you know you're playing a fish when he says...

"So what's a fish" After he had called capped bettning on the flop and turn with only Kh-3h, and hit the flush on the river. I had three queens.
PINCHY PINCHY
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest XXEddie
"So what's a fish" After he had called capped bettning on the flop and turn with only Kh-3h, and hit the flush on the river. I had three queens.
PINCHY PINCHY
*sigh*, dumb newbsfirst, its "pinch, pinch"second, Krablar is K30dam when will you newbs learn!!!!!!!(sw)
Guest XXEddie

board shows KJ9I player moves in another callesAK and 99turn 2 river Tsomeone-"dang, folded AQ" note he wasnt getting NEAR the pot odds to chase the str8, even if you included the Afish-"If you folded 4 to a str8 you dont deserve to be here"

playing 1-2 limit at the Hardrock in Hollywwod FL Saturday (i made 100 in 5 hours)I get 3 6 off in the bb no raise so i see it for free...flop: a 3 6 rainbowI bet and raise the whole handturn: qriver:9at the end both players still in flip over Aces with ok kickers and I show my two pair which everyone misses until I actually have to point it out...(the dealer was in the process of giving my pot away)comment from a fish on the side who wasn't involved " geez the stuff some people will play here..." i say: "I was in the BB" fish:"so what does that mean?"me:"I played it for free"fish:"its still crap"(pause)me"but its my favorite hand"fish:"ohhhhhh...(in a very understanding tone)

MP player moves all in with A 7 suited.Player next to act (has MP player covered) calls w/ AKFlop is King high.All in player is drawing dead to running 7's.Turn is a 7.River is a 7.Audience groans, shellshocked by what just happened.Lucky POS player acknowledges the crowd, raises his arms, smiles, waves, and humbly says "thank you" to the crowd, as if the crowd was applauding his amazing play.- Danny Nguyen, 2005 WPT San Jose Bay 101 Shooting Stars final table

MP player moves all in with A 7 suited.Player next to act (has MP player covered) calls w/ AKFlop is King high.All in player is drawing dead to running 7's.Turn is a 7.River is a 7.Audience groans, shellshocked by what just happened.Lucky POS player acknowledges the crowd, raises his arms, smiles, waves, and humbly says "thank you" to the crowd, as if the crowd was applauding his amazing play.- Danny Nguyen, 2005 WPT San Jose Bay 101 Shooting Stars final table
Wasn't he joking?
Wasn't he joking?
I would never give him that much credit. Never.
Wasn't he joking?
8)I would never give him that much credit. Never.

3-handed end of an MTT on Stars.Blinds 1500/3000Hero: 14kSB: 30kBB:109KHero has A:diamond: 6:heart: in ButtonHero moves all in. SB folds, BB calls, showing A:club:J:spade:Board:xxxx6Hero is big fish, goes on to win tournament

One of my favs happened just this afternoon in a sit-n-go tourney online. The blinds were 15/30, I was on the SB and the other guy (idiot from here on in) was on the big blind. The hand went down like this:Me: 9 :D-10 :club:Idiot: 3 :club:-7 :diamond:Everyone folded around to me. I bet 100 and Idiot calls.Flop: 6 :D-K :D-Q :diamond:I'm thinking...ok...got a gutshot straight draw here. I check then he checks behind me.Turn: 2 :club:I bet 100 and he callsRiver: A :heart:I fired out 200 to try to steal the pot, he thinks a little bit and then calls. We turn the cards over, I win because I have top card (my 10 beats his 7), he then proceeds to go off on me claiming that I made a "stupid move trying to pick up the jack". The ironic thing is here is that he was doing the exact same thing trying to get that fifth diamond, but I guess that thought never crossed his mind. He goes on his temper tantrum on how I got lucky, blah, blah, blah, and left a few choice words for me. He then tells me that he "guarantees" that he will outlast me and that he and his buddy will be the last two left. Five hands later he is gone, and then proceeds to throw another temper tantrum saying how I got lucky and leaves me with a few more choice words. This guy honestly thought that I screwed him out of the pot, and that I'm nothing but a noob because the hand didn't go his way. I got a great laugh out of the whole ordeal, because I didn't think that someone could be that dillusional...I guess I was wrong.

