New Challenge: Movin' On Up

you know you run badly when....[x] this hand happenslol at you guys who worry about redlines at the microsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (Button) ($10.46)SB ($10.36)BB ($10.41)UTG ($10.46)MP ($9.89)CO ($72.96)Preflop: Hero is Button with K :club:, K :5c2 folds, CO bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.20, SB calls $1.15, 1 fold, CO calls $0.90Flop: ($3.70) 7 :3h, 7 :D, 4 :qh(3 players)SB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $1.80, SB calls $1.80, 1 foldTurn: ($7.30) 4 :ts(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $4.10, SB raises to $7.36 (All-In), Hero calls $3.26River: ($22.02) 6 :jh(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $22.02 | Rake: $1.46Results:Hero had K :4h, K :D (two pair, Kings and sevens).SB had 4 :D, 2 :D (full house, fours over sevens).Outcome: SB won $20.56

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($11.30)UTG ($9.85)Hero (MP) ($10)CO ($22.75)Button ($14.41)SB ($10.05)Preflop: Hero is MP with 10 :4h, 8 :5c1 fold, Hero bets $0.30, 1 fold, Button calls $0.30, 2 foldsFlop: ($0.75) 8 :club:, 10 :ts, 5 :3h(2 players)Hero bets $0.50, Button calls $0.50Turn: ($1.75) K :qh(2 players)Hero bets $1.20, Button raises to $3.20, Hero raises to $9.20 (All-In)

in an hour session I ran into so many ridic monsters4 Fhsquads oncetwo setsaces twice against qq 3bet probably 50 times pffortunately for me, and unfortunately for FULL TILT, 10nl players are obsessed w/slowplaying so I didn't get stacked as much as I should've.and this hilarious hand tooFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($9.35)UTG ($11.14)MP ($10)CO ($12.46)Button ($15.04)Hero (SB) ($10.78)Preflop: Hero is SB with K :D, K :club:4 folds, Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.20Flop: ($0.60) 3 :ts, J :3h, 5 :4h(2 players)Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40Turn: ($1.40) 10 :qh(2 players)Hero bets $1.10, BB calls $1.10River: ($3.60) K :jh(2 players)Hero bets $2.50, BB calls $2.50Total pot: $8.60 | Rake: $0.56Results:Hero had K :D, K :5c (three of a kind, Kings).BB had J :D, 3 :D (two pair, Jacks and threes).Outcome: Hero won $8.60

Just heard JK3A say in a video:"we wish it went the other way, where shinuri calls and trystero folds, bc trystero is a much tougher opponent, especially this deep"*trystero49 but still

Just heard JK3A say in a video:"we wish it went the other way, where shinuri calls and trystero folds, bc trystero is a much tougher opponent, especially this deep"*trystero49 but still
I've played trystero, he didn't impress me that much!And binkkk the 2.4k. Pretty sure I lost like 1k in equity being 3rd in chips (and twice 4th) and having the 2 chipleaders on my left for the FT

I had been doing really good at this table, so I went off what I've been trying to only play at BB. Just a tad. The ethics of how I got in doesn't really matter. What does matter is the 5th, and how to go about going there. I read the guy to my right didn't have a K, and the UTG didn't bet, so I assume a Q would give me top pair out of these guys. With an A giving me top top pair, as well with the added inside straight draw, I'm looking at 10 outs. I get into these positions quite often. I want to throw a semi-bluff out there. How do you play in this position?feral_cow_icon.gifMoooooooooooraaawwwr.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 5 playersUTG: $1.77 CO: $1.90 Button: $1.10 SB: $1.38 BB: $1.10 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with Qh.gifAc.gif (5 players)UTG calls $0.02, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.04, UTG calls $0.04Flop: ($0.18) 5s.gif4c.gifKs.gif (3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checksTurn: ($0.18) Jc.gif (3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG HAHA

