Your Hockey Bucket List

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attending a Pens game in every NHL city.My completed list is pretty short with only...PittsburghBuffaloPhiladelphiaWashington...but next year I have plans to add hopefully...Los Angeles (Nov. 3rd)Anaheim (Nov. 5th)San Jose (Nov. 7th)

Attending a Pens game in every NHL city.My completed list is pretty short with only...PittsburghBuffaloPhiladelphiaWashington...but next year I have plans to add hopefully...Los Angeles (Nov. 3rd)Anaheim (Nov. 5th)San Jose (Nov. 7th)
Let me know if you plan to make it out to LA, I wouldn't be surprised if I go to both games in LA and in Anaheim. Considering it's not easy to see the Penguins, only the 2nd time they've been in LA since they drafted Crosby.See if we can go down to the Training Center in LA and get you some autographs.
I need to see more games so would be in, too bad I doubt we could get enough interest for a suite.
would very likely travel for suite rental - especially if we could pay mr. henderson via ftp :club:
http://www2.scotiabankplace.com/eng/suites/single-night.cfm12-30 people; prices for this year are tbd... I thought it was going to be just over $100 a person when I calculate it a while back so I'm guessing $1500+
Duane, if you can let us know when the prices are announced, and how much for a particular game, maybe we can get a decent number of guys from FCP, and I could possibly convince some of my friends to fill the suite if we need more $$$.I'd pay $100 for the suite, no prob.

fwiw I'd rather pay a bit more $ to have less people in the suite (if it's $200 to have 10 hardcore fcp'ers or $100 to have 10 fcp and 10 randoms for example) I'd gladly pay the extra.

If I ever think of more, I'll add them later. For now?- Shake Mario's hand.- Touch the Cup. - See a Pens game in a canadian city.
I did two of these!!!! (wow, really letting me know how blessed (in a non-religious sense) my life has really been).I never shook Mario's hand.I did, however, touch the Cup at Mario's on the Southside (in my avatar, with the legendary Timothy Fryer, Jordan Staal and Petr Sykora), and I have seen the Pens play in Ottawa and Montreal.
I also did two of those and before I read your post I was going to have on my bukcet list crossed off "Touch the Stanley Cup and Zach's hand AT THE SAME TIME!" hahaI've also taken and given a pass to Mario when I was 15 at a hockey camp.The first one to come to mind on my list (as Dev also said) would be to see a Pens game in every NHL city. Chicago (3-4 times) and Buffalo (Winter Classic so I won't count it) are the only ones I have. I've seen a game at Joe Lewis, but it was Colorado at Det.

Growing up my dream was to watch any team hoist the cup and I was lucky to have seen the Wings hoist it at the MCI center in 07.I have been lucky enough in my last job to meet and get to know many Wings at that time like Yzerman, Hull, Schneider, Avery, and Hasek. I have touched the cup multiple times when seeing it at random places over a few summers.I guess if I had to choose one wish it would be see a game in every arena and I only can say I have been to the Joe and the Caps home.

Take a pass from Wayne Gretzky...obv.Watch a game with Scotty Bowman.Follow a GM around during the draft and leading up to the trade deadline.Shootout on an NHL goalie.Put on the goalie gear and have someone like Chara fire a shot at me from the blueline. I would try my best to keep my eyes open.

A lot of us (including me) are shooting for the stars with some of this stuff but here's one that may not seem like a big deal to some of you.Just lace em up and play a game on ice. I've skated and played hockey but never at the same time. I'm sure it will be painful and embarrassing but it's something I gotta do.

Go to an Avs road game (May be completed on 10/30 @ SJ)Touch the cupMeet Joe SakicWould also be cool to participate in one of those intermission activities, like Belanger25(i think) playing sumo hockey...while i think of that riding the zambonie during intermission would be cool. Does anyone know how you get to do stuff like that??

Go to an Avs road game (May be completed on 10/30 @ SJ)Touch the cupMeet Joe SakicWould also be cool to participate in one of those intermission activities, like Belanger25(i think) playing sumo hockey...while i think of that riding the zambonie during intermission would be cool. Does anyone know how you get to do stuff like that??
Both times I did Sumo hockey at Staples Center I was just standing on the concourse in between periods and they asked if I wanted to go down and do it. The 2nd time they practically begged me and my friend because they needed people. It's awesome because you get 4 minutes of fame on ice, but fall once and you get 15,000+ people laughing at you.Bad part, you miss one whole period between going to the ice level and so forth.
Follow a GM around during the draft and leading up to the trade deadline.
I'm assuming you've read Gare Joyce's book about his experience following the Columbus brass around leading up to the 2006 draft, but if you haven't it's well worth a buy. It's called Future Greats and Heartbreaks.
I'm assuming you've read Gare Joyce's book about his experience following the Columbus brass around leading up to the 2006 draft, but if you haven't it's well worth a buy. It's called Future Greats and Heartbreaks.
i am tilted cos i cant find this anywhere in the uk
http://blues.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?id=4611video generally takes an eternity to load, but if you can finangle it, that's the blues draft coverage with footage from the deliberating process etc.it's about an hour long, maybe the best hour of my LIFE.also: I only felt comfortable posting this because everyone in the video has been drafted already :club:

- See a game in the Joe (I've only seen the Wings play in Calgary/Edmonton)- Meet Steve Yzerman (good possibility, my first cousin is now Brent Gilchrist's business partner and has had the opportunity to hang out with Steve, Kenny H, etc.)- Say something very ignorant to Patrick Roy- See Stanley in person- Have a sleepover with Pavel and Hank :club: LOL

Cheaper from amazon.ca!http://www.amazon.ca/Future-Greats-Heartbr...6268&sr=8-1And there's 5 4! copies left!
Gone though about 2/3rds of the book so far, excellent stuff. Good use of footnotes so the main narrative doesn't get bogged down in asides and details. Only criticism is that the book was published in 2007 so some of the observations were dated... including a fair amount on Cherapanov. Though a lot of credit to the author as Varlamov really caught his eye.

In high school, I played with a future Selke and multiple Cup winner in Kris Draper. We were extremely fortunate back then to have our team play a 30 min scrimmage game with the 1986 Montreal CanadiensAs we got to the ice we could hear a ping by the net closest to us, yet no one in that zone.. we looked to the FAR blue line and saw Chris Chelios shooting a bucket of pucks into the net by us. I wondered often if Kris and Chris ever joked about that moment.I managed a shot on Patrick Roy.. I think he put a crossword or a sandwich down to put his glove on and make the glove save.I was lucky to attend some of the greatest hockey ever played, the 1987 Canada CupSo my Bucket List involves a trip to the Bell Centre (and the obligatory beer at Chez Paree for the post game with the players LOL), and maybe just seeing all of the O 6 arenas up close and personal.IF it's a fantasy Bucket List.. i want the Weasel's job. Won't be any Boots Dell'baggio approvals as owners on my watch! :club: