you know you're playing a fish when he says...

Guest XXEddie

.5/1 O8 table, some guy joinsthat gut-"HAHA, you guys are idiots"somebody-"why"that guy-"Only idiots raise preflop, HAHA"then he left

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, this just happened so i have to post it. Playing in a sit n go.. this fish/calling station has been hitting everything.. i have played 1/20 hands (5%) because im getting shit for cards.. We are 8 handed, blinds are still relatively low.. 50/100 i believe.. UTG is shortstacked at like 500 chips. and he moves in.. a medium stack raises all in, a shortstack calls, and the chip leader (fish on the button) calls.hands turned over, and in order of betting they go like this:ATo - 4Ts - KQ - KJ(<-- fish)flop comes king high... turn comes jack.. river blanksThis guy eliminates 4 people in one hand and now has like 6.5k.. one other guy has about 2k and me and one other guy have about 1.5kafter a few rounds of not playing a single hand, im down to about 1200 in chips.. blinds up to 75/150.. the fish is UTG and he min raises. Im in the BB and i finally pick up a decent hand. AKo.He gets one caller, and i push from the BB, hoping to take it down right there, but i figure im ahead anyway and i need to make a move.the fish calls in a split fraction of a second.he has J9 offsuit... flop has a 9.. turn has a jack... im out of the tournament..he says in the chat(and i quote): "LOL, nice try"

Honestly I really prefer the posts about people beating the fish and not getting drawn out on. It hurts to see poeple loose runner runner wheel straights causing them to lose 5 bets.

Interpoker bonus whoring hand (.25/.5 :D) I fold preflop. UTG raise and 5 cold calls preflop (!) (including MP+1 and Button)Flop- 2 :D 10 :club: 10 :D UTG bets, Button cold-calls, UTG calls.Turn: A:spade:UTG checks, MP+1 bets, MP+1 calls.River: 4:heart:****Interpoker has no cap on heads up river raising, a feature these guys take advantage of. They precede to 24-bet the river, at which point I'm thinking, "one of these guys is an idiot for overplaying his nut flush/small boat." When the carnage finally stops, they reveal the glory.Before you read the hands, keep in mind that this is a paired board with a flush possibility.[/b]MP+1 shows [A:club: Q:heart:] (Aces and Tens, Queen kicker)Button shows [3:diamond: 5:diamond:] (Straight, 5-high)Button wins ridiculously large pot

1/2 LHE on party, the board shows a 6 hi straight, amazingly loose player turns over 68o, the other shows KK, someone says "nh" :club::D

Had a guy tell me that suited connectors are "the wurst hands in poker bcuz u might not make best srt8 or flush." He then went on to explain, very seriously, that he only played them for "straight flush value."I won't let this thread die

I've got 10-10 on the button and call a MP raise with 2 others. Flop comes 10-high. I bet out and call his check/raise on the flop. He bets out on the turn, I raise, he 3-bets, I cap, he calls. He check/calls the river. I show my set, he shows JJ.Fish: Yeah, that's what I thought you had when you raised the turn.

I'm playing the Miller shortstack holdem theory at micro limits while I'm waiting for Absolute to process my withdrawal.Anyway, I'm in late position I raise with A-Q - leaving me with not much. This guy reraises. I don't have much left so I move in. Guy has 7-8 sooooooted. He catches a 7 on the turn.His comment:"I hate A-Q."

1/2 limit on AP...UTG raises preflop, has AQ off...all fold to the cutoff (the fish in this story) who has two red 2's. He raises and UTG calls.Flop: As Th 3cUTG bets, cutoff raises, they eventually cap all betsTurn: 5hAgain, cap all bets, cutoff seat is all-in at this point (he didn't start out with much)River: 7dCutoff seat (fish): "Chaser...I hate damn chasers in this game...play me heads up u dumb prick, I'll take your stack like Hellmuth"too funny.

5-handed in a SnG. Blinds are 50/100, I have 465. I'm CO with Qd-9d. Folded to me, I push in. Mouthy, fishy BB calls with AJo. I river a flush to beat his spiked A.Fish: I can't believe you called with that crap.Me: Who called? I pushed in.Fish: When you go all in, that's a call.

I played a guy last night on a 50 dollar limit table on PP, I had AQ spades and raised 2 preflop, he ended up having J5 diamonds, but what do u know he calls almost instantly. Flop comes Ac9c2h, I bet out 4 and he calls immediately. Next card comes out Jh, I bet out 5 and he calls immediately, river comes 5s, i throw out 10 and then he just calls as well. I asked him what he was thinking calling all of those bets and just calling on the river and explained to him how bad of a play it was and how he was beat the whole time, and he says "nah, i dont think so."

"I wish you idiots would play like better players. I always lose to dumb players!"This guy kept going on and on the other night on NL$100 on party about how he can't stand idiot players making idiot plays. Ok, so after about 100 hands, his VPIP was 51% and he had managed to rebuy twice.

Playing at a 1/2 game, someone keeps berating this other player and saying stuff like "nice play amateur". I just love seeing this kind of stuff said at low limit tables. We've all played with this type of player, gotta love it.

Does anyone know why this thread keeps coming to the most recent post list... when theres no new posts?
Tuesday, July 26th, 2005 7:16I just posted.
Guest XXEddie

Me and a table-mate starting talking about the WSOPFish-"WIll you two shut up about the WSOP......blah blah"Me-"I bet you dont even know what they stand for"Fish-"World Championship of Poker. It was on tilt you idiot"....too funny

and I ask the guy next to me " So how's the game" and he says " oh, it's a good game... You know, good hands like aces and kings are holding up. " and I'm like " oh good, I love games like that * laughing on the inside" Then, When I when a Krablar pot ( which I'd Jammed the whole way" he looked at me like I was a Traitor or something, runining his game.. LMAOAlso, I know this guy, huge fish, discribing a game at Diamond Lils, In Renton, WA (which, ifyou live int the seattle, games there aer the BOMB.) I asked him how he liked it, and he was like " I love that game!! It seemed like the kinda place where your pocket pairs make alot of sets, ya know? ' oh yeah,buddy, I know.. hahahahahaha

Playing in a 300+30 today. Guy raises preflop and I go all-in with AKo and have him covered. We both have decent amounts of chips and it would have been an extremely easy laydown for his bad hand. When it comes back to the fish he instantly calls with J10 suited and says "I have to call, its my favorite hand." He obviously rivers a flush when i have 2 pair on the board. Lots of hilarious fish tales. This thread rocks.