Welcome to the forumThe tirade was stupid. But he is much more justified in chasing his diamonds than you are in a gut shot (although you didn't exactly chase it). You're 11 to 1 to hit your river jack, he's only 4 to 1 to hit his diamond (roughly 8% vs 24%)

The perfect type of fish my work buddy is. The kind that loves to see flops. He'll never raise mind you, but loves to call raises after he's tried to limp with any 2 cards. Over the last month or so, he's started to loosen up a bit. Raising with the Hammer on occasion only to fold it and show it when raised back. And raising 4X BB on average with middle pairs only. He likes to limp with his big hands, hoping that you'll do all the betting for him. And on rare occasion, he'll bet post flop, usually the minimum. And he'll always have it and show it to ya. Down to 4 players in a 5 man $10 buyin event. I'm in the big blind for 100 with AK. Fish does his usual middle pair/maybe Hammer bluff raise to 4X BB. I just call. 850 in the pot now. With Fish having about 3300 and myself having about 3800. Flop comes out AK10. I briefly wonder if he raised with 10's, but knew that if he didn't have 10's he'd probably call my bet anyways, just cause that's what he does. I bet 500. So with 1350 in the pot, of which 400 is his and 3300 remaining, not that he knew that prior to going all-in, he declares "I'm pot committed. I'm all-in." He flips over pocket 9's. When asked by someone at the table how he was pot committed with all of the chips that he had when everything was put in the pot he replies, "Well, maybe I wasn't pot committed, but I am just tired of having my raises re-raised all the time. I had to make a stand." And shoving all your chips in with an under pair to every card on the board, drawing to a 2 outer. "I figured I was behind, but I didn't think you had the A." I love it. FISH. Only to turn a 9. Oh well, that's poker. Just grin and bear it, continue to put your money in with the best hand, and it'll all even out. Still early in a different 10 person tourney . 7 remain, blinds 50/100. Short stack moves in for his last 370 in UTG+1 with A7o. UTG+2 sees 10 10 and calls. Realizing, that I wanted to raise to isolate my hand against the blinds, I then says i want to go all in, for my last 800. Noone objects, but I know it was my mistake and I force myself to only call the original all-in. UTG+3/Fish then looks down and sees KQs. And without even considering the fact that he only has 800 and cold calls. Flop comes out 4910 1 spade. Fish is then put all in of which he politely obliges to call. Turn blank, river J. "I knew I had the best hand. I knew you were trying to bluff me. " Oh well, that's poker. Just grin and bear it, continue to put your money in with the best hand, and it'll all even out. Finally, we get down to heads up. We both have around 5000 in chips. Blinds are 300/600 and he announces he's going all in in the dark from the button. Not an unusual move from this cat, as someone once told him that when it gets down to heads up and 2 cards can win. I don't think he considered that's a philosophy to be applied before it comes down to a showdown situation. So anyways. I look down and see a bare A. A3o to be exact. Good enough for a call against the dark. We both flip up our cards. 43o for the fish against my A3. Sweet. He's drawing to a 3 outer. Fish flops a 4 and turns another just to jab me a bit. "I told you any 2 cards can win!"Oh well, that's poker. Just grin and bear it, continue to put your money in with the best hand, and it'll all even out. I raise 4XBB with AQ hearts into the fish who call with 67o. Flop comes out Q67. I bet 1/2 pot, he calls. Turn blank, I bet 1/2 pot, he calls. River blank. Considering pot size and stack size, I can either check and hope my TPTK holds up, because he'll never bet or go all-in to at least make him think about calling. So I go all-in. He thinks about it for about 10 seconds and says "I know I've got you beat, but I'm going to lay it down." And shows his 2 pair. "You might have flopped a set or hit a straight." How about a raise to see where you stand FISH, find out if your 2 pair is good and then lay it down if you don't feel right. Super Aggressive player raises to 300. I'm in the SB wih K9 spades. 250 more to call, I'm the chip leader with about 3000 and the FISH in the BB, he'll surely call this as well. Good enough odds to call the raise. Flop comes out QJ10. I check into the FISH and the super aggressive player knowing there's a continuation bet coming, more than likely an all in move. God I love the readable ones. FISH checks his top pair, OESD. Super aggressive predictably goes all in for her last 1500 with AA. I go all in myself and the fish calls. My flopped straight versus AA and TP OESD. After the turn, the AA's are drawing dead to the case K as it was revealed a K was folded. And FISH is drawing dead to the 2 remaining A's, just hoping to split the pot with me. "You always crack my AA's, DAMN YOU", super aggressive says to me. To which FISH chimes in with, "I really thought I had the best hand." A raised pot sees the flop. 1 person, albeit a super aggressive player, goes all in after the flop and myself, a tight aggressive player, goes all-in himself, and you still think your top pair, 2nd kicker hoping to split the pot hand was the best. FISH, I love em. Lay down the best hand, and then put their $$ money in 3rd best in a 3 way all in.

