you know you're playing a fish when he says...

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have A :club:  K :D  board: K :)  9 :D  7 :D  push my cousin all-in...he calls, shows A :)  3 :)  me: "that's a horrible call"turn: 3 :)  river: 3  :)  cousin: "horrible call my ass! !  I won didn't I?"
hitting a 2 outer TWICE!! classic
i have A :club:  K :D  board: K :)  9 :D  7 :D  push my cousin all-in...he calls, shows A :)  3 :)  me: "that's a horrible call"turn: 3 :)  river: 3  :)  cousin: "horrible call my ass! !  I won didn't I?"
hitting a 2 outer TWICE!! classic
should have wrapped myself in tinfoil after that huh?
This is at a 3/6 NL tableA/9 suited - There is a raise to 35, 4 people before just flat call, So I call also. I would normaly re-raise here, but didn't want to run into a monster.Anyways, flop is 9/9/2. I hit the nuts.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAYou hit the nuts....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!Anyway, you know you are playing a fish if he thinks he has the nuts with A9 when the flop is 992.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"It's not poker if u cant put all ur chips in the middle."And 6 other plays around him nod in silent agreement. Which reminds me: You know you're playing a fish when he's wearing a hat, hooded sweatshirt, & sunglasses at a $10 buyin college cash game.

I call an all-in with J:club: 10:club: on a 9:club: 8:club: 2:diamond: board. The pusher doubled the bet preflop and getting 4 callers, so the pot was more than healthy enough to call. He is, by the way, a WPT-loving ESPN-worshipping kid who doesn't understand the difference between tournament and cash game poker. He flips up 9:diamond 9:heart:."WHAT? YOU WENT ALL-IN ON A DRAW?""Uhh, yeah, I had an open-ended straight flush draw with 2 overcards. And you move in on every pocket pair you hold unless 2 overs flop. I'm gonna hit that over 50% of the of the time, and I was priced to call.""IT DOESN'T MATTER. YOU CALLED AN ALL-IN ON A DRAW."

you know ur talking to a fish when he says pacific poker isn't rigged!
Pardon me if i'm mistaken, but only someone who lose on pacific would think pacific is rigged.And someone who loses on pacific is the fish I partly feed on...

so im at a tourney and where like an hour into it blinds are 25/50 im watching this total fish play and we were talking about pot odds...well about 3 hands later the fish and another guy is in a pot togetherboard readsA, 3, 9, K, 10with 3 heartsguy has bet everyround fish has calledguy bets the fish all in FISH SAYSPOT ODDScalls J, 2for Jack highguy shows nut flush

"You're so lucky my flush didn't hit." When I'm holding an overpair and all he has is a flush draw.

so im at a tourney and where like an hour into it blinds are 25/50 im watching this total fish play and we were talking about pot odds...well about 3 hands later the fish and another guy is in a pot togetherboard readsA, 3, 9, K, 10with 3 heartsguy has bet everyround fish has calledguy bets the fish all in FISH SAYSPOT ODDScalls J, 2for Jack highguy shows nut flush
LOL, now thats funny

In a sit and go I have 1000 left and blinds are 50/100Someone limps along the way and I have AK in bbsmall blinds completesI raise all in and the limper calls with 8 7 suitedHe gets 8 to beat me.Me: Why did you call? You had 8 high and wasn't committed or getting the odds at all?Fish: Suited connector dumbassMe: um the point of suited connector is to get in cheaply with many people and see a flop.... Not all in preflop.....Fish: ByeThats when I close the window

In a sit and go I have 1000 left and blinds are 50/100Someone limps along the way and I have AK in bbsmall blinds completesI raise all in and the limper calls with 8 7 suitedHe gets 8 to beat me.Me: Why did you call? You had 8 high and wasn't committed or getting the odds at all?Fish: Suited connector dumbass Me: um the point of suited connector is to get in cheaply with many people and see a flop.... Not all in preflop..... Fish: ByeThats when I close the window
I guess the fish missed that part in Doyle's book.

Oh man I have a new favorite. This is a Party 1/2 table.Folded to SB who raises. BB calls.Flop: 9:heart: 8:spade: 2:heart: SB checks, BB bets, SB check-raises, BB calls.Turn: J:diamond: SB checks, BB bets, SB check-raises, BB calls.River: 3:club: SB checks, BB bets, SB check-raises, BB calls.SB shows J:diamond:2:club: BB mucks.BB: "nh...i woulda played it the same way u did."SB:"yeah, im good at slowplaying."

"I've got one card" - A famous qoute by my buddy in a home cash game. 3 players, I am on the button with $408, SB has about 50, BB has bout $350. I raise to 20 bith a/q, both players call. Flop - A/10/8. SB goes all in, BB calls, I re-raise all in, BB thinks for about two minutes before saying, I only need one card for the win and flips over k/j for the gutshot. Turn queen and I lose all the nights profit. I say "nice three outer" and leave the house in disgust.