Beardy showed no mercy, winning both challenges. So, how come all of them made vegetable dishes? Clearly Natalie was vegetarian and not vegan, since they served butter. Why did nobody use pasta or cheese or eggs or rice or anything?? Surely the kitchen had some of that stuff. Michelin showed how douchey he is, claiming he could out-do Beardy's dish years ago. This, after Beardy's double-victory. The correct person went home. Mike "I didn't have my yogurts" Isabella.
I want to have sex with this post. (within the confines of marriage, of course)It was a double sweet elimination, since Natalie Portman, of all people, saw that Mike Isabella was a hard core douche. (I loved how everyone talked about how cocky he was in the face of elimination. I also loved how he, in perfect Mike fashion, was complaining that Robyn dish was worse and that the judges were wrong, since his dish was still pretty good. HUH!? They hated it. Get a clue, you *******.)
  • Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I have called my distaste for Ari since the beginning, I don't think he was the one to go. I still think if you end up on the bottom 3 80% of the time, this far in the game, you clearly are not showing any promise and need to be sent packing. Robin has done nothing but sit on the block in EC's. While I hate Ari/Mike I think he has much more potential than she does and it is ridic that she continues to stay. Beardy i s the shit, plain and simple, all the other chefs would be lucky to beat him in this thing.

Great episode. McBeardy is a man after my heart with the way he loves to eat. "Anyone wanna go to the buffet?" Also eating 110 wings in an hour. I do not see him stumbling.

I loved that the girls were yucking it up at dinner with the "little prick on my tongue" and "it gets bigger in my mouth" stuff. Real people having conversations that I would have.Did you notice Gail gasp when Jen kissed Mike when he was eliminated? It wasn't that type of kiss, I think she's just a touchy feely girl, based on her cuddle joke.Beardy is so likeable and Michelin is coming off douchey. I do like his brother's calm demeanor, but ultimately, there is no substitute for talent and he can back up his trash talk, so that's an interesting dynamic

only a...only speedz would put just three people in the top four
You know what I meant, dick.
Good episode. Eventually, Matthew, you will come around to the little world we call: reality. It's Beard-o McRed and it's NOT even close.
That's really a silly comment. Michael IS close to Beardo in terms of talent. Maybe Beardo is better, I'm not going to argue with that one quite yet, but it's VERY close. You're blinded by the personality difference. All you have to do is go back one challenge where Michael knocked two dishes out of the park, while Beardo had one good (not great) dish and one fuckup.
Beardy is so likeable and Michelin is coming off douchey. I do like his brother's calm demeanor, but ultimately, there is no substitute for talent and he can back up his trash talk, so that's an interesting dynamic
Other Brother is definitely the forgotten man right now. He certainly could win it all.

I guess I have more to say.

So, how come all of them made vegetable dishes? Clearly Natalie was vegetarian and not vegan, since they served butter. Why did nobody use pasta or cheese or eggs or rice or anything?? Surely the kitchen had some of that stuff.
This is a very good point, and I laughed at the "I didn't have my yogurts" comment.
I dunno about that. That terrible red head needs to go. Mike wasn't that great, but he was someone who I could see back dooring into the final three if some people choked, as I could see Jennifer and Eli back dooring. But the red head just cannot make the final 3. I'm stunned and mortifying she's made it this far. She hasn't quite sucked enough to get sent home, but she sucks almost every week, it's infuriating.
She has to be the worst competitor to make it this far, right? Does anyone else come close?
I loved that the girls were yucking it up at dinner with the "little prick on my tongue" and "it gets bigger in my mouth" stuff.
Concur.
She has to be the worst competitor to make it this far, right? Does anyone else come close?
I thought about saying this very thing, but I don't remember the top 6's well enough to make an educated guess. I do know that I really would like her gone next week.
Lisa a few seasons ago somehow backed into the final three. She escaped elimination in a challenge that saw her put shrimp through two cooking processess and still have them come out undercooked. She also survived restaurant wars when both dishes she was responsible for were awful, and head chef Dale put out one good and one awful dish.She was on the chopping block for something like 5 straight episodes (including final four) and still made it through.
Lisa a few seasons ago somehow backed into the final three. She escaped elimination in a challenge that saw her put shrimp through two cooking processess and still have them come out undercooked. She also survived restaurant wars when both dishes she was responsible for were awful, and head chef Dale put out one good and one awful dish.She was on the chopping block for something like 5 straight episodes (including final four) and still made it through.
Ok, I'll give you that Lisa in the top 3 is almost as bad as Robin in the top 6. But for top 6 alone, Robin is much worse than Lisa.
That's really a silly comment. Michael IS close to Beardo in terms of talent. Maybe Beardo is better, I'm not going to argue with that one quite yet, but it's VERY close. You're blinded by the personality difference. All you have to do is go back one challenge where Michael knocked two dishes out of the park, while Beardo had one good (not great) dish and one fuckup.Other Brother is definitely the forgotten man right now. He certainly could win it all.
Ok, I see we're still not ready to admit defeat... that's what I like about you Mr. Katz.Also, I agree about Brian. I like him alot.
For the record, I'd pick Jennifer to start my kitchen, because sexual harassment in the cooking world is an industry standard, and almost never prosecuted.
This is an angle that I hadn't considered.

1st, Don't ever knock my lover! I figured out what it is....That Voice...so, I'm aural, sue me :club: But lets review:AC/DCVOUCHEGruffy McGingerbeardFuture Mother Of My ChildrenNot in the Same ELeagueLEAVE! WHY DON'T YOU FOKKIN LEAVE?!Those menu's all look great. I'd want to eat at all those places (and Jennifer...DOWN BOY!! DOWN!!!)QUIZ: Who on the list doesn't run a kitchen?

