Bottom three should be:MeganLilBlindyBottom three will be:MattAnoop MeganOdd, you can sing anything you want, and what, four people sing songs that are 30 years old.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom three should be:MeganLilBlindyBottom three will be:MattAnoop MeganOdd, you can sing anything you want, and what, four people sing songs that are 30 years old.
Yes, but they contemporized (does that word exist?) them.

Anoop - I don't like the song choice at all. I never liked that song, and it definitely isn't a "singer's song". I get that he wants to be fun and uptempo again, but he should have done something that shows his vocals better. Something a little different that he could play around with. Something like Charles & Eddie - Would I Lie To You Baby - a true classic that could be updated by someone with a sense of humour. He could probably pull off something funky like Use Me by Bill Withers. ETA: Or Red Red Wine by UB40, that could have been good.Megan - I thought it sounded good at first, but after a few lines I could hear how weak her voice is and I suddenly came to the realisation that she is never going to be a comfortable performer. I just don't think she is a singer. She needs to practice a lot to strengthen her voice, and it won't happen before this show wraps up. I didn't mind the song choice, but it is smarter to pick something the public recognises because I think people will forget about this performance without that cue. Gokey - Cheesy ballad again, his voice is good and all but I hate this kinda music. Defintely a contender, but I'm bored of his ballads. Allison - Decent enough but didn't do anything new to the song. There are plenty of teenagers who would sing the same song in the same way and wouldn't be much worse. I wish she had changed a song to fit her style rather than picking one that already did.Blindy - I don't like the quality to his voice and he isn't a great singer, but it was fine.Piano guy - Hate hate hate the Fray. I am sick of the judges trying to pigeon hole him though. I like him best when he sings the soulful, bluesy stuff with the piano, but if that isn't what he wants to be as an artist then fine, there are probably a lot of guys with as much talent that can fill that niche in the market. He isn't as good with the indie-pop stuff, but that's what he wants to do, so let him hang himself with it. I thought he sang fine but the mix wasn't great and the keyboard was too loud. Not loving him anymore to be honest.Lil - Didn't like this at all. I didn't think her voice sounded great. Even when she hit the big notes it sounded a little off-key and bland to me. She looked awful (surprised Simon didn't mention it). Like with piano guy, I am tried of the judges trying to force her into singing Mary J Blige. It really annoys me actually, if they want Blige they should commission a performance from her. Lil isn't going to be successful singing only Blige songs, unless she wants a job as a celebrity impersonator rather than an individual artist.Adam - Crazy and unexpected but very well executed. When he goes into his rock-god kinda voice it really reminds me of Led Zeppelin. I can imagine him singing "Black Dog" pretty well even though Zeppelin fans would probably go up in arms about it.Kris - I thought his vocals were impressive and the arrangement was pretty good. I hated the ending ([long pause]...[softly with one chord on the piano] gone...[silence]). I wouldn't want to listen to it again really, but I finally feel like he should be in the competition, and I think I will remember this performance unlike all his others.Nothing really horrible but a lot of mediocre mixed with a lot of self-indulgence this week. I think Megan is the best bet to go, but there several possibilities for the bottom 3 - piano, blindy, Megan, Lil, Anoop... I don't think any of them can feel confident. Allison will probably be ok thanks to last week's performance.EDIT: Well aren't you all concise today? Nothing wrong with singing old songs, Ronny. The newer songs picked were mostly terrible.

