, BB calls $0.09, UTG calls $0.09, Hero calls $0.09Flop: ($0.45) :jh:5c:ts (4 players)BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.31, CO raises to $0.62, BB raises to $3.36, and is all in, UTG folds, Hero calls $1.53, and is all in, CO calls $1.27, and is all inTurn: ($6.07) :club: (3 players)River: ($6.07) :D (3 players)CO showed :club::D, and won ($0.09) with two pair, Queens and NinesBB showed :qh:3h, and lost with two pair, Nines and SevensHero showed :D:4h, and won ($5.58) with a full house, Fours full of NinesCO won $0.09Hero won $5.58(Rake: $0.40)I had the puke bucket on stand by.

Due to stupid play on my part my shot at 5NL didn't last very long. Nice welcome back to 2NL though imo.feral_cow_icon.gifYour converted hand, now with more cowbell.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersHJ: $2.07 CO: $2.00 Button: $1.00 SB: $3.86 BB: $3.47 UTG: $2.41 UTG+1: $1.97 MP: $1.69 MP2: $1.95 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is MP2 with :D:ts (9 players)UTG calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, HJ folds, CO raises to $0.11, 2 folds, BB calls $0.09, UTG calls $0.09, Hero calls $0.09Flop: ($0.45) :jh:5c:ts (4 players)BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.31, CO raises to $0.62, BB raises to $3.36, and is all in, UTG folds, Hero calls $1.53, and is all in, CO calls $1.27, and is all inTurn: ($6.07) :club: (3 players)River: ($6.07) :D (3 players)CO showed :club::D, and won ($0.09) with two pair, Queens and NinesBB showed :qh:3h, and lost with two pair, Nines and SevensHero showed :D:4h, and won ($5.58) with a full house, Fours full of NinesCO won $0.09Hero won $5.58(Rake: $0.40)I had the puke bucket on stand by.
Always nice to have hands like this, specially just after moving down.But that begs the question, why did you move down? Did you move down because of a couple bad beats? Did you move down because you thought the compitition was too hard? Did you feel you made mistakes and needed to move down? If you moved down because of any of those reasons then thats not good. I tried to move up to quickly and the first time I moved up I lost a vouple buy ins, in the matter of 10min and I ran back down a level. the second time I did it, I just had a couple bad beats and felt I couldnt beat the players, so moved back. then it finally dawned on me, I cared too much about the money and results!!!! At .01/.02 table I would do a 10bb raise to .20 and not really think twice about it if I lost the pot. Do that at .05 table and it becomes .50 more than double the money, which suddenly to me was big. So I was playing scared.What I did was picked a number that was the absolute min I would allow my bank roll to get down too. In my case $200, then I figured ok, any money over $200 is free play, fack around money for moving up. So once I hit $275, I had $75 I would be willing to lose and not care because I had my base bankroll that I could use to rebuild. Second I stoped thinking of it in sense of money at the tables. I think of it in bb's. I standard raise for 3bb, I reraise for 3x what ever bb raiser raised with. eg. raiser raised 3bb, I 3bet 9bb. There is .50 in pot.. NOOOOO, there is 10bb in the pot, so i will bet 7bb as cbet. It is not money I am playing for, its bb's that I play for.Anyways, like I said took me a couple shot to move up to the .02/.05 tables. There any difference in the players at the two levels. The difference in in your mind. The other thing to do is, if you play 2 tables currently, play 1 table .01/.02 and play 1 table .02/.05. every 15min change where they are in the screen. Move one to the left the other to the right. Concentrate on the cards and how many times you click the raise scroll bar (remember you are thinking each click is a bb, not the value). Soon you wont tell the difference between the two and you will be officially moved up.Kosin Trouble

Basically my bank roll isn't very big so I don't want to completely busto it which could probably be pretty easy with so few buy ins for 5NL. Once I get the free $25 from the take2 bonus I'll take a longer shot at 5NL.

Basically my bank roll isn't very big so I don't want to completely busto it which could probably be pretty easy with so few buy ins for 5NL. Once I get the free $25 from the take2 bonus I'll take a longer shot at 5NL.
GOOD CALL! never play above your bank roll!As a side note to this. I just found out the buy in for .05/.10 is the same as .02/.05. That seems so strange to me. it is max $10 for each of those levels, which means this weekend I am MOVING ON UP!I am going to play one table at my normal .02/.05 and one table at my .05/.10 and see how it goes.Kosin Trouble