Random Football Observations

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did anyone just watch that 3rd and 7 scramble? Cam is such an incredible creature.

That Bama-Auburn ending is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. How fabulous.

I think it gets messy if I try to break things down like that. I would rather watch one regular season NFL game than one regular season MLB game, but I still like baseball more. I like talking about it, I like reading about it, and it's hard to beat going to a nice summer day game with a friend and having a few beers. It's just that there's so many games. Like, a whole lot of them. And I might even choose watching the Super Bowl over game 7 of the World Series (although it would matter somewhat the teams involved), but that's because the Super Bowl is an event. I'm not sure how to settle this. I'm thinking: brackets.
Good post. I don't watch a whole bunch of football, mostly because I am usually pretty busy on Sundays, but I do really enjoy it. I'd definitely watch a random regular season football game with no vested interest, But I wouldn't sit through a Cubs/Pirates game unless it had serious fantasy or betting implications for me. That said, I am definitely placing MLB higher than NFL on the 'sports I love the most' list. My list:NHL(pretty big, but not obnoxiously large space)MLBNFLGolfSoccer (World cup and Euro are probably higher, but they happen so rarely, I don't think they deserve their own entry)March MadnessDartsNBA (I don't watch NBA basketball at all, but I do keep myself up to date on the league for the most part, which is why I am including it here. I think I watched the last 5 minutes of the finals, game 6 this year)Tennis (See NBA)
What happens when he plays against a secondary that isn't the worst in the league?
1) the Arizona secondary isn't the worst in the league2) Even if it were, so what? HE'S A ROOKIE PLAYING IN HIS FIRST GAME AFTER A LOCK OUT SHORTENED OFF SEASON. This story isn't getting enough hype. His performance blew my mind.
1) the Arizona secondary isn't the worst in the league2) Even if it were, so what? HE'S A ROOKIE PLAYING IN HIS FIRST GAME AFTER A LOCK OUT SHORTENED OFF SEASON. This story isn't getting enough hype. His performance blew my mind.
Dan Le Batard ripped his performance and said he would have a HUGE dropoff this week.

Le Batard is correct that Newton will drop off this week. Not really an out on a limb prediction tho. And long term, I love Cam. He is more accurate than people give him credit for.

Le Batard is correct that Newton will drop off this week. Not really an out on a limb prediction tho. And long term, I love Cam. He is more accurate than people give him credit for.
And yet even the most mightly limbs snap under the weight of cam's greatness
i just dont like cam newton. i dont want him to be good.
You need to put your SEC hate down and get on the right side of history here. Cam is the future.

I didn't watch the GB/CAR game, so I don't know if a big deal was made of it, but there was a lot of fuss made on the NE/SD broadcast about Brady becoming the 6th QB in NFL history to throw for 400+ yards 2 weeks in a row. Cam newton was the fifth QB to do it, earlier in the day.

And yet even the most mightly limbs snap under the weight of cam's greatness
Eh. He didn't drop off from a yardage standpoint which is awesome....but he did finally make some rookie mistakes and had serious red zone accuracy issues.He sure looks like the most pro-ready rookie QB since Rapelisberger.
1) I read that somewhere; I don't know if it's true obviously. I don't even know how you would measure such a thing. I'm certainly not going to watch game film of every team to try to figure out if it's true. 2) I think match-ups are important.2b) It was impressive, no doubt. When I saw the box score of the GB/Car game, my jaw dropped a little. Back to back is crazy.3) Raiders-Bills was the best game of the day.
3) Raiders-Bills was the best game of the day.
agreed, that game was crazy, thank god I didn't have any money riding on it.I did, however, have some riding on the Eagles/ATL game, and that was also a really, really good game. albeit frustrating.
Grantland guy writes his week 2 NFL wrap-up:http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/699146...l-review-week-2Dolphins get special mention for most egregious use of a time-out and for continuing to play the worst player in the NFL. Depressing times.
Yeah, I almost puked when they took that timeout. I mean did they really expect Houston to be fooled? Miami was only down by 10 with 8 minutes left, of course they aren't going for it on 4 and 1 from their own 17.I do like the new OC though. They seemed to get down field pretty easily the last 2 weeks. They just suck ass in the redzone.
Yeah, I almost puked when they took that timeout. I mean did they really expect Houston to be fooled? Miami was only down by 10 with 8 minutes left, of course they aren't going for it on 4 and 1 from their own 17.I do like the new OC though. They seemed to get down field pretty easily the last 2 weeks. They just suck ass in the redzone.
They are going downfield more. But going 1-11 at home? Man. I actually left the stadium after that stupid time out. I just can't take it anymore. I've seen like 9 of those 11 losses.

What the hell was the incessant noise during the lions Vikings game? The entire game was unwatchable.