New Challenge: Movin' On Up

I'm back.uXvnG.gifI'm going to play some poker this month. I'm going to have a good time. I'm going to win money. ......I'm pretty sure only two of the above three are going to happen. The goal is all three though.Can I get a summary of the last 14 pages (or 280 posts). Anyone drop some knowledge?

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

cliff's notes:james plays poker to win phantom money. eddie is a live pro.jon lost weight.marchant is the resident baller.hot avatar guy took a shot at 600nl.NA made an appearance to lol at it.qed the british guy posted a few times.I contribute nothing. per usual.

played in the .25/.50 choice game James introduced me to last week. Game started with a small $40 buyin Holdem/Omaha8/Crazy Pineapple). There were only 5 entrants and only 1 person busted and rebought and after level 3 (color up/small break) we decided to payout top 3. Of course, by 'we' I mean I said I'd rather it pay top two but everybody else disagreed and said top 3 would be better so the 3rd place person could have a buyin for the cash game (Because apparently nobody brought any other money...?). At that point I had like 10k(30k in play) and was close to even with another guy. Eventually found myself CL with 3 left with like 75% of the chips. The two short stacks collided and I got HU. But got A234ss in pre against A4JJ and the flop comes QJ9. So we were even and chopped for $80 each.#Drawingdeadontheflopinomaha8We then played the choice game which I ended up winning $60 playing the weirdest games ever. There was the usual Holdem/Omaha 8 games but then people started calling all sorts of weird shit like Omaha hi/lo with two boards, It was best hi/best low for BOTH boards so if you have the nut flush on one board and somebody else has a boat on another board you don't win any of the high. We also played 'Texaha' where you get 6 cards, and you split them into an Omaha hand and a Holdem hand preflop and the hands must stay that way so you can't switch cards preflop. Best holdem hand wins half and best omaha hand wins half. And just incase that didn't make my head asplode enough a couple people called Texahilo which is (you guessed it) Hi/lo of the same game. It was head-schratchingly funny to watch people get 1/8th and 3/8th. What was even funnier was when we were playing games like that and people would try to question plays. Like 'how can you call that preflop?' as if there is a Texahilo chapter in SuperSystem or something, lol. Somebody even tried calling NL Stud 8 (You read that correctly) which was quickly shot down. My run good continued when I stopped at McDonalds. I gave the drive-thru lady the monies, got my food, then she gave my money back and said 'it's good' lol. I wish my order cost more than $2.20 now, lolz.James, that game is really good. Last night we only got 6 handed and Raleigh(?) (The guy that made it $13 pre in O8 last time and berated players as they called) came for cash, lost $60 or so pretty quick and left. Mike also can annoy me for several reason. He one of those guys that can go on a heater for a while, and then lose one pot and bitch about his luck. He also does that thing where after he deals the flop, he puts the turn and river face down which I hate in a game like this. There is no 'pot' in this game or a muck usually. So there are cards and chips sitting everywhere and so many bad things can happen but whatevs. He did started running bad towards the end and seemingly every other hand he would open fold post flop and throw his cards down which was pretty funny(at least I thought so). Cliff notes;+$40 in HOP tourney+$60 in crazy .25/.50 cashFree McDonaldsJames, it's a cool game.

