• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't blown away by his performance, but it's obvious he is light years ahead of the current crop in terms of stage presence and star power.That initial smoke/laser effect was pretty trippy.
It might not be my niche of music but I won't deny he has great stage presence and insane pipes.

I'm really bored with this show. I guess I still look forward to Lee Dewyze and Siobhan, but I just fast forward through most of everything now. Bowersox is even boring.There is just a really low level of performance. Everyone just sits or stands there with a guitar. And when they decide to actually move around it just comes off awful. Weird show this year.

I'm really bored with this show. I guess I still look forward to Lee Dewyze and Siobhan, but I just fast forward through most of everything now. Bowersox is even boring.There is just a really low level of performance. Everyone just sits or stands there with a guitar. And when they decide to actually move around it just comes off awful. Weird show this year.
This has to be a terrible season if Tim made the top 7. I will seriously never understand. I think Lee, Casey, Siobhan, and Crystal HAVE potential to be great, but if they ever reach it to the fullest remains to be seen. Right now we only see occasional flashes of it. Mostly weak, uninspired performances.
This has to be a terrible season if Tim made the top 7. I will seriously never understand. I think Lee, Casey, Siobhan, and Crystal HAVE potential to be great, but if they ever reach it to the fullest remains to be seen. Right now we only see occasional flashes of it. Mostly weak, uninspired performances.
I personally think Lee keeps on getting better, whereas Casey and Crystal have kind of regressed to the middle with everyone else. It's anyone's game but if Lee keeps elevating it won't be. Siobhan does absolutely nothing for me, I hate the outfits, I hate the song choices, I hate the screaming, it's just played out. Tim was great last week, he deserved to stick around more than Andrew. Katie was good but she was never going to win, just not ready.

I get that Tim had an ok performance. But all I can picture him doing is slow songs where he is just sitting there, like he did. So that leaves him with performing at coffee houses and bookstores? It is just so boring.

I get that Tim had an ok performance. But all I can picture him doing is slow songs where he is just sitting there, like he did. So that leaves him with performing at coffee houses and bookstores? It is just so boring.
Yeah, every time he tries to add energy things get incredibly cheesy QUICK.

Out of the top 12, Andrew (imo) was the only one eliminated so far that could actually put out a record right now, and it would sound good. It might not sell millions, but he just has a great voice for radio.I think he'll do pretty well for himself if he gets signed. His biggest problem was song choice, especially this past week. Hound Dog is such a cliche song to sing. I was really hoping he would do If I Can Dream acoustic with a piano, but of course, Brooke White has to come out last night and butcher it.

Out of the top 12, Andrew (imo) was the only one eliminated so far that could actually put out a record right now, and it would sound good. It might not sell millions, but he just has a great voice for radio.I think he'll do pretty well for himself if he gets signed. His biggest problem was song choice, especially this past week. Hound Dog is such a cliche song to sing. I was really hoping he would do If I Can Dream acoustic with a piano, but of course, Brooke White has to come out last night and butcher it.
I disagree with your tone that he couldn't sell millions right now. Andrew's strenght will absolutely be in the recording studio. His heel is the live performances. I think he's just not a performer. He's a great singer, however, and I believe his record will be really good.
Tim played the expectations game. He got them really low so when he wasn't quite as sucky he seemed better by comparison."What's this? Tim isn't a gigantic bag of suck? Wow! He deserves to stay!"
Yeah, pretty much.Just as an aside, my wife thinks Siobhan is "really hot" and just needs to "de-grunge" herself. I don't see it.

My wife said she was glad that Katie went home because she looked like she smelled bad and made annoying faces. She also said that Andrew deserved to go because his performance this week was karaoke, and his vocals have sucked consistently. As for the rest of the remaining contestants, my wife wasn't in love with any of the performances but only really disliked Aaron and Siobhan, though she wouldn't listen to Tim again. She thinks the top 3 will be Lee, Crystal and Casey at this point.Did I do that right? We are playing the "what my wife thinks of Idol" game, aren't we?

