Do we really think this has an impact? How many votes does Idol get? 20 million? And this website is going to affect the outcome? And how many questions can I start this post with?As for the show, lol @ Simon as the Kracken.Who is considered the best dancer among the pop/hip-hop/R&B artists? Is Usher in the discussion? I had no use for his singing, but I liked his dancing.Didi instead of Tim is obviously super lame.I'm looking forward to Lennon/McCartney week.
You mean "Butcher the Beatles" week
  • Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we really think this has an impact? How many votes does Idol get? 20 million? And this website is going to affect the outcome? And how many questions can I start this post with?As for the show, lol @ Simon as the Kracken.Who is considered the best dancer among the pop/hip-hop/R&B artists? Is Usher in the discussion? I had no use for his singing, but I liked his dancing.Didi instead of Tim is obviously super lame.I'm looking forward to Lennon/McCartney week.
Chris Brown, Justin TimberlakeYes, Usher is in the discussion.
Do we really think this has an impact? How many votes does Idol get? 20 million? And this website is going to affect the outcome? And how many questions can I start this post with?
I have no idea how many votes they generate per week, but I can't imagine it's hurting his ability to stick around week after week. I know when Sanjaya was on that site was looked at as a big reason why he stuck around as long as he did, they lit the phones up for him no matter how bad he was.
But we can agree that Chris Brown is the best and that P Diddy is awful, correct?
Maybe so, but I'll take Diddy in the boardroom over the other 3
Do we really think this has an impact? How many votes does Idol get? 20 million? And this website is going to affect the outcome? And how many questions can I start this post with?
It probably does. It's estimated that Idol gets 30-50 million votes per week. The bottom 2 probably get about 3-5 percent each, or around 1.5 million votes.If 5000 VFTWrs did just 100 votes each(you can do 500-several thousand votes if you want) then that could easily be enough to make the difference.
I wonder how Simon leaving next year will affect the viewership?
Viewership?Without Simon there's no show and no point trying to force one. The only thing they could possibly do is have Seacrest take over his chair and hire an extremely hot female host.
I wonder how Simon leaving next year will affect the viewership?
Don't know if it's been reported here, but I hear on the radio that AI was sold.
Viewership?Without Simon there's no show and no point trying to force one. The only thing they could possibly do is have Seacrest take over his chair and hire an extremely hot female host.
They are going to have to get someone huge for it to work. I have heard Elton John's name thrown in the hat and I think that would be awesome. I'd love to watch Elton tear people apart. 0.1% chance that they could get him though. And they need to boot Kara. I can't watch her talk anymore.... fast forward.

Kara knows her stuff equal to or more than anyone else on the show. I don't understand Ellen at all. She's not even funny. Maybe a major chunk of the viewers are middle-aged women, which would make sense, but I haven't seen the break down. In summary, I like Kara more than anyone not named Simon.

I still say if they feel they need a 4th judge for some reason, just have it be whomever the mentor is for the week. Which could add some insight into why decisions were made too.

I still say if they feel they need a 4th judge for some reason, just have it be whomever the mentor is for the week. Which could add some insight into why decisions were made too.
100%
Kara knows her stuff equal to or more than anyone else on the show. I don't understand Ellen at all. She's not even funny. Maybe a major chunk of the viewers are middle-aged women, which would make sense, but I haven't seen the break down. In summary, I like Kara more than anyone not named Simon.
I'm not saying Kara doesn't know what she is talking about. She just comes off boring as F. Ever since Paula left everyone just seems so serious, like all the judges lost their personalities. Ellen is just there to promote herself. Like she obviously has writers write her jokes beforehand.
Like she obviously has writers write her jokes beforehand.
I didn't realize AI had a staff of comedy writers.You know she got her start as a stand up comedian, right?I'm pretty sure she's capable of coming up with her own jokes, whether or not they're funny.
I didn't realize AI had a staff of comedy writers.You know she got her start as a stand up comedian, right?I'm pretty sure she's capable of coming up with her own jokes, whether or not they're funny.
I don't believe that a lot of the stuff she says is off the top of her head. If she doesn't have writers for AI then she is coming up with that stuff on her own before the show. And yes she does have a staff of comedy writers, it would be impossible to pull off her TV show every day without them. Even stand up comedians have people write some jokes for them. Everyone who hosts a show has writers comedian or not. I just think on AI her jokes come off as "prepared."

Pretty sure she comes up with it on the fly for the most part. You can't really script it unless she watches rehearsals and hopes they do exactly the same thing live. She's not Jay Leno.

I don't believe that a lot of the stuff she says is off the top of her head. If she doesn't have writers for AI then she is coming up with that stuff on her own before the show. And yes she does have a staff of comedy writers, it would be impossible to pull off her TV show every day without them. Even stand up comedians have people write some jokes for them. Everyone who hosts a show has writers comedian or not. I just think on AI her jokes come off as "prepared."
She definitely has writers for her show, because the union was furious with her for putting her show back on the air while they were on strike.I actually get the sense that she *is* kinda working off the cuff on AI, so if her jokes are pre-prepared she's delivering them very well.

When is Tim getting kicked off?! He had a decently good performance tonight, but he should have been gone already! Casey was good, I liked Lee's performance...the bagpipe was hilarious

Let's see if I can do this 2 weeks in a row.Bottom 3:1. Tim2. Katie3. AndrewKatie goes bye bye.Tim should hopefully be gone next week, although his perfomance last night was his best by far.