I'm back.uXvnG.gif
Where have you been, sir?This .gif reminds me of robot unicorn
cliff's notes:james plays poker to win phantom money. (And I enjoy poker again (results fish ftw))eddie is a live pro. (we had a home game meet up and he's very cute)jon lost weight. (also very cute)marchant is the resident baller. (he has blue hair now)hot avatar guy took a shot at 600nl. (kepper, and he won AK > K6 on a KXX board :club:)NA made an appearance to lol at it. (haters are going to hate)qed the british guy posted a few times. (no rush has hurt his volume, but he's running his PS monies up from 5nl)I contribute nothing. per usual. (this is true)
fyp
cliff's notes:james plays poker to win phantom money. eddie is a live semi-pro.jon lost weight.marchant is the resident baller.hot avatar guy took a shot at 600nl.NA made an appearance to lol at it.qed the british guy posted a few times.I contribute nothing. per usual.
FYP. But I don't like to brag about it...
cliff's notes:james plays poker to win phantom money. eddie is a live pro.jon lost weight.marchant is the resident baller.hot avatar guy took a shot at 600nl.NA made an appearance to lol at it.qed the british guy posted a few times.I contribute nothing. per usual.
and dustin was apparently forgotten about and a thing of the past
who???
i heard he sucked and just gave up and decided to grind IRL work for 65hrs/week

just clickin' buttons :club: Merge No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Merge Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($4)UTG ($4.10)kosintrouble (MP) ($4)Hero (Button) ($4.94)SB ($6.86)Preflop: Hero is Button with 7 :ts, 10 :4h1 fold, kosintrouble bets $0.11, Hero calls $0.11, 2 foldsFlop: ($0.28) J :qh, 2 :jh, 3 :D(2 players)kosintrouble checks, Hero bets $0.14, kosintrouble raises to $0.42, Hero calls $0.28Turn: ($1.12) 5 :D(2 players)kosintrouble checks, Hero bets $0.36, 1 foldTotal pot: $1.12Results:Hero didn't show 7 :5c, 10 :3h.Outcome: Hero won $1.43

just clickin' buttons :club: Merge No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Merge Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($4)UTG ($4.10)kosintrouble (MP) ($4)Hero (Button) ($4.94)SB ($6.86)Preflop: Hero is Button with 7 :ts, 10 :4h1 fold, kosintrouble bets $0.11, Hero calls $0.11, 2 foldsFlop: ($0.28) J :qh, 2 :jh, 3 :D(2 players)kosintrouble checks, Hero bets $0.14, kosintrouble raises to $0.42, Hero calls $0.28Turn: ($1.12) 5 :D(2 players)kosintrouble checks, Hero bets $0.36, 1 foldTotal pot: $1.12Results:Hero didn't show 7 :5c, 10 :3h.Outcome: Hero won $1.43
bastard! I thought you had club. Ohh well, although my hand had you beat, against your range, I still stand by the fold.
Where have you been, sir?This .gif reminds me of robot unicorn
No really cool stories to report, just the usual life B.S.Unicorns rule. Like a horse only with a horn for self defence. How can that not be the most manly thing in the world.
Anyone been watching this weeks big game? TonyG done angle shoot the hell out of Hellmuth on ep2.
Anything that is said about a hand while in a hand HU is fair imo. TongG is right in that if Hellmuth had seen him look at his cards then tried to sell the "didn't look" line, then he just completely screwed the pooch about bluffing in that spot. If you want to believe that someone is trying to punt money at you then you do so at your own risk. He has no obligation to make sure you can exploit him.

Merge, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 PlayersLeggoPoker.com - Hand History ConverterCO: $10BTN: $28.80SB: $10BB: $1.91Hero (UTG): $10MP: $10.15Pre-Flop: Aspadenormal.gif Jclub.gif dealt to Hero (UTG)Hero raises to $0.35, MP calls $0.35, CO raises to $1.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.25, MP folds, CO calls $1.15Flop: ($5) Kdiamond.gif Theartnormal.gif 2club.gif (2 Players)Hero checks, CO bets $2.50, Hero raises to $7.75 and is All-In, CO foldsResults: $10 PotHero showed Aspadenormal.gif Jclub.gif and WON $14.75 (+$10 NET)grinder: two short breaks for drink refill and push-ups04.png

Been keeping up with the Big Game almost daily. While Phil is correct that Tony was shooting an angle for sure, Tony is correct that Phil shouldn't really believe him. It's not like these two are best friends. They always get into on the felt and Phil shouldn't really be surprised.On another note I think raise/folding AJ is pretty bad anyway.

