you know you're playing a fish when he says...

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway... I raise 200 when the blinds are 50/100 with Ks 10c with 6 people, and im in first position. There were 4 callers. The flop comes down K,3,6 All diamonds. So ive got top pair, with a nice kicker.I check. :club:

Blinds(10/15)** Dealing down cards **Dealt to Hero [  Jh Js ]Hero raises  freich2207: blind stealerHammy_420: i kno i h8 that XXXX
hahahahahahaha
sad thing is that Hammy_420 probably had 3 or 4 people around him that were nodding in agreement

after eliminating a guy from a tournament the other night when my Q-Q takes out his 8-8...i push him all-in on the turn with the board showing 10-5-9-3...he says "i had a pocket pair, i was going for those trips" (river was a Q...guess i got those trips i was going for... :roll: )

After calling all the way to the river with a Q 2 and a board ofQ 10 8 7 6 (no flush possibilities), another player shows A Q, the fish says:"I'll guess i'll have to quit for tonight, even the kickers are against me!"

not sure if this applies but it was funny yesterday...

what was up when I think Norman Chad said the only card that can come for the KK guy is another king or he is out of here...when the board read 5757..seems to me another 5 or 7 and we have a chop....

After capping the flop and getting the last 3BB of his money in on the turn with a board of AK29, this guy hits a 5 and his straight beats my set of 2s. I didn't even say anything, and he says "sorry, but I was out of money, I was due to hit"

After capping the flop and getting the last 3BB of his money in on the turn with a board of AK29, this guy hits a 5 and his straight beats my set of 2s. I didn't even say anything, and he says "sorry, but I was out of money, I was due to hit"
Yeah, that makes sense.... :wall:

Okay, I had one yesterday that was (thankfully) not for a huge pot. :)I'm on the BB playing 2-4 NL with A2s. The SB makes it 8. I call as do a few limpers.Flop: A-A-6I bet out 18. One early limper calls. The others fold. I figure he has a bigger ace and am ready to call it a day when the turn comes a 2, filling me up. I bet 35. He goes all in for 90. I call. River is a Q giving his AQ a bigger boat.He says, "Finally, the better hand won!"I never talk, unless I'm trying to tilt someone that just got sucked out on, but I did say, "LOL". He responds, "AQ is better than A2! The better hand won."I said, "A full house is better than trips."He responded, "The better hand never wins on PokerRoom. Finally the better hand won!"Peace,Jay

Here's the situation.....I was playing in a tournament and a guy just took down a big pot with AKs.Another guy next to me says, "Wow, Nice Hand. Isn't AKs like the hardest hand to get preflop in poker?"I'm almost stunned and tried to explain to him that you have the same chance of getting 23s as AKs because there is four of each card in the deck but he still wasn't buying it.....

i'm sure somewhere in this thread this quote has been covered..."how can it be a bad call if i won?" after two players go all in with A-J (shortstack), fish calls, other dude puts fish all in with KK, fish calls with Q-10 and wins with a Q on the flop and a 10 on the turn.

A few good ones from a club I played at last night...I get all in with 1010 vs someone with QQ and this girl to my left says, "well, here's a classic coin flip" - Best part is that she is a dealer at the club some nights.Another math wizard later... 2 players all in preflop, one has QQ, other has AQ. Someone shouts out, "50/50 on this one"

Ok here are some from home games I play.It doesn't matter what 2 cards you get. Any hand can win. It just matters what the flop is. I fold K9 off in early position and would have ended up with quad Kings. I tell the tab;e this and one friend asks how I could fold a King. I say cause K9 isn't a great hand. He responds by saying but its a King.I like to see a cheap flop. I'll limp with any 2 cards when the blind are small. This is said when our starting chips are only 60 times the BB and level go up every 20 minutes.This is said almost any time some one calls an all in with A,x and runs into Aces or Kings and losses to the big pair. I had to call, I had an ace.Some guy. "I hate Aces, they always get you in trouble."Me: "Not if you know how to play them proberly."Some guy. "No man, you always lose big pots with them. I rather have AK then aces."Me: "Really? Lets play open hand for 5 bucks a piece. I'll take Aces and you can have your AK."He then got quiet after this.My friend is contemplating calling an all in and says, I like my hand, I have a flush draw. This is before the flop is even dealt. He finally call with his K9, other guy shows AK, King on the flop, 9 on the turn and the guy who sucks out says, YES, I knew it was coming.3 way action in a home tournament in an unraised pot. I have QJ or something along those lines. Flop come with no help. We all check turn is an ace, one friend checks, I bet the pot which is 3 bucks to represent the ace, one dude fold and the other guy goes all in which is only 1 dollar more. He's a maniac so there is a good chance he doesn't have the Ace so I'm calling for only 1 more buck. He flips over King high and it holds up. I ask how he could go all in with only King high when I'm gonna be forced to call 1 buck more. He says I knew you didn't have anything. I respond by saying if I have any pair your fucked and out of the tournament. All he says well I won didn't I? And trust me, he didn't have a read on me, he is a maniac and he thought he could push me off my hand by going all in, he just didn't realize he only had 1 more buck to raise me with.Another good one with this same friend. He just rebought in a tourney and this is the very first hand since his rebuy. Three of us in, I'm in the blind with QT, no raises. Flop comes ten high with relative garbage. I bet, one girl calls he goes all in. After thinking for a few seconds I think he's full of it and am more worried about the chick. I have her covered so I push all in to get her to fold. She does and my friend turns up 2nd pair. My top pair hold up and I ask him why he'd push with 2nd pair. His response, I thought you were bluffing. Seems like he always thinks I'm bluffing even though I only show down strong hands and I guess he forgot about the chick who called who could have had a hand worth calling if I had folded. Turned out she had QT as well.This is the same friend again. We usually allow rebuys for the first half hour of tournaments and he has rebought 5 times already. After rebuying the last time he says, I rather rebuy and keep playing instead of just watching all of you guys play. I think to myself, or you could not play like a retard and not keep busting and you won't have to worry about watching and you'll save your money. This was said after I tripled up in the very first hand of one of our tournaments. My friend says don't give him any more chips, its impossible to take them off of him. About 4 hands later this person raises, I look down to see aces and lets just say we get all our money in preflop, he shows KQ off and says whatever, I felt like gambling.Thats all for now. Sort of a sloppy post but who cares?