My wife said she was glad that Katie went home because she looked like she smelled bad and made annoying faces. She also said that Andrew deserved to go because his performance this week was karaoke, and his vocals have sucked consistently. As for the rest of the remaining contestants, my wife wasn't in love with any of the performances but only really disliked Aaron and Siobhan, though she wouldn't listen to Tim again. She thinks the top 3 will be Lee, Crystal and Casey at this point.Did I do that right? We are playing the "what my wife thinks of Idol" game, aren't we?
Yes, because what your wife thinks is more valid than what you think or haven't you learned this about marriage yet?
I'm still in love with Siobhan, but she needs to stfu after she performs.
Yeah why did they let her ramble on for so long?Casey - Wow, did he intentionally sing the first lines that way? It was completely offkey and sounded awful. I love this song but he is totally over-singing it. Leave it to Lindsay, I say. Not good.Lee - Interesting choice. I don't like this arrangement, but he gets into it in the second verse so it keeps my interest. I wouldn't want to listen to it again, but I respect what he did with it and I don't have issues with the vocals. It was good, just not my cup of tea.Tim - I don't think this is a good vocal, he can't hold these powerful notes. I don't feel "inspired" or whatever by this. I think his niche is songs that make teen girls swoon, and this song is too indie for him.Aaron - Uh oh the potential for cheese is mega. Ok this is totally self-indulgent and he isn't a good enough singer to pull it off. I really dislike this little toad.Siobhan - She is too breathy sometimes. I'm wondering how she will make this into her style... oh, she didn't. This performance kinda never peaked for me. It seemed to be over way faster than all the others, and not in a good way. Not bad, though, but not great or special.Mike - Hero? Boring song. Oh wait, this Hero? I actually kinda love this song. How embarassing to admit that. Intrigued to see how he delivers it. God he is so HUGE, he's like the chocolate Hulk. I'm enjoying this performance but maybe just because this song is a guilty pleasure for me. I thought it was good, not great.Crystal - I am not keen on the song itself, but she is singing it really well. I think it's a good performance... uhh oh my god is she crying? How... eeurrgh. That throws it off for me, I hate when people get all emotional like that. I am cringing. I really liked it until she started crying.Overall I feel that the band/musical director or whoever really messed up with the levels this week. The backing music was so quiet for all the performances, so all the performances came off a bit weak and unexciting. There wasn't enough impact from the instruments.

Chocolate Hulk!Anyway...Crystal - Best of the night, even with the emotional hiccup at the endLee - Second best. Lotta soulSiobhan - I liked it better than the judges did. She's really starting to come off as stubborn in her deliveries and then she talksCasey and Mike - Same range as Siobhan. They are not "growing" enough (lol)Aaron and Tim - **** off already. Aaron was clearly better than Tim, but does the world need another male pixie singer?

siobhan hasn't been very good lately but they don't seem to give her any credit for degree of difficulty which is much higher than anyone else's
It's too bad she can't find a good "zone". She really does have a killer voice. Maybe she'll find a Joni Mitchell or Carole King song she can sink her fangs into...

Casey - see every other comment I've made about him ever.Lee - I liked this a lot, but he has moments in every song where his singing just isn't that good. I think he would benefit a lot more from winning than someone like Crystal, who seems to have a clue.Tim -

Joey
: Yeah. I don't know what it is, but I wanna deliver one of these (*holds up fist*) right into your suckhole.
Tim
: Is there anything I can do?
Joey
: No, not really. It's your face. Again, you're doing great, man, The Catalina Wine Mixer. We're all having a great time, having fun. You pulled it off...but you don't change your face... I'm gonna change it for you.
Tim
: Okay, okay. All I can do is take that in, consider it...And I'll just do my best version of whatever I think that would be.
Joey
: I don't even hear you, your face is driving me nuts.
Tim
: Thanks again, though.

Aaron - I'm just going to go ahead and fast forward past this schmaltz.Siobhan - I think I'm just about done with her. Maybe she can get it back, but she hasn't been really good in a while.Mike - I've never liked his voice and nothing has really changed. I also hate that stupid little two handed wave he does.Crystal - Oh hey, a little cleavage. Pretty fantastic singing, I think. Really with the crying? What was the deal with her ending in the recap montage? That was pretty obviously not how she ended the song. Did they give her a redo? Was that from rehearsal? What's going on here?Anyway, Tim or Aaron is going home and I don't care who it is.

I didn't realize how fat Mike is until this episode. He was always wearing a jacket, or they only showed him from the pecks up. When they did the shots going from the side or back...wow he is fat.

I didn't realize how fat Mike is until this episode. He was always wearing a jacket, or they only showed him from the pecks up. When they did the shots going from the side or back...wow he is fat.
I thought the same thing. I think he's gained a lot of weight since the auditions, because I thought he seemed somewhat fit back then.
Crystal - Oh hey, a little cleavage. Pretty fantastic singing, I think. Really with the crying? What was the deal with her ending in the recap montage? That was pretty obviously not how she ended the song. Did they give her a redo? Was that from rehearsal? What's going on here?
I thought the same thing, but didn't think I could express it in a way that would make you guys understand. Thanks for saving me the effort. That shit was wack.
siobhan hasn't been very good lately but they don't seem to give her any credit for degree of difficulty which is much higher than anyone else's
totally agree, the judges seem to be all over the place anymore. She does need to just do something more simple and just sing it. If there's a complaint it came off a little broadway.
I thought the same thing, but didn't think I could express it in a way that would make you guys understand. Thanks for saving me the effort. That shit was wack.
They do this alot, show the clips from the rehearsals.
I thought the same thing. I think he's gained a lot of weight since the auditions, because I thought he seemed somewhat fit back then.
He probably doesn't have a lot of time to work out with all the music stuff going on, and he probably hasn't changed his eating habits that he formed when he needed all that food to bulk up, so now it's just turning to fat. (a lot of assumptions, I realize)