New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

2nl flips what a ridic degen. sports betting is down the street.
meh, babylondonks spews at 2nl and I am just there to collect... its like double rakeback for him
you get $18rb and don't even play. wtf I'm being jobbed. I'm at $12 for the week despite having logged several k hands.
2nl flipsPlus, I actually play. 12k+ hands this month.I'm gonna get to 15k sucka
I checked, I played 3k hands at 10nl this week. +$35 and 600 hands at 2nl +$35OH YEAHPicture1-3.png
BINK!I love how this guy didn't get it in pre, but stacks off when the A hits on the turn.feral_cow_icon.gifonce a cow has a taste for violence, it reverts. it becomes feral.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersButton Hero: $16.49 SB mariscal85: $3.86 BB Beard68: $11.31 UTG NeedCash68: $13.37 UTG+1 Alexander Y: $10.00 CO Moneypants: $13.57 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is Button with Ac.gifAd.gif (6 players)NeedCash68 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, mariscal85 folds, Beard68 raises to $1.35, NeedCash68 folds, Hero raises to $3.20, Beard68 calls $1.85Flop: ($6.55) 5h.gif2d.gif7c.gif (2 players)Beard68 checks, Hero bets $3.50, Beard68 calls $3.50Turn: ($13.55) Ah.gif (2 players)Beard68 checks, Hero bets $5.75, Beard68 calls $4.61, and is all inRiver: ($22.77) 4d.gif (2 players)Hero showed Ac.gifAd.gif, and won ($21.26) with three of a kind, AcesBeard68 showed Qc.gifQd.gif, and lost with a pair of QueensHero won $21.26(Rake: $1.51)Babs and SH, we were slightly deeper 113bb so that's why I 4bet slightly larger. I would normally do the 27-28bb but 32 seemed appropriate at the time.
Meh, that kinda 4bet sizing consideration I'd prob wait until you're like 140+ bb deep, but it's fineIn other news I lost 8 BI in 900 hands yesterday, boink.

Seriously, every time I get pocket aces, I lose. Pocket kings, I lose. Queens, I lose. Flop quads, I'll lose. I've lost over half my bankroll now thanks to the most horrendous calls I've ever seen. feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 5 playersUTG: $5.17 CO: $3.37 (Hero)Button: $8.24 SB: $5.91 BB: $0.98 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with Kh.gifQc.gif (5 players)UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, BB calls $0.06Flop: ($0.17) 2h.gif2c.gif8h.gif (2 players)BB checks, Hero checksTurn: ($0.17) Ah.gif (2 players)BB bets $0.10, Hero ?

Frickin 10NL Rush. Started getting my giraffe on an upward slope again with an early double-through, then lost 1.5 stacks on two hands where I got rivered. It's 2 steps forward, 1 step back...until it becomes 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Is 3 steps forward too much to ask?

so I have a ton of Full Tilt points amassed thru the years, and I'm looking at how to spend them wisely and basically every option is fcking god awful because using FTPoints apparently affects rakeback. I guess the best option is to use them for freerolls to try and win tournament tokens, but even that seems trivial.jbreslin, poker sux.

so I have a ton of Full Tilt points amassed thru the years, and I'm looking at how to spend them wisely and basically every option is fcking god awful because using FTPoints apparently affects rakeback. I guess the best option is to use them for freerolls and try and win tournament tokens, but even that seems trivial.jbreslin, poker sux.
1800 FTP Sat > $26 token > win 45man SNG > profitI'm doing it now... the token sats are actually retardedly soft... but when I realized I needed to one time a 45man SNG to get actual cash... well... **** this

that's the thing. It requires a ton of time and effort; yeah, 1800 points - > $400+ is a fantastic ROI but the odds of that happening are so retardedly slim. Plus using those points will impact my rakeback spoils.Nice system FTP, thanksalso **** Iron Man. Do I really have to play almost every day of the week to qualify for this shit?

DROBERTS and I have decided we want a thread to help organize and motivate us micro grinders kill the BAW thread.
FYPOh...and hi. :club:
FYPOh...and hi. :club:
BAW thread successfully murdered - this thread soon to follow.news @ midnight.
Meh, I agree that this has been way more BBV than we intended, but so much of the strat stuff goes on via AIM/SKYPE that we just need a place for bad beats and garfs imo
Meh, I agree that this has been way more BBV than we intended, but so much of the strat stuff goes on via AIM/SKYPE that we just need a place for bad beats and garfs imo
[ ] has actually read thread[x] was linked from Old New Challenge[?] needs another super-thread in his life :club:

I dunno how much strat really helps anymore... the games are getting so retardedly tough that winning grinders are turning into losing players... It's starting to get to the point where you have to be good enough to fold Kings pre...and the once lovable 6-max has now turned into a 4bet bluff warand heads up is nearly dead since nearly half the shortstacking fish are goneI mean I'm profiting still... but this game ain't what it used to be even 6 months ago

Strat doesn't help at all anymore. With all-in pre's, why not just gamble instead of playing a sport?I have a really tall giraffe to prove my point.
LOL... ummmm read the FAQ plox... you has a lot to learn from what I've seen you post imo
LOL... ummmm read the FAQ plox... you has a lot to learn from what I've seen you post imo
I don't know how to fold double pairs, triplets, straights, flushes, or full houses. Should I fold every time I get one, cause it seems I should.

On the game being dead, I disagree. Last year was my best year in 5 years of playing. This year is also going at a decent pace.Just because poker may have more leveling wars now doesn't disqualify it...just means that you have to stay ahead of the curve and get better at leveling wars.

also **** Iron Man. Do I really have to play almost every day of the week to qualify for this shit?
Going for my second month of Iron Man. Four-table 50NL Rush for 45 minutes per day. Rinse. Repeat.

good post, cobalt!I'm so new to "real poker" that I don't know.I know that every time I sit down and play I see terrible play. Granted I play 10nl. But I also sweat a lot of 100nl and 200nl and still see some ridic stuff

Should I call since it could improve my outs greatly?feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 6 playersSB: $2.91 BB: $2.93 (Hero)UTG: $0.75 UTG+1: $1.84 CO: $7.64 Button: $6.19 Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with Jc.gif8s.gif (6 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.02, 2 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero checksFlop: ($0.06) 2h.gif7s.gifTs.gif (3 players)SB bets $0.04, Hero ?,

On the game being dead, I disagree. Last year was my best year in 5 years of playing. This year is also going at a decent pace.Just because poker may have more leveling wars now doesn't disqualify it...just means that you have to stay ahead of the curve and get better at leveling wars.
This. Poker has gotten tougher for sure, but it's still very very beatable. Helps that a lot of people that have improved will never get passed 100NL.
This. Poker has gotten tougher for sure, but it's still very very beatable. Helps that a lot of people that have improved will never get passed 100NL.
Pretty heavy logical inconsistency itt, the player pool gets better, trickle down effect as breakeven 5/10 regs become good 2/4 and 3/6 regs, etc.That said, regs are still as stupid as ever. Games are definitely still very juicy