Are you kidding me here?You were talking about Lady Gaga's singing STYLE.... Her music, Her original songs.When did you mention her singing ability?When have we heard one of Siobhan's original songs, and what type of album she's going to release? What exactly is her style?
I'm not even sure what you are trying to get at with all the Lady Gaga stuff. I said she is successful because she produces pop hit after pop hit. True statement. I also said that her songs don't really require any amazing vocals. Also a true statement. I said comparing her to Siobhan was silly. True Statement. So Siobhan's singing style on American Idol is going to be completely different than her album? She isn't going to sound anything like what she does right now? That's what you are saying. Please stop trying to argue with me just for the sake of arguing. I don't agree with you and all of this is my opinion anyways.BTW, most artists don't magically change overnight. Siobhan has good vocals, but sings a certain way. More than likely that is something that is not going to change. So yes, watching her on American Idol gives us a preview of what she will sound like whether its her original music or not.
  • Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still super into Siobhan I don't care what you ingrates say. I even liked the performance this week.lol at Tim not in the bottom 3. I truly don't think the vote for the worst thing has any clout at all. You have to be a super nerd to go to that website and actually vote for who they tell you to. I think young girls and moms genuinely feel sorry for him which is why he is getting votes.I think Andrew should be the new vote for the worst guy though. It is sad because he actually has talent but just makes the worst decisions ever in song/arrangement choices.

I'm not even sure what you are trying to get at with all the Lady Gaga stuff. I said she is successful because she produces pop hit after pop hit. True statement. I also said that her songs don't really require any amazing vocals. Also a true statement. I said comparing her to Siobhan was silly. True Statement. So Siobhan's singing style on American Idol is going to be completely different than her album? She isn't going to sound anything like what she does right now? That's what you are saying. Please stop trying to argue with me just for the sake of arguing. I don't agree with you and all of this is my opinion anyways.BTW, most artists don't magically change overnight. Siobhan has good vocals, but sings a certain way. More than likely that is something that is not going to change. So yes, watching her on American Idol gives us a preview of what she will sound like whether its her original music or not.
I think it's possible that siobhan would be more hard edged or punk if given a choice - i think the songs available could be limiting herI agree that andrew should embrace his mellow hispanic side - i see him singing something like sublime well
I'm still super into Siobhan I don't care what you ingrates say. I even liked the performance this week.lol at Tim not in the bottom 3. I truly don't think the vote for the worst thing has any clout at all. You have to be a super nerd to go to that website and actually vote for who they tell you to. I think young girls and moms genuinely feel sorry for him which is why he is getting votes.I think Andrew should be the new vote for the worst guy though. It is sad because he actually has talent but just makes the worst decisions ever in song/arrangement choices.
For the life of me, I cannot believe there are that many people out there that feel bad enough (and young girls) for Tim to keep voting for him. The guy has a good voice, but his time to go is overdue.And yes, Andrew is the bottom also. His potential > than Tim's by a lot in my opinion though.
That's obviously because you've never had wild crazy oh my god dirty sweaty messy sex.
Hahahahaha.I have been late to the party the last few weeks, sorry about the lack of detailed comments, I know you all LOVE to know my opinions.I was very surprised that Mike was bottom this week. His performance wasn't one of his best but I always thought he was very popular with the voters, and he wasn't bad enough to deserve the lowest vote. I thought the save was a good choice. Hopefully next week Tim and Katie or Aaron go home, but it seems like Andrew will need to do a great performance to save himself.I don't get why y'all are creaming over Casey. I thought his performance was good but I love that song and his vocals were really off for me... he ****ed up the melody, maybe deliberately, and that spoiled it for me. I don't see him as a frontrunner and I wouldn't mind if he left in the next few weeks. Sorry!Siobhan has gone off the rails a bit. Her performance was alright but boring compared to her usual thing. I prefer her as a soul singer with more energy and fun. Crystal yelled a bit too much for me this week, not one of her best weeks, though she claims to have a cold so maybe that contributed, I don't know. Not bad but not her best.Aaron sure is boring. Tim did well for Tim, but clearly shouldn't be there. Katie did well for Katie, but I still don't like her. Andrew was alright but forgettable, and the fact that Flushgarden endorses him is a real turn-off.Am I forgetting someone? Oh, Lee, he was pretty good but went a bit wild and rambly trying to get audience participation going. I think he is a frontrunner, surprised y'all don't agree with that.

Casey was the best this week but he's too generic to be interesting - a bar blues performer - if you put him next to stevie ray vaughan he'd seem silly - but then again next to stevie ray vaughan maybe everyone looks silly