I've played trystero, he didn't impress me that much!And binkkk the 2.4k. Pretty sure I lost like 1k in equity being 3rd in chips (and twice 4th) and having the 2 chipleaders on my left for the FT
Nice score. You've inspired me to quit playing cash and try to make it in MTTs
I had been doing really good at this table, so I went off what I've been trying to only play at BB. Just a tad. The ethics of how I got in doesn't really matter. What does matter is the 5th, and how to go about going there. I read the guy to my right didn't have a K, and the UTG didn't bet, so I assume a Q would give me top pair out of these guys. With an A giving me top top pair, as well with the added inside straight draw, I'm looking at 10 outs. I get into these positions quite often. I want to throw a semi-bluff out there. How do you play in this position?feral_cow_icon.gifMoooooooooooraaawwwr.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 5 playersUTG: $1.77 CO: $1.90 Button: $1.10 SB: $1.38 BB: $1.10 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with Qh.gifAc.gif (5 players)UTG calls $0.02, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.04, UTG calls $0.04Flop: ($0.18) 5s.gif4c.gifKs.gif (3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checksTurn: ($0.18) Jc.gif (3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG HAHA
WTF?
Going for my second month of Iron Man. Four-table 50NL Rush for 45 minutes per day. Rinse. Repeat.
So that IS you playing rush. Saw the name a lot lately (but now at 100NL, so I guess you've moved up?), was wondering if it was you. You're not all that much fun to play against, but its somewhat offset by the whole 'reset dynamics after each hand' set up. As for Iron Man - yea, Rush, especially if you can play during rush happy hour, is really a great way to keep your status. If its a day where I'm not really in to playing or the tables aren't good, 30mins during happy hour for the 200 points, and then save my heavy grinding days for when I'm focused.14th month in a row of Iron level, holding out hope that they come through with their promise to upgrade the Iron Man program.

What do you do when you're on the turn with 10+ outs, but don't actually have anything yet? Personally. Also, is it a good thing I win most of my pots without going to showdown?

What do you do when you're on the turn with 10+ outs, but don't actually have anything yet? Personally. Also, is it a good thing I win most of my pots without going to showdown?
This question is way too general for us to answer. We would need to know position, stack sizes, preflop and flop action, your hand, and the board - at a minimum.

This is the hand...feral_cow_icon.gifMoooooooooooraaawwwr.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 5 playersUTG: $1.77 CO: $1.90 Button: $1.10 SB: $1.38 BB: $1.10 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with Qh.gifAc.gif (5 players)UTG calls $0.02, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.04, UTG calls $0.04Flop: ($0.18) 5s.gif4c.gifKs.gif (3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checksTurn: ($0.18) Jc.gif (3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG HAHA

feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 6 playersButton: $5.05 SB: $3.95 BB: $11.72 (Hero)UTG: $6.30 UTG+1: $2.00 CO: $2.25 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with :qh:4h (6 players)UTG raises to $0.20, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, UTG calls $0.40Flop: ($1.22) :jh:club::ts (2 players)Hero checks, UTG checksTurn: ($1.22) :3h (2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80River: ($2.82) :5c (2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20
feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 6 playersButton: $5.05 SB: $3.95 BB: $11.72 (Hero)UTG: $6.30 UTG+1: $2.00 CO: $2.25 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with :qh:4h (6 players)UTG raises to $0.20, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, UTG calls $0.40Flop: ($1.22) :jh:club::ts (2 players)Hero checks, UTG checksTurn: ($1.22) :3h (2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80River: ($2.82) :5c (2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20
I can see reasons for not betting flop, but I hate the turn check.
I can see reasons for not betting flop, but I hate the turn check.
Why? How does this turn put us ahead of any hands that could have hit the flop? Unless you put him on QJ...
wat? Why on earth wouldn't you value bet?
I lose to AA, QQ, JJ, AQ, AJ both on the flop and the turn. I don't know how often he's gonna have one of those hands but i tend to believe that he's more likely in that range if he called my 3-bet. I can only get value from like... A10, Kings and maybe Q10 or J10? Or to be fair a couple of hands a donk would overplay there like any mid-ace he would actually call a 3-bet with (he was a winning player over something like 80k hands so i at least give credits for not being a massive lagtard). We are both pretty deep and i'm out of position on this, well, not draw heavy but certainly dangerous board so i don't want to commit myself to the pot. So i'm either way behind or way ahead on the turn. If i bet and he folds, then i win a pot i was pretty much destined to win anyway. If i bet and he calls, i'm still unsure if he's ahead or behind; i simply increased the pot in the process and may commit myself if he raises. So i thought i would just check/call it down. This way, i might get value from the hands i beat that he wouldn't call with otherwise (he's pretty aggro). The flaw is that i might win a small pot against A10 but lose a big one against AQ but that doesn't seem as bad as losing a bigger pot if he has QQ/JJ or winning the pot as it is if i bet, which is as small as i can win it.I might have gave him too much credits on his range tho. I might also have a flawed logic, even though it seems to make sense to me.