Guest XXEddie
The perfect type of fish my work buddy is.  The kind that loves to see flops.  He'll never raise mind you, but loves to call raises after he's tried to limp with any 2 cards.  Over the last month or so, he's started to loosen up a bit.  Raising with the Hammer on occasion only to fold it and show it when raised back.  And raising 4X BB on average with middle pairs only.  He likes to limp with his big hands, hoping that you'll do all the betting for him.  And on rare occasion, he'll bet post flop, usually the minimum.  And he'll always have it and show it to ya.    Down to 4 players in a 5 man $10 buyin event.  I'm in the big blind for 100 with AK.  Fish does his usual middle pair/maybe Hammer bluff raise to 4X BB.  I just call.  850 in the pot now.  With Fish having about 3300 and myself having about 3800.  Flop comes out AK10.  I briefly wonder if he raised with 10's, but knew that if he didn't have 10's he'd probably call my bet anyways, just cause that's what he does.  I bet 500.  So with 1350 in the pot, of which 400 is his and 3300 remaining, not that he knew that prior to going all-in, he declares "I'm pot committed.  I'm all-in."  He flips over pocket 9's.  When asked by someone at the table how he was pot committed with all of the chips that he had when everything was put in the pot he replies,  "Well, maybe I wasn't pot committed, but I am just tired of having my raises re-raised all the time.  I had to make a stand."  And shoving all your chips in with an under pair to every card on the board, drawing to a 2 outer. "I figured I was behind, but I didn't think you had the A."   I love it.  FISH.  Only to turn a 9.  Oh well, that's poker.  Just grin and bear it, continue to put your money in with the best hand, and it'll all even out.  Still early in a different 10 person tourney .  7 remain, blinds 50/100.  Short stack moves in for his last 370 in UTG+1 with A7o.  UTG+2 sees 10 10 and calls.  Realizing, that I wanted to raise to isolate my hand against the blinds, I then says i want to go all in, for my last 800.    Noone objects, but I know  it was my mistake and I force myself to only call the original all-in.  UTG+3/Fish then looks down and sees KQs.  And without even considering the fact that he only has 800 and cold calls.  Flop comes out 4910 1 spade.  Fish is then put all in of which he politely obliges to call.  Turn blank, river J.  "I knew I had the best hand.  I knew you were trying to bluff me. "  Oh well, that's poker.  Just grin and bear it, continue to put your money in with the best hand, and it'll all even out.  Finally, we get down to heads up.  We both have around 5000 in chips.  Blinds are 300/600 and he announces he's going all in in the dark from the button.  Not an unusual move from this cat, as someone once told him that when it gets down to heads up and 2 cards can win.  I don't think he considered that's a philosophy to be applied before it comes down to a showdown situation.  So anyways.  I look down and see a bare A.  A3o to be exact.  Good enough for a call against the dark.  We both flip up our cards.  43o for the fish against my A3.  Sweet.  He's drawing to a 3 outer.  Fish flops a 4 and turns another just to jab me a bit.   "I told you any 2 cards can win!"Oh well, that's poker.  Just grin and bear it, continue to put your money in with the best hand, and it'll all even out.  I raise 4XBB with AQ hearts into the fish who call with 67o.  Flop comes out Q67.  I bet 1/2 pot, he calls.  Turn blank, I bet 1/2 pot, he calls.  River blank.  Considering pot size and stack size, I can either check and hope my TPTK holds up, because he'll never bet or go all-in to at least make him think about calling.  So I go all-in.  He thinks about it for about 10 seconds and says "I know I've got you beat, but I'm going to lay it down."  