So, how come all of them made vegetable dishes? Clearly Natalie was vegetarian and not vegan, since they served butter. Why did nobody use pasta or cheese or eggs or rice or anything?? Surely the kitchen had some of that stuff.
This is what I was wondering. There was one dish with lentils, one with beans, otherwise everyone just did vegetables. I am a lifelong vegetarian and I never eat a meal that is just vegetables. No wonder all their food basically came out like side dishes. I don't get why they didn't do pasta, cheese, eggs, rice, cous cous, tofu, seitan, tempeh, etc etc. I'm guessing those things weren't an option based on what ingredients were provided, but they should have made that clear. It makes us look bad when people think all we can eat is vegetables.
1st, Don't ever knock my lover! I figured out what it is....That Voice...so, I'm aural, sue me :club: But lets review:AC/DCVOUCHEGruffy McGingerbeardFuture Mother Of My ChildrenNot in the Same ELeagueLEAVE! WHY DON'T YOU FOKKIN LEAVE?!Those menu's all look great. I'd want to eat at all those places (and Jennifer...DOWN BOY!! DOWN!!!)QUIZ: Who on the list doesn't run a kitchen?
That is hilarious. to me Godly McBeard is just so strong and making straight forward food. Brother Douche is possibly one of the better artistic chefs they have had on this show but his attitude just shoots him right down. Michael reminded me of that one chick Josie. Were she was like middle of the ground and once she screwed up once she was gone. There is no reason why Robin should still be here but who knows. I think Eli can be similar to Hosea last year except he doesn't win it all. I think it is going to be Godly Mcbear, The quiet brother and I think Eli sneaks in.
But someone who truly loves dessert would skip the meal and just have dessert. I think there are a lot less men who would do that then women. But it is just a guess based on what I have observed. Anyway... I love cooking shows that are competition based. Dessert or no dessert, I probably will watch it as long as there is interesting challenges.
i have been known once or twice to skip the meal and have 5 courses of dessert...sometimes that cart is just tooooo pretty to pass up. I however don't find shows based on dessert alone as appealing as other shows, mainly because most of the desserts you see on those type shows are "showpiece" quality and you'll never actually be able to find something similar in a restaurant, where with other dishes, i'm sure some of these chefs will take an inspiration of something they've done on the show and incorporate it into their menus. I know some of you disagree, but i actually like Michael V. His attitude is a little over the top, but he definately has the talent to back it up. I thought before the show started Wed that it would be between Robyn and Mike to go home and clearly one did (although i though Robyn would be first) but logically they were the next 2. Mike wasn't really a "trained" chef, and had no culinary schooling, he just happened to be friends with the "smart" kids. I think that Eli will sneak into the final 4 with the brothers and kevin. The ending is so hard to call tho, kevin or michael should win it, but based on hosea being last years winner robyn could sneak in and take it all

I could be wrong but I thought there was something about only being able to use the food that was given, hence Blondie and Eli flipping oranges to see who could use what item. My guess is that there was no pasta and such for them to use to make it a little trickier.

I could be wrong but I thought there was something about only being able to use the food that was given, hence Blondie and Eli flipping oranges to see who could use what item. My guess is that there was no pasta and such for them to use to make it a little trickier.
Yeah but they didn't make that clear, they told us that they were allowed to use anything in the kitchen, but then that Natalie was a vegetarian. Even a steakhouse would have some grains, and cheese and eggs and all that.
1st, Don't ever knock my lover! I figured out what it is....That Voice...so, I'm aural, sue me :club: But lets review:AC/DC
Those pictures make Brian look like a super-douche.

The people who think Michael being a dick has anything to do with him winning or losing this year are fooling themselves.Tom Colichlio is very much a dick like Michael. Except restaurant wars, at no point in this competition does that come into play, unless he makes it to the finals and is overbearing to his team and that is what causes his food to be bad.

Ok, I see we're still not ready to admit defeat... that's what I like about you Mr. Katz.
And a tip of the cap to you, sir, for having the courage of your convictions, misplaced as they may be. While Beardo may be better, his overall jolliness doesn't mean he's on a whole other level in terms of chefery. But I bet he does love Jesus a hellova lot more!By the way, how amazing do you think Beardo's grandmother's family breakfasts are?
The people who think Michael being a dick has anything to do with him winning or losing this year are fooling themselves.Tom Colichlio is very much a dick like Michael. Except restaurant wars, at no point in this competition does that come into play, unless he makes it to the finals and is overbearing to his team and that is what causes his food to be bad.
We were talking about starting a restaurant when we were talking about his dickness vs. his cooking. I 100% agree that it will have little to no impact on his 'game'.
And a tip of the cap to you, sir, for having the courage of your convictions, misplaced as they may be. While Beardo may be better, his overall jolliness doesn't mean he's on a whole other level in terms of chefery. But I bet he does love Jesus a hellova lot more!By the way, how amazing do you think Beardo's grandmother's family breakfasts are?
They aren't misplaced if Beardy cruises to an easy victory, as I assume will happen. Also, his observance of lent only shows that he has a strong Catholic background, not that he loves Jesus... just sayin'.(I would assume that they are incredible.)
They aren't misplaced if Beardy cruises to an easy victory, as I assume will happen. Also, his observance of lent only shows that he has a strong Catholic background, not that he loves Jesus... just sayin'.
Dude, he's from the south. His entire family lives on one block. He seriously observes lent by giving up one of his favorite things. I don't care if you think he's from the wrong side of the christianity tracks...he loves him some JC.
Dude, he's from the south. His entire family lives on one block. He seriously observes lent by giving up one of his favorite things. I don't care if you think he's from the wrong side of the christianity tracks...he loves him some JC.
I hope you're right. GOOD PROTEINS IN HEAVEN!