Two $1500 Wsop Seats + $700 Ea Travel Expenses - Fcp Series

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wsop schedule is out.the first NL tourny is on a saturday, may 28, and is only 1k entry fee!the first nl tourny of the series is always the one with a huge ass field. last year the winner won like 700k which is sick for that buyin!i would suggest making that the tourny the league feeds into, and then we can give 3people the seat plus expenses, and we could also then lower the rake taken away from the players and given to the league members, maybe take out 10% of 1st 20% of 2nd and 30% of third ?yeah it may be a little harder to get everyone to commit to may28th, but it is on a saturday, meaning this should be best for people who work 9-5 M-F , and it seems like there was enuff interest for this that we could still get 40 people who are committed to this date

wsop schedule is out.the first NL tourny is on a saturday, may 28, and is only 1k entry fee!the first nl tourny of the series is always the one with a huge ass field. last year the winner won like 700k which is sick for that buyin!i would suggest making that the tourny the league feeds into, and then we can give 3people the seat plus expenses, and we could also then lower the rake taken away from the players and given to the league members, maybe take out 10% of 1st 20% of 2nd and 30% of third ?yeah it may be a little harder to get everyone to commit to may28th, but it is on a saturday, meaning this should be best for people who work 9-5 M-F , and it seems like there was enuff interest for this that we could still get 40 people who are committed to this date
I see what you are saying here, but I think it is a little late in the game to change things now that we have 39 people who committed to this and may already have plans to be in Vegas during other times or might find a schedule conflict if confined to one particular date.The way it is now people can play any $1500 event they like although I hope they will play a NL event since they obviously must have a decent level of skill at it to qualify this way plus that will be where the larger prize pools are at.
I see what you are saying here, but I think it is a little late in the game to change things now that we have 39 people who committed to this and may already have plans to be in Vegas during other times or might find a schedule conflict if confined to one particular date.The way it is now people can play any $1500 event they like although I hope they will play a NL event since they obviously must have a decent level of skill at it to qualify this way plus that will be where the larger prize pools are at.
Agreed with the exception of Naked Cowboy. If he wins the seat, he should play a stud event and get himself a bracelet.
Agreed with the exception of Naked Cowboy. If he wins the seat, he should play a mixed or split pot event and get himself a bracelet.
FYP. I hope noone minds, but my schedule will be based around one of these at the series this summer regardless of the outcome of this set of tournaments:25 June 11, 5 p.m. Omaha/seven-card stud high-low $2,500 TBA and31 June 14, 5 p.m. HORSE (three-day event) $1,500 TBA or48 June 25, noon Pot-limit Omaha high-low split (three-day event) $1,500 TBA and53 June 28, 5 p.m. Seven-card stud high-low (three-day event) $1,500 TBA 13th in the stud 8 event last year and there were two people at my HORSE starting table that didn't know how to play at least one of the fives games. hard to believe i'm not more +EV in these than NLHE. i'd way rather checky or maybe even ray do the same if i had a piece of them, etc.

Alan put me on the interested but not confirmed list rather than the seat list thx

shipped!
received,just created game 11 now since it is exactly 90 days out so all tournaments are available for pre register. Again would be awesome if everyone preregistered for all 11 tourneys.FCP WSOP - Game 11Game 11 - Apr 26th - 7PM EST - Tourny #136713614

Technically 2 spots still open since rcgs59 moved to the interested but not confirmed listHave received money from everyone except :HubDub04Vick12LaronsVtlaxer09vvganeshavv - just deposited, waiting to clearWandigoTB17If you have sent me money but not received the password please let me know

received,just created game 11 now since it is exactly 90 days out so all tournaments are available for pre register. Again would be awesome if everyone preregistered for all 11 tourneys.FCP WSOP - Game 11Game 11 - Apr 26th - 7PM EST - Tourny #136713614
fyp

2 SUGGESTIONS1) I would vote for the bottom 20 players to not RECIEVE a stake. Do they really deserve to be rewarded for such a poor performance?Instead, they play a 20person DS freezeout, where the top 3 then do recieve a stake.this would add an extra 7% or so to the pool, which can then be distributed a little bit bottom heavy.honestly, these .0025 and .0050 % stakes would be cool if this was the Main event, but for a 1500$ event, some of which might be a small field stud or horse like some people have said, it seems kinda pointless to give out that small a percentage.I mean seriously, if u go there and cash barely, doubling your entry fee, do u really want to be sending 4 dollars to the bottom 20 people? 2) to avoid collusion, i believe tournaments 10 and 11 should be made into 11dollar tournaments, where the people who cash keep half the payouts. I personally do not have any close relationships with anyone in this league (maybe i will in the future). But im sure there are people in this league who are real tight with each other, and what if:-friend A is mathematically eliminated from the seats by the final 2 tournaments, and also near the bottom 10, virtually garaunteeing they cant move up to a top spot to get a nice cut (2-3% of the horse)-real good friend B is mathematically on the bubble of the top two spots going into the final two tournaments - friend A and B end up at the same table at the start, or near the end, of tournaments 10&11- friend A dumps either a small stack , or perhaps even a huge stack to friend B to help him make the top two.

2 SUGGESTIONS1) I would vote for the bottom 20 players to not RECIEVE a stake. Do they really deserve to be rewarded for such a poor performance?Instead, they play a 20person DS freezeout, where the top 3 then do recieve a stake.this would add an extra 7% or so to the pool, which can then be distributed a little bit bottom heavy.honestly, these .0025 and .0050 % stakes would be cool if this was the Main event, but for a 1500$ event, some of which might be a small field stud or horse like some people have said, it seems kinda pointless to give out that small a percentage.I mean seriously, if u go there and cash barely, doubling your entry fee, do u really want to be sending 4 dollars to the bottom 20 people? 2) to avoid collusion, i believe tournaments 10 and 11 should be made into 11dollar tournaments, where the people who cash keep half the payouts. I personally do not have any close relationships with anyone in this league (maybe i will in the future). But im sure there are people in this league who are real tight with each other, and what if:-friend A is mathematically eliminated from the seats by the final 2 tournaments, and also near the bottom 10, virtually garaunteeing they cant move up to a top spot to get a nice cut (2-3% of the horse)-real good friend B is mathematically on the bubble of the top two spots going into the final two tournaments - friend A and B end up at the same table at the start, or near the end, of tournaments 10&11- friend A dumps either a small stack , or perhaps even a huge stack to friend B to help him make the top two.
Reply to 1 - WAT? I mean, this is one of the cool things about it is if I do crappy, I still have interest in the guys who won. I think that's one of the best ideas about the tournament so I think leave it as is, which I'm sure will be done. If I win $4, I win $4. I surely won't complain about it. I'm not really looking at this as an investment, more the fun of it.2 - If somebody colluded I'd personally hunt them down and kill them myself. But, you can collude just as easily in any other tournament. I'm quite sure that with the experienced players involved, I'm sure that nobody would even try it, let alone expect to get away with it. I'd like to think that most involved can be trusted.Really, if you're that dissatisfied with it and don't trust people over $110 bucks, I have to ask, why did you sign up? I really think it's fine the way it is. Just my opinion though.
Really, if you're that dissatisfied with it and don't trust people over $110 bucks, I have to ask, why did you sign up? I really think it's fine the way it is. Just my opinion though.
not dis-sastified, just offering ways to make it better.and the wsop schedule came out today, one of my most exciting poker days of the year, which means im a little bit more juiced up about it than normal and probably thinking too much.