And shows his 2 pair.  "You might have flopped a set or hit a straight."  How about a raise to see where you stand FISH, find out if your 2 pair is good and then lay it down if you don't feel right.  Super Aggressive player raises to 300.  I'm in the SB wih K9 spades.  250 more to call, I'm the chip leader with about 3000 and the FISH in the BB, he'll surely call this as well.  Good enough odds to call the raise.  Flop comes out QJ10.  I check into the FISH and the super aggressive player knowing there's a continuation bet coming, more than likely an all in move.  God I love the readable ones.  FISH checks his top pair, crap kicker.  Super aggressive predictably goes all in for her last 1500 with AA.  I go all in myself and the fish calls.  My flopped straight versus pair AA and top pair with open ended straight draw.  After the turn, the AA's are drawing dead to the case K as it was revealed a K was folded.  And FISH is drawing dead to the 2 remaining A's, just hoping to split the pot with me.  "You always crack my AA's, DAMN YOU", super aggressive says to me.  To which FISH chimes in with, "I really thought I had the best hand."  A raised pot sees the flop.  1 person, albeit a super aggressive player, goes all in after the flop and myself, a tight aggressive player, goes all-in himself, and you still think your top pair, 2nd kicker hoping to split the pot hand was the best.  FISH, I love em.  Lay down the best hand, and then put their $$ money in 3rd best in a 3 way all in.
dude, we have a bad beat forum
I know, sorry. I tried to keep it on topic, posting some of the quotes my home game fish uses. I should have just used the quotes and not explained any of the situations, I guess. I can get wordy. And everyone else posting details of their bad beats and favorite fish sayings must have thrown me off into thinking I might chime in.
Guest XXEddie
I know, sorry. I tried to keep it on topic, posting some of the quotes my home game fish uses. I should have just used the quotes and not explained any of the situations, I guess. I can get wordy. And everyone else posting details of their bad beats and favorite fish sayings must have thrown me off into thinking I might chime in.
you got itwe really dont need the strong details, we want the good fish stuff
One of my favs happened just this afternoon in a sit-n-go tourney online.  The blinds were 15/30, I was on the SB and the other guy (idiot from here on in) was on the big blind.   The hand went down like this:Me: 9 :D-10 :club:Idiot: 3 :club:-7 :diamond:Everyone folded around to me.  I bet 100 and Idiot calls.Flop: 6 :D-K :D-Q :diamond:I'm thinking...ok...got a gutshot straight draw here.  I check then he checks behind me.Turn: 2 :club:I bet 100 and he callsRiver:  A :heart:I fired out 200 to try to steal the pot, he thinks a little bit and then calls.  We turn the cards over, I win because I have top card (my 10 beats his 7),  he then proceeds to go off on me claiming that  I made a "stupid move trying to pick up the jack".  The ironic thing is here is that he was doing the exact same thing trying to get that fifth diamond, but I guess that thought never crossed his mind.  He goes on his temper tantrum on how I got lucky, blah, blah, blah, and left a few choice words for me.  He then tells me that he "guarantees" that he will outlast me and that he and his buddy will be the last two left.  Five hands later he is gone, and then proceeds to throw another temper tantrum saying how I got lucky and leaves me with a few more choice words.  This guy honestly thought that I  screwed him out of the pot, and that I'm nothing but a noob because the hand didn't go his way.  I got a great laugh out of the whole ordeal, because I didn't think that someone could be that dillusional...I guess I was wrong.
mug