Hey! New to this thread, but as someone who watches this weekly I thought I'd add my 2 cents:Anoop - Not good. Looked like an uncomfortable looking kid trying to act cool and suave, when in fact he's not.Megan - I've been a defender and fan of hers so far this season, but tonight was just awful. Nails on a chalkboard bad.Danny - I really like his voice and thought he sang this well. I'm glad he didn't try to pull at the heart strings by mentioning how the song reminded him of his wife, even though I'm sure it did. Definately one of the few who have a legit shot of winning this.Allison - Forget the clothes, what the hell was up with that hair?!? She looked like the lead singer for the No Doubt cross-dressing cover band. That being said...she's still has top 5 talent, but not a real chance to win, in my opinion.Scott - I thought he did an ok job with the song and all, but i'm SOOOO sick of the uplifting, Brady Bunch songs. I know that's his thing, but it's very old now.Matt - I actually liked this performance. The music was definately off, as it was too loud, but I thought he did a good job with it. I've noticed that most of the time when contestants sing a song that's not widely known, that they usually struggle with the judges and in votes. I hope that's not the case this week, as I think he's top 3 material.Lil - Maybe it's because I HATE the type of music she sang, but I thought she was worse than Anoop and just slightly better than Megan. Sure, she has decent vocal ability, but she did NOTHING with it this week. Snoozefest.Adam - He's definately a love him or hate him kind of guy...and I love him! I think he'll be the most interesting person in this show's history to watch what he does after it ends and he gets going in his career. During his setup video when they said what he was singing, I thought to myself that it was going to be horrible...but it was entertaining, unique and well sung.Kris - He's an interesting one. He's a very good artist, but he's easy to lose in the shuffle. He's a guy that I always really like when he finishes, but 10 minutes later, I totally forget about him.Top 3 for this week:1. Adam2. Matt3. KrisBottom 3 (with #1 going home):1. Megan2. Lil3. Anoop

Matt - I actually liked this performance. The music was definately off, as it was too loud, but I thought he did a good job with it. I've noticed that most of the time when contestants sing a song that's not widely known, that they usually struggle with the judges and in votes. I hope that's not the case this week, as I think he's top 3 material.
I've really not liked this guy, but for some reason I liked him this week even though all the judges hated him.I hate Adam Lambert, but it painfully became obvious to me tonight that he is the winner. To quote the great Dicky V, "IT'S OVER BABYYYY."And I agree with the judges on that weird shit Alison was wearing. The first thing I said when the show started was "WTF? Is she wearing a red tent?"
Adam - Crazy and unexpected but very well executed. When he goes into his rock-god kinda voice it really reminds me of Led Zeppelin. I can imagine him singing "Black Dog" pretty well even though Zeppelin fans would probably go up in arms about it.
Zeppelin doesn't license out their music very often, I think there's one person in the history of the show who's ever done a Led Zep song, and I seem to remember that they got special permission somehow. Heh, I was trying to find out who that person was and came across this...http://adam-lambert.org/?tag=led-zeppelinSo there ya go. Overall, I was really underwhelmed by this week's performances other than Adam and Kris, who were both great. I thought Matt was better than they gave him credit for and I think Danny and Allison (both of whom I like a lot) were given more credit than their performances deserved. I was 100% shocked when neither of them got ripped by Simon, I thought last night's were their weakest performances so far. Megan was so godawful I couldn't stop laughing, and they finally let her have it. Scott's best performance so far, but I still really don't think he should be there anymore. Anoop has his moments but they're too few and far between for him to have much of a future with the show. I've never been a Lil fan and after this week I'm even less so, if that was possible. Top 3:1. Adam2. Kris3. MattBottom 3:1. Megan (please go home, one TIME dealer!)2. Lil3. Anoop

Megan was horrible as usual.Anoop picked a bad song to show any vocal talent.Matt was a little to criticized by the judges.They spent way to much time worrying about what Allison was wearing instead of how she preformed.Lil was okay, another bad song choice but still has one of the best voices in the competition.Adam was interesting...Danny was consistent.Kris's best performance, I liked the arrangement.Scott was okay I guess.Bottom 3Megan, Anoop, and probably Allison this week though it could be Matt again.

every second that Meghan stays on this show is mounting evidence of the incredible power of boobs and blond hair. because she CANT sing. at all.at least she didnt do that weird shoulder dance this week.

every second that Meghan stays on this show is mounting evidence of the incredible power of boobs and blond hair. because she CANT sing. at all.at least she didnt do that weird shoulder dance this week.
It's staggering to think about, but Kristy Lee could sing circles around her.

I still like Meghan and it's not because of her boobs or hair. (I hate her skanky tatttoo)I find her voice incredibly interesting. If only her handlers were smart enough to make her sing a jazz song.

I still like Meghan and it's not because of her boobs or hair. (I hate her skanky tatttoo)I find her voice incredibly interesting. If only her handlers were smart enough to make her sing a jazz song.
There has to be some kind of legal reason why she hasn't done a Billie Holliday song yet, that's just too good of a fit for her.
This.I "get" what she is trying to do and don't hate the result. Still, I understand the criticism and think most people just don't "get" her.Overall, a little disappointed this week. The cream is rising and the middle of the road talent is starting to lose their momentum. They had an open book of songs from which to pick and some just continued to make poor choices.Anoop was bad. So bad. He really seems like a Med School guy trying to be all "Ghetto". He does have a decent voice, but it may be time for him to go homeAdam Still creeps me out, but he is talented. When they announced he was going to sing the White Cherry song, I thought it could be a total train wreck. The beginning and end were not good, but the middle was actually not bad. The competition is going to come down to him and Dead Wife Grandfather Guy.Allison is an awesome rocker with amazing pure talent, but let's face it, has very little style or "cute" factor. That outfit & hair... horrible. Good enough for #3 overall.Danny is still my current pick to win it all.Matt still looks too uncomfortable when he isn't singing. Why do these guys say things like "Yeah, I know I'm really good at the R&B stuff, but wanted to show I could do other stuff too"? Stick to your strengthsScott's version of the Billy Joel tune was good, but remined me of a performance you could see at just about any Holiday Inn Bar. He added almost nothing original to it.Lil Rounds, big ass. Her ass looked like a sack full of cats. Fat cats. And while she has one of the purely best voices, she again picked a song and performance that was nothing special. She is "just" another great voice without the extra "spark"I like Kris, but still keep forgetting he even exists. Great performance and arrangement, but he is just so invisible somehow.For me, this week seemed to be bi-modal.Anoop, Meghan, Scott, Lil, and even Matt in the bottom - "They Don't have the talent to pull this off" GroupDanny, Allison, Adam, and Kris (barely, he may belong in the other group) in the Top - "They have talent" GroupVoters will say: Meghan, Anoop, and Matt in the bottom and Anoop goes home this week.

I like Danny better, but Adam is a lights-out talent and deserves to win. I'd love to see him get a solid rock band behind him and go off Daughtry-style. If it's a contest between who is more adjusted and ready for superstardom then it's no contest at all. I can't shake the feeling that if Danny wins he'll put out the most boring album of all time, second only to Taylor Hicks. In any event, they should both be there at the end.

I can't shake the feeling that if Danny wins he'll put out the most boring album of all time, second only to Taylor Hicks.
I agree with you on this. He's got a good enough voice to win, but he doesn't have the longevity factor. The stuff he sings is just too boring and generic, he doesn't have his own style like some of the others.
Megan was horrible as usual.Anoop picked a bad song to show any vocal talent.Matt was a little to criticized by the judges.They spent way to much time worrying about what Allison was wearing instead of how she preformed.Lil was okay, another bad song choice but still has one of the best voices asses in the competition.Adam was interesting...Danny was consistent.Kris's best performance, I liked the arrangement.Scott was okay I guess.Bottom 3Megan, Anoop, and probably Allison this week though it could be Matt again.
FYP

I just remembered, it wasn't American Idol that had a Led Zeppelin performance, it was that one-off show on MTV, Rock the Cradle. It had all those kids of rock stars doing an Idol style contest, and I'm pretty sure it was Dee Snider's kid who sang Zeppelin. I only remember it because they made such a big deal about how hard it is to get Zep to sign off on using their music for anything.

She has a nice rounds. The backside is a lil' bit thicker than what I normally go for.
a lil bit? Please, it looked like she stole two watermelons from craft services.Should I not have used watermelons in that joke?

Best to worst for me last night:Chris - almost seemed like last year when Cook pulled out Billie JeanAdam - still don't like him but it was goodMatt - just enjoyed it more than the restDanny - he bores me. Mr. Blind - thought he actually did wellLil - not as good as she used to be. Should be getti g better but isn't.Alison - bad song choice. Not one you can really change. Didn't like itAnoop - he bores meMegan - when they said Bob Marley I thought oh crap. Still love but she's done. Actually felt bad for her last night.