Casey was the best this week but he's too generic to be interesting - a bar blues performer - if you put him next to stevie ray vaughan he'd seem silly - but then again next to stevie ray vaughan maybe everyone looks silly
If Casey puts out a CD, I'd imagine it to be a little like Marc Broussard.
Did anyone else find it amusing that Casey was the only one who didn't sing a Beatles song.
If Casey puts out a CD, I'd imagine it to be a little like Marc Broussard.
Did anyone else find it amusing that Casey was the only one who didn't sing a Beatles song.
well it was the only non Lennon/McCartney song - i thought it was more interesting that of course most chose sappy Paul songs
I think it's possible that siobhan would be more hard edged or punk if given a choice - i think the songs available could be limiting herI agree that andrew should embrace his mellow hispanic side - i see him singing something like sublime well
Good call. Also, I think Everlast's What It's Like would be a good choice for him as well.
I was not a Casey fan because he was so generic... my impression was that he was a vacant pretty boy. But when he showed emotion in both his voice and face in that perforamance, it was brilliant. Hopefully, that is who he really is and not just a one time act.
I noticed. I give up.
You made no compelling arguments. You just want to argue. I'm not gonna keep explaining something very simple that everyone else in this thread seems to get to someone as stubborn as you. Please, just stop responding to my posts because you bring nothing intelligent to this thread. I laugh to myself everytime I think about how witty you believe you are.
Lady Gaga imo
hahaI simply said that Siobhan has a very unique singing style. Very big vocals, but I believe she would have trouble appealing to a large audience the way Lady Gaga does. I hope she proves me wrong because I wish them all success. Just don't understand what's so difficult to comprehend about the above statement. I can't form that opinion because Siobhan hasn't put out an album yet? Silly....
hahaI simply said that Siobhan has a very unique singing style. Very big vocals, but I believe she would have trouble appealing to a large audience the way Lady Gaga does. I hope she proves me wrong because I wish them all success. Just don't understand what's so difficult to comprehend about the above statement. I can't form that opinion because Siobhan hasn't put out an album yet? Silly....
Yah, I hear ya...I think it would be fairly easy to package Siobhan in a mass market friendly way, just like "they" packaged Lady Gaga. Apparently, La Gaga (as she is called by her close associates) has some real musical cred, but I really doubt she writes the music and the kind of stuff that appears on her albums is usually a production thing. She's a figurehead for a well-oiled publicity machine.
Yah, I hear ya...I think it would be fairly easy to package Siobhan in a mass market friendly way, just like "they" packaged Lady Gaga. Apparently, La Gaga (as she is called by her close associates) has some real musical cred, but I really doubt she writes the music and the kind of stuff that appears on her albums is usually a production thing. She's a figurehead for a well-oiled publicity machine.
Yeah I think if she went a different route she could have success cause there is no denying she has pipes. I think that is what the judges are trying to get through to her. To be successful today she needs to be more "current." Lady Gaga would definitely qualify as current.
the fact that Flushgarden endorses him is a real turn-off.
That's a fact.
Good call. Also, I think Everlast's What It's Like would be a good choice for him as well.
This is an excellent suggestion.
You made no compelling arguments. You just want to argue. I'm not gonna keep explaining something very simple that everyone else in this thread seems to get to someone as stubborn as you. Please, just stop responding to my posts because you bring nothing intelligent to this thread. I laugh to myself everytime I think about how witty you believe you are.
I wasn't arguing to argue. I wasn't even arguing at all. I was saying you're making a pretty big jump knowing what type of album she is going to make, from hearing how she sings other people's songs. You don't know it, and she might not even know it yet. Her having a unique singing style has nothing to do with her not being able to make pop songs. Why the hell do you think I wound want to randomly argue with you out of nowhere?
I wasn't arguing to argue. I wasn't even arguing at all. I was saying you're making a pretty big jump knowing what type of album she is going to make, from hearing how she sings other people's songs. You don't know it, and she might not even know it yet. Her having a unique singing style has nothing to do with her not being able to make pop songs. Why the hell do you think I wound want to randomly argue with you out of nowhere?
Because you obviously don't read my posts. Just take what you want out of them. I never said I know what type of album she is going to make. I said I felt that it would be difficult for her to appeal to a large audience with her current style. Yes I realize she is singing other people's songs, but it is still her voice and her version of that song. Apparently, the judges agree with me or vice versa since they have said the same thing. She needs to find her niche and be more "current" if she wants to be successful as an artist is what they tell her week after week. Nobody is denying her talent and nobody is saying she can't be successful or put out an album full of hits. Only that it will be difficult because certain people (like myself) don't enjoy listening to her sing right now. I really don't understand how you can argue with any of that.

The show used to be good when it was about talent and they weren't constantly spouting off bullshit about finding out what type of artist you're going to be. Kelly Clarkson just sang the hell out of songs and found her style when she was making her album. That's how most of them will be in actuality. Most of the things you're talking about will be taken care of in the process of making the album when she's got managers and producers telling her these things. It's not something that should matter in this show. It never used to. Look at fucking Clay Aiken.

This has to be the most serious American Idol thread on the whole internet.
haha, we take our Idol seriously. I have always followed the end of past Idol seasons, but this is my first season watching it all the way through and I must say you get sucked in.

Siobhan is ugly. That's right, ugly. Not "unconventionally attractive", just ugly.And she sounds like an old woman singing through her nose. Her phrasing, tonality and control are lounge act-y and annoying.Lady Gaga, as faggotry as she is, is about 200% the singer Siobhan is, in terms of tonality and radio appeal.Big Mike is in trouble for three reasons:1. The stupid ass hand signs, finger pinching and "X" arm crossing.2. The LL. Cool J lip licks and myspace smoochy pucker lip thing.3. Walks and acts like he's super in shape, when really he's carrying around a shit ton of fat. Which isn't a problem, but don't pretend you look like Arnold. You have as much fat as muscle. Tim is a faggot who should go back to signing at church events.

Siobhan is ugly. That's right, ugly. Not "unconventionally attractive", just ugly.And she sounds like an old woman singing through her nose. Her phrasing, tonality and control are lounge act-y and annoying.Lady Gaga, as faggotry as she is, is about 200% the singer Siobhan is, in terms of tonality and radio appeal.Big Mike is in trouble for three reasons:1. The stupid ass hand signs, finger pinching and "X" arm crossing.2. The LL. Cool J lip licks and myspace smoochy pucker lip thing.3. Walks and acts like he's super in shape, when really he's carrying around a shit ton of fat. Which isn't a problem, but don't pretend you look like Arnold. You have as much fat as muscle. Tim is a faggot who should go back to signing at church events.
This guy "gets it".