I didn't say that. Because I don't think he is a liar. I also don't think it was rigged. However, I do think it's possible.
Go back and look at the quote from his blog. If you're saying that it was anything but a clear and easy decision that Jennifer deserved to go home, you are calling him a liar. Saying he might be a liar is just semantics.Edit: It's a binary thing. You believe him or you don't. If you aren't sure, it means you don't believe him. If you don't believe him, you think he's a liar.
  • Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go back and look at the quote from his blog. If you're saying that it was anything but a clear and easy decision that Jennifer deserved to go home, you are calling him a liar. Saying he might be a liar is just semantics.Edit: It's a binary thing. You believe him or you don't. If you aren't sure, it means you don't believe him. If you don't believe him, you think he's a liar.
He might be.
The problem I have with this line of thinking is that if the decision was unfair, there is no way that Tom would admit it and destroy his own show. So what he says, while interesting, certainly doesn't dispel my conspiracy theories.
If this was the case, Josea would have never won and Richard would have never lost.
If this was the case, Josea would have never won and Richard would have never lost.
I've only seen one other season from start to finish. So I don't know who Richard is... and I assume that you mean Hosea. I saw that season and I agree that that puts a hole in my theory.

I liked Jenn from the beginning and was hoping she would win. I think her concepts were solid but neither dish was better than the other competitors. I hate to see her go but reluctantly, I know it was the right choice.Now I am torn between Brian and Kevin. I like Brian's sophistication but I like the straightforwardness of Kevin. Michael is probably a tad more talented than both of them but his ego and bashing of the others has worn thin.

Richard Blaise was the clear class of his season but he messed up at the end and let a solid but unspectacular female win (not unlike the Hosea season).
I agree that Richard was superior overall but I really liked Stephanie. What has disappointed me about her is that it seems like she has had little to do with Top Chef since she left. I haven't seen her on any episodes as a guest judge nor was she at the reunion dinner. I think with the exposure you get on the show, it would behoove you to participate afterward.

I guess I'll just say it. Michael's going to win. I suppose I've thought that the whole time, which is why I keep defending him to the Beardo Boys (and girls). You heard it here first. Well, probably not first. But that's my prediction.

I guess I'll just say it. Michael's going to win. I suppose I've thought that the whole time, which is why I keep defending him to the Beardo Boys (and girls). You heard it here first. Well, probably not first. But that's my prediction.
I have had Beardy since the beginning and still think he is the one to beat.
I agree that Richard was superior overall but I really liked Stephanie. What has disappointed me about her is that it seems like she has had little to do with Top Chef since she left. I haven't seen her on any episodes as a guest judge nor was she at the reunion dinner. I think with the exposure you get on the show, it would behoove you to participate afterward.
She's working on opening an actual restaurant here in Chicago.
History is against him here. In every season except for maybe S3, the more complex chefs have blown it. Tiffani's choice to do two dishes pre course in S1, Marcel's awful decision to serve a foam outside in Hawaii in S2, Blaise and his overly complex techniques in S4...Personally, I see Kevin edging out Brian.
That's a pretty good point. I'm still taking Michael though. I'll tell you guys why after the finale.
I'll tell you why now. His avant-garde, " high cuisine" style is better suited for the final challenge.

Is it going to be a 3 way finale where all three get to make a 5 course meal like in seasons past? Do they get their own batch of special ingredients?Think about this for a second, in years past they have gotten past contestants to be their sous chef's. If they bring the last 3 voted out it could be thisBryan - JenBeardy - EliMichael - RobinNow, THAT, would be interesting!

Is it going to be a 3 way finale where all three get to make a 5 course meal like in seasons past? Do they get their own batch of special ingredients?Think about this for a second, in years past they have gotten past contestants to be their sous chef's. If they bring the last 3 voted out it could be thisBryan - JenBeardy - EliMichael - RobinNow, THAT, would be interesting!
They usually bring back 6 contestants and then they pick. I am pretty confident that Robin will not be sous cheffing in the finale.
Gail Simmons is Canadian. I'm even more in love now.
How has the exorbitant cleavage not gotten any mention yet?
[Jerry as Kramer]oh it got a mention[/Jerry as Kramer]
gail steps it up
me2: last week was possibly the Top Cleavage in the history of the show?bdiddy: well anything's possibleEl G: well looks who's the optimist now!speedz: at the least it was a prime example of cleavage done rightLLY: MICHAEL BAY RULESsuited_up: I'm more of a rump guyme2: oh yea?suited_up: blake lively on SNL? legend..wait for it..me2: yes. who in the Michael Vick's hotel name would hide this fact from us. quite hot.Sduck: will you guys PLEASE shut up.me2: whatever you sayyou: nah.theresa: now that's a pescatarianEl G: wait is that a fishy joke or a pesky joke?Q: meow

20 minutes in:-I like that they showed Michael helping Kevin out with the sauce boiling, to show he's at least a decent human being in the kitchen.-The mom thing was nice.-I'm really kind of sad that this season is ending, much more so (moreso?) than any other season.

That was not the episode to put our your worst dish.I was surprised, I actually thought Bryan was going to win.Great season. Glad I finally came back to watching it after taking the last 3 seasons off.

We all got jewed by Speedz.Also, I knew from the beginning that Michael was going to win, because they stupidly showed Padme at the beginning of the episode looking directly at the middle person and saying, "you are Top Chef". That was totally stupid that they showed that and it ruined the ending for me.