Random Football Observations

What the hell was the incessant noise during the lions Vikings game? The entire game was unwatchable.
It was pretty bad but I only got it on Redzone and not when watching the game directly on Fox.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did anyone just watch that 3rd and 7 scramble? Cam is such an incredible creature.

That Bama-Auburn ending is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. How fabulous.

It must have been a RedZone thing then, but it's all over the internet. I was about ready to murder someone every time they switched to that game.

go on...
Well, remember when he muffed that kickoff and then when he was back the next time to receive a kickoff they showed him playing air guitar? They had a close-up of him and his pants are quite tight. His package was very visible. And it was pointing left.1693pdj.gifThis is the only picture I can find; it was clearer on a big screen.
the music in those NFL Play 60 commercials.
It would be like fingernails on a chalkboard for Scram.

I am legitimately shocked that anyone likes Chris Collinsworth. He couldn't have possibly contradicted himself more in the game tonight.Also, did anyone watch the Giants game? Eli had another terrible game, but alas his receivers were constantly doing superhuman things to bail him out, and his STAT line ended up looking great. (Except for his 3 int's and random fumbles)Just like the 2008 Superbowl, when almost everyone except Eli should have gotten the MVP.

I rarely ever pay attention to what commentators are actually saying, since the majority of it is pretty stupid or just common sense. The only thing I don't like about Collinsworth is the sound of his voice. Like literally the tone of his voice just irritates the shit out of me for some reason.

Jay Cutler is playing one of the greatest games I've ever seen a QB play. Not fair what they're making him do.
Completely agree, I have a lot more respect for him after watching tonight's game. Zero protection, but still manages to make some great throws while scrambling for his life. I'd love to watch him play with a great offensive line in front of him and a legitimate #1 wide receiver to compliment Forte's pass catching abilities.

First drive of the Monday night game game, the dolphins punted on 4th and 1 on the jets 40. If I were ross, I would have fired Sporano at half time for punting in that situation. it's basically never correct to punt on the opponents 40, but when it's 4th and god damn 1... I mean seriously, there's no excuse for that kind of risk aversion. That's just plain stupid. Seriously, I don't think anything tilts me more in sports than couches punting when they shouldn't. I guess what pisses me off most about it, is when someone like Belechek correctly goes for a short 4th down and fails, he gets killed in the press for it. BUt when Sporano just gives the ball away for no reason in his opponents side of the field, the god damn announcers don't even question it, much less cause a controversy. Punting in that situation is a clear sign of incompetence and systemic poor decision making, and SOMEONE in the booth should have killed Sporano for it. They probably didn't say anything because the Fins lucked out and the ball took a good bounce and they downed it at like the 3 or something, instead of the much more likely outcome, a touchback and a 20 yard punt.

First drive of the Monday night game game, the dolphins punted on 4th and 1 on the jets 40. If I were ross, I would have fired Sporano at half time for punting in that situation. it's basically never correct to punt on the opponents 40, but when it's 4th and god damn 1... I mean seriously, there's no excuse for that kind of risk aversion. That's just plain stupid. Seriously, I don't think anything tilts me more in sports than couches punting when they shouldn't. I guess what pisses me off most about it, is when someone like Belechek correctly goes for a short 4th down and fails, he gets killed in the press for it. BUt when Sporano just gives the ball away for no reason in his opponents side of the field, the god damn announcers don't even question it, much less cause a controversy. Punting in that situation is a clear sign of incompetence and systemic poor decision making, and SOMEONE in the booth should have killed Sporano for it. They probably didn't say anything because the Fins lucked out and the ball took a good bounce and they downed it at like the 3 or something, instead of the much more likely outcome, a touchback and a 20 yard punt.
That wasn't even his most gutless decision of the first half! How about when the Dolphins got the ball back on their own 20 with 1:14 left in the first half and ran the ball twice and went to the locker room? You're 0-4, down 8, WTF do you have to lose? How big a pussy do you have to be to basically take a knee in that situation?That should have caused Ross to fire Sparano at the half. At least the punt is semi-defensible (it's early, your offense sucks, pinning a bad Jets offense deep in their territory could be useful, etc). But laying down like a bitch with over a minute on the clock? That's disgusting. I was at the game and spent the second half hoping Sparano got his knee blown out like Sean Payton. The Jets fans around me were openly laughing at how big a pussy Sparano is. Embarrassing doesn't even begin to describe it.I'm honestly contemplating going to the Dolphins/Broncos game next week just to boo these assholes early and often.
That wasn't even his most gutless decision of the first half! How about when the Dolphins got the ball back on their own 20 with 1:14 left in the first half and ran the ball twice and went to the locker room? You're 0-4, down 8, WTF do you have to lose? How big a pussy do you have to be to basically take a knee in that situation?That should have caused Ross to fire Sparano at the half. At least the punt is semi-defensible (it's early, your offense sucks, pinning a bad Jets offense deep in their territory could be useful, etc). But laying down like a bitch with over a minute on the clock? That's disgusting. I was at the game and spent the second half hoping Sparano got his knee blown out like Sean Payton. The Jets fans around me were openly laughing at how big a pussy Sparano is. Embarrassing doesn't even begin to describe it.I'm honestly contemplating going to the Dolphins/Broncos game next week just to boo these assholes early and often.
It wasn't arguing that it was "Gutless" I was arguing that it was grossly incompetent.And no, it's not semi defensible. The math is SO strongly against punting in that situation. So, either Sporano doesn't know the math w/r/t punting verses going for it on 4th down, or willfully ignores it. So either he's incompetent or he's an idiot, either way I would fire him. The chance of "pinning them" deep in their own territory doesn't out weigh giving up possession. If you get a first down at the 40, you're basically now in scoring position, so you're not just trading possession for a (likely) minimal amount of field position, you're trading points as well. Like, it's not mathematically correct to punt when it's 4th and 10 at the 40, but 4th and 1.. it's just a ridiculously bad decisionHonestly though, If I were a dolphins fan, I would be rooting for them to loose every game. Next week is a big game in the suck for luck sweepstakes.

It's actually not mathematically correct to punt ever.I wonder how differently the game plays out if the pass interference (or at least illegal contact) was called on Revis. You take away a Jets TD and give the Dolphins first and goal at the 1. And then you have Marshall losing his balance along the sideline when he was running in for a TD and dropping another TD. The Dolphins could've won this game; I think this Jets team might not be good.I was pretty fascinated by Brandon Marshall all night.