This one actually really pissed me off. I think i may be done online poker. I just can't stand it. Live is so much better for me.Anyway1/2 nl game online 10 peopleI raise with KK after several limpers to $12 preflopOne limper calls my raise$28 potFlop comes Ace 7 3he bets $2 into me. Ok whatever i callturn blankbets $2. i call.river blankbets $2 i callShows Ace 2 woooooo.Then...Fish: "its so great how people can't get away from their big pairs and pay me off"Me: you bet $2 you idiot into more then $20 pot. Trying to catch the king alone was worth the call moron. Fish: "fish are funny"I'm done online poker. In real life, I would just punch him in the face

This one actually really censored me off. I think i may be done online poker. I just can't stand it. Live is so much better for me.Anyway1/2 nl game online 10 peopleI raise with KK after several limpers to $12 preflopOne limper calls my raise$28 potFlop comes Ace 7 3he bets $2 into me. Ok whatever i callturn blankbets $2. i call.river blankbets $2 i callShows Ace 2 woooooo.Then...Fish: "its so great how people can't get away from their big pairs and pay me off"Me: you bet $2 you idiot into more then $20 pot. Trying to catch the king alone was worth the call moron. Fish: "fish are funny"I'm done online poker. In real life, I would just punch him in the face
In real life, he may be 3 times your size, and in real life you would just sit there, maybe flap your jaws, but not much else.That said, his pf call was fishy. You just calling his $2 bet was just as fishy. His bet screamed weak, and you should have tried to push him off his hand, even though I don't think it would have worked. If he's calling A2 pf for that kind of raise, he's likely going to call any raise post flop. If you raise on the flop, you can better judge if he's holding an A that he can't fold. And to say this hand would've played differently live than online is ridiculous.

Oh, playing with this guy Saturday night, I had been playing my normally tight agg. style and had doubled my stack when the obvious new guy at the table and I get in a pot together. I bet about half the pot on the river with aces up on a AQ983 and he looks at me. He looked really perplexed at my bet, and I stared him down. Finally, he says,"I just don't think you have any part of that board, I call" Well, he flipped up K7o and I drag the pot. He just kept saying, "wow, I can't believe you had AQ, what a hand"I ask him, well, what did you think I was betting for, as I had bet the pot on the flop, 1/2 pot, and 1/2 pot value bets. He just said, "I don't know, I see so many people betting with draws here, I thought you might have KJ or something."It took everything I had to not bust out laughing, he didn't realize that KJ beat his K7.

This thread needs bumping.Last night playing limit omaha. Every time a raise would come preflop, a guy would say "There's another idiot. Don't you know you're stupid for raising preflop?"He dropped 25BB and left after about 30 minutes :club:

This thread needs bumping.Last night playing limit omaha. Every time a raise would come preflop, a guy would say "There's another idiot. Don't you know you're stupid for raising preflop?"He dropped 25BB and left after about 30 minutes :club:
here's your courtesy bump

I used to play in a small game with reps from our company (car dealers, deep money) who were just learning to play because they saw Moneymaker, blah, blah. I was always dealing and passing the button around to each player and it finally got to one guy who says"GREAT (holding up the button)! THE KISS OF DEATH!"I about fell outa my chair.

I used to play in a small game with reps from our company (car dealers, deep money) who were just learning to play because they saw Moneymaker, blah, blah.  I was always dealing and passing the button around to each player and it finally got to one guy who says"GREAT (holding up the button)!  THE KISS OF DEATH!"I about fell outa my chair.
:wall: wow

Oh forgot about this one:Sitting at NL table in OK with a BUNCH of bad players when a guy sitting next to me calls an all-in bet with his 9 high flush draw on flop. After the hand he turns to me and says "i can't believe I lost that". Someone tells him he didn't have the odds to call and he says "Well I was 50-50 to make the flush!" I say "really?" He says "yeah there were two cards to come and I only need 1 to be a spade!"I never wanted to leave.