Beans-n-icewater Protege Contest

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even think I can come up with a story that will keep me in the running for week 2.
For what it's worth, it's going to be a cumulative score for all three weeks. There aren't going to be eliminations or anything like that.And based on the replies in here, nobody (except Scram) thinks they will do well, so it can't hurt to try.Week One Challenge thread coming soon...

Just in case some people are planning ahead or something, I'm going to make a revision to the week two challenge.Due to popular demand, it will be an optional Sal photoshop or Corona pic challenge.We'll call it "Corona in Paradise."Try not to think of the title in literal terms; maybe get in a Jimmy Buffet frame of mind instead.

I suppose I'll track the standings here...Current standingsCaneBrain - 5turd ferguson - 4LadyGrey - 2.5vbnautilus - 2.5Balloon guy - 1Remember, failing to place in the first challenge does not eliminate you from having a chance to win.

I suppose I'll track the standings here...Current standingsCaneBrain - 5turd ferguson - 4LadyGrey - 2.5vbnautilus - 2.5Balloon guy - 1Remember, failing to place in the first challenge does not eliminate you from having a chance to win.
but it is definitely a debilitating crutch!

I been missing too ****ing much obviously lol, great idea JJJ looking forward to the readings. LG keep it up girl

• 2 weeks later...

Week One - Story TimeCaneBrain - 5turd ferguson - 4LadyGrey - 2.5vbnautilus - 2.5Balloon guy - 1Week Two - Corona in Paradiseturd ferguson - 5LadyGrey - 4qyayqi - 3vbnautilus - 2runthemover - 0.5leftygolfer - 0.5Current Standingsturd ferguson - 9LadyGrey - 6.5CaneBrain - 5vbnautilus - 4.5qyayqi - 3Balloon guy - 1runthemover - 0.5leftygolfer - 0.5

For those of you who don't want to do the math...the winner of the Beans-n-Icewater Protege contest, with a 3rd and two 2nd place finishes, is...LadyGrey!LadyGrey narrowly beat out vbnautilus by a score of 10.5 to 9.5.VB had a 3rd and 4th and a 1st place finish.These were the only two contestants to place in each of the three challenges.Congratulations to LadyGrey (prizes to be discussed/announced later).

For those of you who don't want to do the math...the winner of the Beans-n-Icewater Protege contest, with a 3rd and two 2nd place finishes, is...LadyGrey!LadyGrey narrowly beat out vbnautilus by a score of 10.5 to 9.5.VB had a 3rd and 4th and a 1st place finish.These were the only two contestants to place in each of the three challenges.Congratulations to LadyGrey (prizes to be discussed/announced later).
congrats LG!JJJ, when you make your official "final standings" post (and that better not be it) i suggest you should make each finishers name in each category a link to their post, for easy perusal in coming years. or today, for those of us who have poor memories and can't remember any of the stories.

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS2441952924_40071c4d10.jpgI'd like to thank the judges for their good taste, the other contestants for being less gooder than me, and Scram for not entering, since he would obviously have won by a colossal margin. SMOKEY-CAT-MEDAL-WINNER.JPGDue to the closeness of the competition I elect to share my prizes with VB. He may receive the bound copy of Beans' cartoons, and possibly another prize or two but I can't remember what the rest are.win-cat-150x150.jpgFinally, I would like to express my immense pride and pleasure at becoming Beans' protege. I look forward to any mentoring sessions he manages to fit into his schedule (probably none, or perhaps one phonecall of half-hearted rambling). My inevitable success as a result of winning this honour will doubtless be hard to handle - the interviews, the media coverage, recognition on the street - but I will attempt to handle my newfound fame with dignity and humility.Most importantly, thank you Beans! Without you there would be no contest for me to win.- The Protege

Congratulations. Well-deserved, though ironic that consistency won a Beansian contest, as opposed to ridiculous awesomeness in only select categories.I look forward to a decrease in your writing abilities, more than offset by a significant increase in drunken violence.

I look forward to a decrease in your writing abilities, more than offset by a significant increase in drunken violence.
Wow, you, uh, you really don't know beans at all, do you?