game: $25 PL omaha Hi/Lo with .10/.25 blindsTable Table 37050 (Real Money) -- Seat 6 is the buttonTotal number of players : 10Seat 1: RockingTreys ( $22.55)Seat 2: kxnpoker ( $13.90)Seat 3: skippy878 ( $103.94)Seat 4: DontStop ( $57.34)Seat 5: mikied ( $4.60)Seat 6: jcmerc ( $44.97)Seat 7: nuts8 ( $24)Seat 8: troyomac ( $24.50)Seat 9: JJeett ( $17.27)Seat 10: readybob ( $23.30)nuts8 posts small blind (0.10)troyomac posts big blind (0.25)skippy878 posts big blind + dead (0.35)** Dealing down cards **Dealt to troyomac [ 8h, Kc, 3h, 5h ] JJeett calls (0.25)readybob folds.RockingTreys calls (0.25)kxnpoker calls (0.25)skippy878 checks.mikied calls (0.25)jcmerc calls (0.25)nuts8 calls (0.15)troyomac checks.** Dealing Flop ** : [ As, 4h, 3s ] nuts8 checks.troyomac checks.JJeett checks.RockingTreys checks.kxnpoker checks.skippy878 checks.mikied checks.jcmerc checks.** Dealing Turn ** : [ 2c ] nuts8 checks.troyomac checks.JJeett checks.RockingTreys checks.kxnpoker checks.skippy878 bets (2)mikied folds.jcmerc calls (2)nuts8 folds.troyomac calls (2)JJeett folds.RockingTreys folds.kxnpoker folds.** Dealing River ** : [ Qh ] troyomac bets (7.70)skippy878 calls (7.70)jcmerc raises (38.50) to 38.50troyomac calls (14.55)troyomac is all-In.skippy878 calls (30.80)Creating Main Pot with $71.85 with troyomac** Summary **Main Pot: $71.85 | Side Pot 1: $32.50 | Rake: $3Board: [ As 4h 3s 2c Qh ]RockingTreys balance $22.30, lost $0.25 (folded) kxnpoker balance $13.65, lost $0.25 (folded) skippy878 balance $131.51, bet $40.85, collected $68.42, net +$27.57 [ 7d 5d 8s 4d ] [ LO: 5,4,3,2,A | HI: a straight, ace to five -- As,5d,4d,3s,2c ]DontStop balance $57.34, sits outmikied balance $4.35, lost $0.25 (folded) jcmerc balance $4.22, lost $40.75 [ 9s 5c 5s Kd ] [ a pair of fives -- As,Qh,5c,5s,4h ]nuts8 balance $23.75, lost $0.25 (folded) troyomac balance $35.93, bet $24.50, collected $35.93, net +$11.43 [ 8h Kc 3h 5h ] [ LO: 5,4,3,2,A | HI: a straight, ace to five -- As,5h,4h,3h,2c ]JJeett balance $17.02, lost $0.25 (folded) readybob balance $23.30, didn't bet (folded)but my favourite part of this story was his next line after i asked him what the heck he was doing and he says "oh crap i was trying to use 3 cards again!"

I'm playing a 4 player shootout on pokerstarsI am in the finals and have the chip lead 4700 to 1300I have this guy on tilt and know he is moving in big with nothing.My cards: A 6 o in the big blind... so far the pot is 150fish moves all in!!!I call and he and flips over 9-10oThe flop comes 8-9-10 rainbow, turn A, river 7 for the miracle straight!!!I say, "good game"Fish says, "whatever... you got lucky"I say, "I was ahead before the flop, pro"He says, "You're still lucky"Thanks for the money, fish!

While I was 4 tabling at Party"Amazing how everyone leaves right before the big blind"Me "I think they are just playing their free hands""Yea, no kidding"
How is this fish quote?
Same way this is.

classic 10$ mtt blinds 50-100 im in bb with 87 os flop 347 i check to limper assumin he has high cards so i can checkraise he bet 100 i raise to 300 he reraises to 500 i assume i have been trapped but considering he has 300 left i think i mite as well go allin he turns over at os hits ten on turn and wins. i said nh he said ty although luck had a hand in it (YOU DON'T SAY)