busted my stars play money acct tonight in a ridic 2 tabling PLO matchI know to fold underfulls in PLO but not in HUPLO... fmlwon at real money pokerz today though... good start to the month05.png

Merge, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 PlayersLeggoPoker.com - Hand History ConverterCO: $10BTN: $28.80SB: $10BB: $1.91Hero (UTG): $10MP: $10.15Pre-Flop: Aspadenormal.gif Jclub.gif dealt to Hero (UTG)Hero raises to $0.35, MP calls $0.35, CO raises to $1.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.25, MP folds, CO calls $1.15Flop: ($5) Kdiamond.gif Theartnormal.gif 2club.gif (2 Players)Hero checks, CO bets $2.50, Hero raises to $7.75 and is All-In, CO foldsResults: $10 PotHero showed Aspadenormal.gif Jclub.gif and WON $14.75 (+$10 NET)
who gave you my playbook?

Villain is a 79/21 that never folds.I did end up taking most of his moneyz.Merge No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (4 handed) - Merge Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($5.67)Hero (SB) ($4.60)BB ($18.03)UTG ($4.22)Preflop: Hero is SB with 7 :5c, 5 :diamond:BB calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero checksFlop: ($0.10) Q :3h, 7 :3d, J :qh(2 players)Hero checks, BB checksTurn: ($0.10) 7 :club:(2 players)Hero bets $0.26, BB raises to $0.52, Hero raises to $0.86, BB calls $0.34River: ($1.82) 9 :ts(2 players)Hero bets $1.01, BB calls $1.01Total pot: $3.84 | Rake: $0.19Results:Hero had 7 :jh, 5 :4h (three of a kind, sevens).BB had K :club:, J :ts (two pair, Jacks and sevens).Outcome: Hero won $3.65Merge No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - Merge Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($6.85)MP ($5.65)CO ($4)Hero (Button) ($6.32)SB ($16.14)BB ($4.22)Preflop: Hero is Button with 6 :5c, J :3h2 folds, CO checks, Hero calls $0.04, SB bets $0.16, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.12Flop: ($0.36) 5 :qh, 6 :7s, 9 :jh(2 players)SB bets $0.28, Hero raises to $0.68, SB calls $0.40Turn: ($1.72) 7 :D(2 players)SB bets $0.52, Hero raises to $1.88, SB calls $1.36River: ($5.48) 5 :qc(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $3.10, SB raises to $13.42 (All-In), Hero calls $0.50 (All-In)Total pot: $12.68Results:Hero had 6 :D, J :D (flush, Jack high).SB had 2 :D, 2 :4h (two pair, fives and twos).Outcome: Hero won $12.09

I agree that Hellmuth should have been paying attention enough to know if Tony looked or not but it's still abit scummy to claim he didn't when he did. Hellmuth deserves what he gets anyway.

lol regsMerge, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 PlayersLeggoPoker.com - Hand History ConverterBB: $10.85Hero (UTG): $10.79MP: $9.75CO: $10BTN: $8.33SB: $10Pre-Flop: Aclub.gif Adiamond.gif dealt to Hero (UTG)Hero raises to $0.35, MP folds, CO calls $0.35, 3 foldsFlop: ($0.85) 9spadenormal.gif 3club.gif Kclub.gif (2 Players)Hero bets $0.60, CO raises to $1.96, Hero raises to $4, CO raises to $9.65 and is All-In, Hero calls $5.65Turn: ($20.15) Jdiamond.gif (2 Players - 1 is All-In)River: ($20.15) Tspadenormal.gif (2 Players - 1 is All-In)Results: $20.15 Pot ($1 Rake)Hero showed Aclub.gif Adiamond.gif and WON $19.15 (+$9.15 NET)CO showed Kdiamond.gif Aheartnormal.gif and LOST (-$10 NET)